Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolves, Vampires, etc

AngelinaG

4 hours ago, LuisBerry said:

I'd like to.be a vampire if.they really fly and are immortal etc...who wouldn't wanna be? Can you ask your vampire friends to turn me? I wouldn't mind it.

I've always believed there were other dimensions, and maybe these beings are either demonic, fictitious,  or something else. Send the vamps over please.

Fictitious describes them well. 

• Like 2

Um...this website is called Unexplained Mysteries isn't it? I'm obviously not entirely serious.  I still am curious to know more about Angelina's experiences though so lighten up for once. I understand the objective approach, but this is literally skeptics.com in every thread. I've said it before, why not challenge in a debate thread if your intent is to constantly challenge and ridicule belief systems that differ from yours in every other topic? 

I hope she hasn't gone away for good, Id still like to read what she has to say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuisBerry said:

I've said it before, why not challenge in a debate thread if your intent is to constantly challenge and ridicule belief systems that differ from yours in every other topic?

You can obviously see where we're all coming from. So many claims, no or little evidence provided, nothing solid.

I used to be more open minded, reading 'believer' arguments has closed my mind to so many things. Many others here are the same, they started believing something, but the more they read and participate in this kind of thread, the more unlikely they find it to be.

But yes welcome to UM, it's not a bad place!

4 hours ago, LuisBerry said:

Um...this website is called Unexplained Mysteries isn't it? I'm obviously not entirely serious.  I still am curious to know more about Angelina's experiences though so lighten up for once. I understand the objective approach, but this is literally skeptics.com in every thread. I've said it before, why not challenge in a debate thread if your intent is to constantly challenge and ridicule belief systems that differ from yours in every other topic? 

I hope she hasn't gone away for good, Id still like to read what she has to say.

I really depends on if someone is posting about an experience, or a belief, or just a story. The first post came across like fan-fiction, and so was treated like it was just a story made up to get attention online. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LuisBerry said:

Unexplained does not mean "gullible" nor any other similar adjective. It means we look critically at things that have no proven explanation and apply our own intelligence and learning to them.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LuisBerry said:

...why not challenge in a debate thread...

That's what goes on there.  It breaks down when the claimers either refuse to "debate", getting angry at being questioned.  If someone wants to post a story, then good for them.  If someone posts an experience, claiming they want help with it, that's even better.  If someone posts something that they claim happened to them, then refuses to be open-minded about what may or may not have actually happened, then that is their problem, and not ours.  If someone posts something that they claim happened, goes on the attack when someone tries to explain what may have actually happened, has other posters make accounts/or makes multiple accounts just to come in here and pretend to support their claim, and only engages with those that only agrees with their tripe--they get what they deserve.

Most posters like that are just drive-by posters.  They post something just to get attention, then move on to another site and post the same thing.  She obviously wasn't interested in debating her claims, so maybe she took her ball and went home.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

On 22/07/2016 at 0:03 AM, AngelinaG said:

We are also best friends and since then he has been telling me all about how he was one since birth and everything/everyone he has had to kill to protect the other members of his pack.

"Everyone he has had to kill".......Your 'best friend' tells you this and you believe him?  I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but how anyone can be taken in by this is beyond me.

Rule 3m. Role-playing: Do not use the forum to 'role-play' as a fictitious character or entity.

Thread Closed.

Edited by Still Waters
Clarity
  • Like 4

• The topic was locked