Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this a Fairy?

OverSword

On 7/21/2016 at 9:53 AM, Carnoferox said:

It is an example of rogue taxidermy - grafting dead animal parts together to make a bizarre final product. Similar to P.T. Barnum's "Feejee Mermaid" or the artwork of Takeshi Yamada.

****e, then. Im more afraid of whatever hell-spawn had to be killed to make that beastly looking sidhe.

What made that skull? And where does It live? I can make sure never to visit there....

Not real, but It looks incredibly frightening. Something with the skull structure makes me shiver. Good  taxidermy, though.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:28 PM, OverSword said:

Just to be clear I'm not saying this is a fairy okay.  I'm putting this here to entertain you so try to keep your hostility and condescension to a minimum. You know who you are.

Click the link for two videos and pictures

At that stage of decomposition, it's hard to tell what it's orientation was.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am smiling from ear to ear...yeah means I have either ears closely situated or a big mouth...either way.

Fairies...mythical creatures ( so they say) this one with the stinger seen...I have to wonder he\ she (it?) Would fall under the fairies that look after homes? Roman beliefs....??

48 minutes ago, Debstermania said:

I am smiling from ear to ear...yeah means I have either ears closely situated or a big mouth...either way.

Fairies...mythical creatures ( so they say) this one with the stinger seen...I have to wonder he\ she (it?) Would fall under the fairies that look after homes? Roman beliefs....??

Actually within the lore.. house fairies don't have wings. Wings are rather rare in lore, with the pixie being the most famous and overplayed example. And those are outdoor fairies. In Roman/Greek lore, the few examples of winged humanoids are also human sized- a few of the deities, harpies, and some sirens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rashore said:

Actually within the lore.. house fairies don't have wings. Wings are rather rare in lore, with the pixie being the most famous and overplayed example. And those are outdoor fairies. In Roman/Greek lore, the few examples of winged humanoids are also human sized- a few of the deities, harpies, and some sirens.

Thank u kindly. Learned something

and boys and girls.. this is what happens when you say you don't believe in fairies.. a fairy dies..

so you had better start clapping and say you believe in fairies..

or another fairy will die

dumb-costumes-429-850x1619.jpg

though the jar to pickle this one would be a doozy

On 7/22/2016 at 2:50 AM, ouija ouija said:

I'm plumping for this being a hoax. Why? because no one thought to take photos of it when it was freshly dead(the boy who found it said it looked as if it had only just died when he found it), and because they claimed samples from it had to be taken across the border to be analysed (why?!), and the samples were confiscated and destroyed at the border ...... again, why?! Inexplicably, the remaining parts of the fairy were left in formaldehyde for two years ..... which ended the possibility of DNA testing on them. Plus, and most importantly, there isn't the tiniest remnant of a pink sticky-outy skirt or glitter. :) 

I think its amazing how well the delicate fairy wings survived all that time floating around in formaldehyde   :) 

- but really, without the wings attacked like that  and so obvious like 'fairy wings'  ..... it would look like just another little alien     :D  

and it had to be in Mexico, or Russia .... or Bosnia  somewhere ;) 

On 7/26/2016 at 8:22 AM, Hammerclaw said:

At that stage of decomposition, it's hard to tell what it's orientation was.

... except for the wings not much decomposition there !  

21 minutes ago, back to earth said:

... except for the wings not much decomposition there !  

True and fairly obvious.