Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phonies and Frauds

Claire.

'Phonies and frauds': Right-wing radio host Laura Ingraham blasts Washington elite and media in RNC speech

A conservative talk radio host brought the Republican National Convention to its feet – and earned the week's loudest and longest sustained applause – by chastising the hundreds of reporters gathered in Cleveland to hear a night of speeches.GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump has made press-bashing a regular feature of his campaign rallies, but Laura Ingraham's clobbering was the week's first sign of conservatives' open warfare' against media bias. She yelled at journalists for failing to uncover corruption in the Obama administration, saying part of Trump's rise can be traced back to his willingness to say what their editors won't print.

Source: Daily Mail

• Like 2

Is this the same one that almost gave the Heil Hitler salute?

EDIT....Yep, same lady:

ingraham21n-1-web.jpg

LOL, gotta love politics.

Edited by supervike

1 minute ago, supervike said:

You mean the Göring salute first, then got scared, did the Adolf salute and then started waving?

• Like 1

well, in this case we also have the video:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Wow she really does do the salute! For all of 0.3 sec. Yeah, I can see the deliberate pledge to Hitler and the Nazis. Plain as day.

All this says to me is the Repubs must be squeaky clean if this is what the opposition tries to stick on the wall.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 6

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Wow she really does do the salute! For all of 0.3 sec. Yeah, I can see the deliberate reference to Hitler and the Nazi's. Plain as day.

All this says to me is the Repubs must be squeaky clean if this is the what the opposition tries to stick on the wall.

Whether deliberate or not was certainly not the theme. But I surely would not blame anybody for questioning what Summer camps she attends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Whether deliberate or not was certainly not the theme. But I surely would not blame anybody for questioning what Summer camps she attends.

I don't know her, but she seems Aryan enough to me

Well, in full disclosure I don't think Laura Ingram is a Nazi, or has any love for Nazi ideology, let alone their goofy salutes.

However, I do find the whole thing hilariously ironic.  She's blasting the same media that she herself takes part in.   She does the same thing that she rails against.

Also, it's why I included the GOTTA LOVE POLITICS part at the end.  It's all a big joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, questionmark said:

Quite possibly the most awkward recovery ever seen.

• Like 1

Thank you for the laughs for those of you throwing out the rubbish videos and photos of her giving the Nazi Salute. It's been a long, long time since I've seen something so ridulous. I listen to Laura's show 3-4 days a week, and to even suggest she is trying to give some sort of Nazi symbol is so ridiculous. I can't believe I'm even humoring you all but...She is Polish, which she stated in that very speech, and the Polish didn't get treated too well by Germany in WW2. Her children are adopted and I think mostly from South America, she is very very private when it comes to them, wants to protect them from the media so I can't be positive but I know at least one is Spanish nationality. I have never once, ever, ever heard her make a racist remark on her show. She genuinely loves America, and just wants to see someone who loves America be the face of it. Is Trump perfect? No. But she is pragmatic enough to understand that he at least loves America, not something we can be so certain about with Mrs. Clinton. 

Edited by Rinna
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

Her children are adopted and I think mostly from South America. 

At least one is from Russia. Russians aren't big fans of Nazis, either.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, questionmark said:

Nope, that's just pointing.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, questionmark said:

Looks to me like she was avoiding the microphone. 

But you go ahead and see what you like.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Yamato said:

Nope, that's just pointing.

Just look again at 0.03. It's definitely pointing later though. Personally, I think she went to wave, avoiding the mic as Diechecker says, then realized how it looked and tried to change it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rinna said:

Thank you for the laughs for those of you throwing out the rubbish videos and photos of her giving the Nazi Salute. It's been a long, long time since I've seen something so ridulous. I listen to Laura's show 3-4 days a week, and to even suggest she is trying to give some sort of Nazi symbol is so ridiculous. I can't believe I'm even humoring you all but...She is Polish, which she stated in that very speech, and the Polish didn't get treated too well by Germany in WW2. Her children are adopted and I think mostly from South America, she is very very private when it comes to them, wants to protect them from the media so I can't be positive but I know at least one is Spanish nationality. I have never once, ever, ever heard her make a racist remark on her show. She genuinely loves America, and just wants to see someone who loves America be the face of it. Is Trump perfect? No. But she is pragmatic enough to understand that he at least loves America, not something we can be so certain about with Mrs. Clinton. 

I think  people are just having fun with this.  While I certainly don't speak for any of the other posters, I don't think anyone really thinks she has Nazi sympathies.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

At least one is from Russia. Russians aren't big fans of Nazis, either.

NO?

Russian+Neo-Nazis+-+Blog+April+28,+2014.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, questionmark said:

She was pointing.   I can't believe this is even being discussed.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Clair said:

'Phonies and frauds': Right-wing radio host Laura Ingraham blasts Washington elite and media in RNC speech

A conservative talk radio host brought the Republican National Convention to its feet – and earned the week's loudest and longest sustained applause – by chastising the hundreds of reporters gathered in Cleveland to hear a night of speeches.GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump has made press-bashing a regular feature of his campaign rallies, but Laura Ingraham's clobbering was the week's first sign of conservatives' open warfare' against media bias. She yelled at journalists for failing to uncover corruption in the Obama administration, saying part of Trump's rise can be traced back to his willingness to say what their editors won't print.

Source: Daily Mail

Where was their "open warfare against media bias" when Ronnie was President, or Bush Sr and Bush Jr?

How much corruption did journalists uncover during their presidencies?

People are entitled to be partisan in their political beliefs, but telling half a truth is no better than outright lying.

22 hours ago, supervike said:

EDIT....Yep, same lady:

ingraham21n-1-web.jpg

LOL, gotta love politics.

Which wasn't almost a heil hitler salute.  I figured this would be used against her, because, you know, liberals and their non-issues and all that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Which wasn't almost a heil hitler salute.  I figured this would be used against her, because, you know, liberals and their non-issues and all that.

Did you figure it would be used against her, because you also thought it looked like a Nazi salute?

I do enjoy how defensive some people get about a lighthearted bit of 'news'. Seriously, if you can't laugh at your politicians and public figures, you really are doomed.

Trust me on this, we have Boris Johnson for Foreign Secretary....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supervike said:

Did you figure it would be used against her, because you also thought it looked like a Nazi salute?

NO.  I knew it would be used against her once I saw it brought up AS a Nazi salute.  I didn't see anything of the like when I watched it the first time.  It doesn't surprise me, though.  These are the same people that trashed Pence for eating at Chili's with his family, after all.

• Like 5

Just now, Setton said:

I do enjoy how defensive some people get about a lighthearted bit of 'news'. Seriously, if you can't laugh at your politicians and public figures, you really are doomed.

Right, "light-hearted".....Here that sound?  It's a truck backing up somewhere.

Just now, Setton said:

Trust me on this, we have Boris Johnson for Foreign Secretary....

I don't care.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supervike said:

I think  people are just having fun with this.  While I certainly don't speak for any of the other posters, I don't think anyone really thinks she has Nazi sympathies.  

Supervike..you have been on this website long enough to know that some people are behind reason. So honestly, I wouldn't put it past certain folks around here to try to assert some dishonest facts about her. 

Edited by Rinna
  • Like 1