Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this a Fairy?

OverSword

Just to be clear I'm not saying this is a fairy okay.  I'm putting this here to entertain you so try to keep your hostility and condescension to a minimum. You know who you are.

Click the link for two videos and pictures

• Like 8

I'm plumping for this being a hoax. Why? because no one thought to take photos of it when it was freshly dead(the boy who found it said it looked as if it had only just died when he found it), and because they claimed samples from it had to be taken across the border to be analysed (why?!), and the samples were confiscated and destroyed at the border ...... again, why?! Inexplicably, the remaining parts of the fairy were left in formaldehyde for two years ..... which ended the possibility of DNA testing on them. Plus, and most importantly, there isn't the tiniest remnant of a pink sticky-outy skirt or glitter. :) 

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Just to be clear I'm not saying this is a fairy okay.  I'm putting this here to entertain you so try to keep your hostility and condescension to a minimum. You know who you are.

Click the link for two videos and pictures

It is an example of rogue taxidermy - grafting dead animal parts together to make a bizarre final product. Similar to P.T. Barnum's "Feejee Mermaid" or the artwork of Takeshi Yamada.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 4

looks more like a demon, with that stinger and all.  fairies have two sets of wings.

• Like 2

Never watched the video but the site doesn't say much about it, just some Revelations mumbo-jumbo and trying to sell some book.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Never watched the video but the site doesn't say much about it, just some Revelations mumbo-jumbo and trying to sell some book.

Maybe you should try watching on of the videos then (I watched the first one) that didn't speculate about revelations or try to sell anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I'm plumping for this being a hoax. Why? because no one thought to take photos of it when it was freshly dead(the boy who found it said it looked as if it had only just died when he found it), and because they claimed samples from it had to be taken across the border to be analysed (why?!), and the samples were confiscated and destroyed at the border ...... again, why?! Inexplicably, the remaining parts of the fairy were left in formaldehyde for two years ..... which ended the possibility of DNA testing on them. Plus, and most importantly, there isn't the tiniest remnant of a pink sticky-outy skirt or glitter. :) 

Actually, at work I have gotten pretty decent  DNA  from specimens that have been fixed in formaldehyde for long periods of time.  Shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Fat Cat
  • Like 4

I doubt this is a fairy(not clicked the link.), But I was in Manchester yesterday and today, so unless this creature was called Callum, Ste, Mikey or Joe and wore high heels, then no, it's definitely NOT a fairy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fat Cat said:

Actually, at work I have gotten pretty decent  DNA  from specimens that have been fixed in formaldehyde for long periods of time.  Shouldn't be a problem.

I'm just quoting what the guy in the video link said. In that context, what you say is interesting as it suggests it was not a valid reason.

Pretending that this isn't a hoax, I find it interesting that it comes from the area of Mexico city.  There a lot of pretty cool UFO videos from that area.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Podo said:

This can't possibly be anything but a hoax.

Really? :lol:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Pretending that this isn't a hoax,  , I find it interesting that it comes from the area of Mexico city.

Ooooo, a game. I like pretendies. 

Can we do what they are doing with the  Pokemon and do a  find the fairy? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Ooooo, a game. I like pretendies. 

Can we do what they are doing with the  Pokemon and do a  find the fairy? 

I still won't play it. 

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I still won't play it. 

What will you  not play, the Pokemon or our new game - find the fairy?

I thought this particular one had been shown to be faked? Hasn't this been around for a couple years now?

It looks almost exactly like the Derbyshire Mummified Fairy. The dead fairy hoax was an April Fools joke from 2007. Or maybe the Mexico fairy, from 2011, I'm pretty sure that one was proven a hoax.

But something I find interesting in threads about wee folks is how they almost always involve tiny humanoids with wings, leprechauns, and gnomes with an occasional mermaid thrown in. But in the lore, wee folks come in a huge variety of sizes, shapes, and forms.

15 hours ago, freetoroam said:

What will you  not play, the Pokemon or our new game - find the fairy?

In my neighborhood you don't have to try to find faeries they're everywhere you go.

• Like 1

Talking about fairies. I have a serious bug question if anyone knows. When I was a kid I saw several flying bugs the size of a small fly. It looked like a white powder puff with almost invisible wings and had two black eyes, they were very cute. I haven't seen any for 6 years after moving to new town. I never figured out what they were to this day. My grandparents told me they were called garden fairies. Any one ever seen something like this? In flight they looked like they floated like a dandelion in the wind. If you had them in hand the powder white was like catching a moth and rubbed off on you. 

On subject sort of, since old people in town called them fairies.

3 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

Talking about fairies. I have a serious bug question if anyone knows. When I was a kid I saw several flying bugs the size of a small fly. It looked like a white powder puff with almost invisible wings and had two black eyes, they were very cute. I haven't seen any for 6 years after moving to new town. I never figured out what they were to this day. My grandparents told me they were called garden fairies. Any one ever seen something like this? In flight they looked like they floated like a dandelion in the wind. If you had them in hand the powder white was like catching a moth and rubbed off on you. 

On subject sort of, since old people in town called them fairies.

Woolly Aphids.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rashore said:

Woolly Aphids.

Another fairy mystery solved LOL  Thanks

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

They are so cute although I saw some with so much fluff, you could only see eyes and antenna. Thanks for the picture :) I know there were sugar maples where I lived before but not here, so that's why I haven't seen them for a while.