Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed US base

aztek

33 minutes ago, and then said:

That's how I remember it as well.  Assad was basically down for the count until uncle Rooty Poot decided to take advantage of an empty suit US president.  Now the blood will never stop flowing until the US completely leaves the area.

All is good

why on earth

assad's stood

Anyway, putting Poot, Put In, Roots aside, what we are talking 'bout?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

Anyway, putting Poot, Put In, Roots aside, what we are talking 'bout?

Awww, that's it!  Rootin Tootin Uncle Putin. lol

30 minutes ago, Stardrive said:

Awww, that's it!  Rootin Tootin Uncle Putin. lol

Yeah, lough that up... You'll see some funny guy with funny mustaches...

Just wait. Seriously, are lefties that blind?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

That's how I remember it as well.  Assad was basically down for the count until uncle Rooty Poot decided to take advantage of an empty suit US president.  Now the blood will never stop flowing until the US completely leaves the area.

Assad was basically down for the count because the Islamist rebels kept multiplying, crossing Turkey's borders without any hindrance.

What it amounts to is a war of attrition on a secular regime, sponsored by the U.S. and it's regional allies.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Assad was basically down for the count because the Islamist rebels kept multiplying, crossing Turkey's borders without any hindrance.

What it amounts to is a war of attrition on a secular regime, sponsored by the U.S. and it's regional allies.

So if/when Russian power manages to crush those entities you expect the aftermath for the people of Syria to differ, how, exactly?  Regardless how it began or expanded it devolved into and will continue to be a Sunni Shia brawl. If my government helped to initiate or perpetuate it then we have blood on our hands.  OTOH I think we'd have had less bloody hands had we used air power to crush Assad's air assets and infrastructure early on and caused him to more quickly come to terms with his people who wanted to be rid of him.  Lest we forget, Obama's little uplifting speech in Cairo is what set ALL of this into motion.  I get the impression that some here would find a way to point the finger at the US if Putin invaded the Baltic nations.

1 hour ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

[..,]

I'll use Russian tactics: prove it. 

• Like 1

On 2016-07-27 at 8:16 PM, bmk1245 said:

I'll use Russian tactics: prove it. 

Don't let your hatred of the Ruskies blind you from the truth.

Half of the jihadists fighting in Syria are foreigners. Which border do you think they crossed?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/turkey-paid-high-price-turning-8313193

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Don't let your hatred of the Ruskies blind you from the truth.

Half of the jihadists fighting in Syria are foreigners. Which border do you think they crossed?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/turkey-paid-high-price-turning-8313193

Which border do you think Russian citizens (few thousands of them in Syria fighting for ISIS) crossed first, huh?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Which border do you think Russian citizens (few thousands of them in Syria fighting for ISIS) crossed first, huh?

It's not about some Russian citizens joining ISIS. Because these fanatics come from all over the fu***** world. It's about who's facilitating the jihadists/Islamists and who's really fighting them on the ground and hit them where it hurts. Like it or not, supporting Assad's troops (the only true moderates who respond to a real chain of command) is the most pragmatic and logical thing to do. We don't have the luxury to push for regime change (and what the heck, it's a secular regime!!) but the focus should be entirely on crushing ISIS and the likes. Whatever it takes, including working with Vlad Putin.

Does your typical jihadist dance to Western musics (Usher)?

No but the Syrian Army does and they are fighting for their country:

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

The US president thinksteh Muslim Brotherhood is the answer to peace between  the west and Islam.  Hillary Clinton agrees  'nuff said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

The US president thinksteh Muslim Brotherhood is the answer to peace between  the west and Islam.  Hillary Clinton agrees  'nuff said.

I wonder exactly how catastrophic an Islamic fundy attack on this nation will be required before someone decides to at least TRY to formulate a plan to strike at those who are intent on ending us?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

It's not about some Russian citizens joining ISIS. Because these fanatics come from all over the fu***** world. It's about who's facilitating the jihadists/Islamists and who's really fighting them on the ground and hit them where it hurts.

[...]

Like, when jihadists/islamists travel to Syria with the help of FSB?

8 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

[...]

Does your typical jihadist dance to Western musics (Usher)?

No but the Syrian Army does and they are fighting for their country:

Well, islamic extremists (Hamas, Hezbollah, and other shiite factions) who are fighting alongside with Assad's forces, are "singing" quite different tunes... Remember words “If Jews all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.”?

BTW, where do you place Kurds, who were the one of the first to stand against Assad?

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Well, islamic extremists (Hamas, Hezbollah, and other shiite factions) who are fighting alongside with Assad's forces, are "singing" quite different tunes... Remember words “If Jews all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.”?

Hamas? They are a Palestinian Sunni-Islamic organization operating in the Gaza strip, not Syria.

As for Hezbollah, the only reason they are fighting in Syria is to prevent the Assad regime from crumbling and the war spilling over to Lebanon. If the West had helped Assad instead of financing and arming various rebel groups, they wouldn't have needed to be part of it.

10 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

BTW, where do you place Kurds, who were the one of the first to stand against Assad?

I think Rojava should be recognized as an autonomous region in Syria, much like the Kurdistan in Iraq. Anyway, the Syrian regime no longer has any presence there ever since it withdrew it's troops back in 2013. The problem is that Turkey probably will oppose that by all means.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

14 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Hamas? They are a Palestinian Sunni-Islamic organization operating in the West Bank, not Syria.

As for Hezbollah, the only reason they are fighting in Syria is to prevent the Assad regime from crumbling and the war spilling over to Lebanon. If the West had helped Assad instead of financing and arming various rebel groups, they wouldn't have needed to be part of it.

I think Rojava should be recognized as an autonomous region in Syria, much like the Kurdistan in Iraq. Anyway, the Syrian regime no longer has any presence there ever since it withdrew it's troops back in 2013. The problem is that Turkey probably will oppose that by all means.

If Hezbollah's intent was to avoid the civil war "spilling over to Lebanon", then they have gone about it in a VERY strange way. Their movement of troops into Syria in defence of the Assad regime has increased the probability of a backlash against Lebanon, not reduced it ! (indeed, this has already come to fruition, with rocket and artillary attacks against some areas within Lebanon).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah_involvement_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

If Hezbollah's intent was to avoid the civil war "spilling over to Lebanon", then they have gone about it in a VERY strange way. Their movement of troops into Syria in defence of the Assad regime has increased the probability of a backlash against Lebanon, not reduced it ! (indeed, this has already come to fruition, with rocket and artillary attacks against some areas within Lebanon).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah_involvement_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

I think they see helping Assad as vital to secure the Lebanese-Syrian border. Should the regime collapse, sunni jihadists will soon be beating at the door to invade. Also, they've got the backing of Tehran which really is the sponsor of their activities.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

On 7/27/2016 at 11:14 PM, TruthSeeker_ said:

underlined above ---

that is what I find so mind numbing stupid - to help  destabilize and destroy a (nother) secular regime and literally
try and hand it over to Islamists - 

and THEN indulge in hand wringing when millions of displaced people move into Europe -

you could not have made up this kind of Stupid, before it started to unfold - it would have seemed too far fetched -

If Russia hadn't stepped in to help the legitimate Syrian government and Army it's any one's guess what would
be going on in Syria now - but my guess is that the Islamic State would have secured a huge permanent base / territory -
and would be very hard to shift - Russian security would, like all other non muslim countries, be threatened by the
existence of an Islamic State with ever increasing sophisticated weapons -

If the US and allies don't stop causing mayhem in the region the Islamic State could occupy permanent and growing
territory somewhere down the line --- 

Is this what America's foreign policy actually is..? ...to help create an Islamic State armed to the teeth with weapons
sold to them by the  US arms industry - and going via Saudi Arabia and Qatar --?---for all the world it looks like that
as the intervention goes on - America's obsession with Russia as the number one enemy threatens World Peace
(such as it is) and puts the security and secular future of Europe at risk -   

IT.....BEGGARS.......BELIEF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

underlined above ---

that is what I find so mind numbing stupid - to help  destabilize and destroy a (nother) secular regime and literally
try and hand it over to Islamists - 

and THEN indulge in hand wringing when millions of displaced people move into Europe -

you could not have made up this kind of Stupid, before it started to unfold - it would have seemed too far fetched -

If Russia hadn't stepped in to help the legitimate Syrian government and Army it's any one's guess what would
be going on in Syria now - but my guess is that the Islamic State would have secured a huge permanent base / territory -
and would be very hard to shift - Russian security would, like all other non muslim countries, be threatened by the
existence of an Islamic State with ever increasing sophisticated weapons -

If the US and allies don't stop causing mayhem in the region the Islamic State could occupy permanent and growing
territory somewhere down the line --- 

Is this what America's foreign policy actually is..? ...to help create an Islamic State armed to the teeth with weapons
sold to them by the  US arms industry - and going via Saudi Arabia and Qatar --?---for all the world it looks like that
as the intervention goes on - America's obsession with Russia as the number one enemy threatens World Peace
(such as it is) and puts the security and secular future of Europe at risk -   

IT.....BEGGARS.......BELIEF

I normally get annoyed when my country gets blamed for all the world's ills, bee.  The truth as they say, hurts at times though.  I have to agree with every point you've made here.  I cannot for the life of me understand what the HELL my president is doing or why.  The man has been an enigma since day one and I thank God he is soon to be collecting speaking fees instead of drone kills.  At first most Americans were willing to buy in and give him a chance to prove the hype that swept him into office.  Then he began making one bold blunder after another and soon enough it was apparent that if a person WANTED to destroy every alliance and strengthen every enemy of America they could have done no better than he has.  And the person most likely to replace him said of Gaddafi - "we came, we saw, he died" ....  this of the only truly reform minded (toward terror sponsoring) leader in the M.E.  and we find memos later where her aide was already planning to profit from Libyan reconstruction contracts FGS!  As ridiculous as Trump appears, MAYBE he'd at least leave the rest of the world alone and try to fix what's wrong here at home.  I agree, it all just beggars belief.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, and then said:

I normally get annoyed when my country gets blamed for all the world's ills, bee.  The truth as they say, hurts at times though.  I have to agree with every point you've made here.  I cannot for the life of me understand what the HELL my president is doing or why.  The man has been an enigma since day one and I thank God he is soon to be collecting speaking fees instead of drone kills.  At first most Americans were willing to buy in and give him a chance to prove the hype that swept him into office.  Then he began making one bold blunder after another and soon enough it was apparent that if a person WANTED to destroy every alliance and strengthen every enemy of America they could have done no better than he has.  And the person most likely to replace him said of Gaddafi - "we came, we saw, he died" ....  this of the only truly reform minded (toward terror sponsoring) leader in the M.E.  and we find memos later where her aide was already planning to profit from Libyan reconstruction contracts FGS!  As ridiculous as Trump appears, MAYBE he'd at least leave the rest of the world alone and try to fix what's wrong here at home.  I agree, it all just beggars belief.

It gives me no pleasure to criticize your government - or my own when 'we' also aid the Islamic State by arming the so called moderate rebels and carry on insisting that the secular Assad regime must go ---- 

Very good points about Libya - THAT was another totally mind boggling act of stupidity and cruelty that both the US and UK (and France et al) are responsible for - it drives me nuts that millions of lives are destroyed for worse than nothing ---- for the Islamists to gain power --- !!!

What other conclusion can we come to when we see what's happening...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

I think you pretty much nailed it with this post.  Let's not forget that the De-facto president, Valerie Jarrett, http://blackquillandink.com/?page_id=8393

• Like 1

Valerie Jarrett is the "de-facto" president ? That seems a bit extreme ?  She's just a 'special advisor' (one of three).

Right... and "Larry" is the de-facto Prime Minister of the UK.

Meet Larry.

good-news-for-larry-fans-cabinet-office-

(He revels in the title of "Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office". But I guess we could call him the "Special Admouser" ? Apparantly he is politically aligned with the American "Common Purrrpose" movement.)

Edited by RoofGardener

On 30 July 2016 at 3:23 PM, and then said:

I wonder exactly how catastrophic an Islamic fundy attack on this nation will be required before someone decides to at least TRY to formulate a plan to strike at those who are intent on ending us?  

Well, September the 11th certainly didn't manage it.

maybe something that kills a Kardashian? Maybe then the average American will wake up and see how much we in the West are hated by some.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Valerie Jarrett is the "de-facto" president ? That seems a bit extreme ?  She's just a 'special advisor' (one of three).

Right... and "Larry" is the de-facto Prime Minister of the UK.

Meet Larry.

good-news-for-larry-fans-cabinet-office-

(He revels in the title of "Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office". But I guess we could call him the "Special Admouser" ? Apparantly he is politically aligned with the American "Common Purrrpose" movement.)

Your ignorance about who Valerie Jarret is and what  her role is with the Obamas shows your ignorance.   That you are arrogant enough to post inanities like this one without doing even the slightest bit of research shows you aren't very bright.  Poor you.    

On 7/30/2016 at 10:08 PM, TruthSeeker_ said:

Hamas? They are a Palestinian Sunni-Islamic organization operating in the Gaza strip, not Syria.

[...]

Yeah, they are sunnies, but they suredly liked Syrian and Iranian cover for their own anti-Israel agenda before bedlam, and majority came into the help of the "rebels" (I'm still not sure what faction they do favour), while some Hamass leaders were supporting Assad, and (as far as I remember reading while back) some of Hamas militia came into the help of Assad's forces.

[...]

[...]

Heh, helping Assad, means helping Hezbollah, Hamas... I'm still not sure how you see those two entities... Moderate muslims?

[...]

What first thing do you think Assad (alawite) would do after a win? Wipe out any opposing force (Kurds are quite a FORCE, I mean that) to secure his throne. Who are Kurds (by large)? Sunnies. See where I pointing out? 

Edited by bmk1245

On 25/07/2016 at 6:53 PM, Farmer77 said:

Yes it is like Vietnam all over again. A proxy war being fought for no real valid reason

I slightly disagree. The US, and it's allies, have reasons for wanting to topple various regimes in the ME and North Africa - and that those reasons are not valid to you does not make them "not really valid".

It might be true to say those reasons are "inhumane", considering they revolve around placing more importance on money than people, but to the people who appear to be collaborating and inciting these wars I expect the lives of a few thousand, or even a few hundred thousand, "little people" - especially considering the vast majority of them are "just foreigners" - are of no consequence.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

I slightly disagree. The US, and it's allies, have reasons for wanting to topple various regimes in the ME and North Africa - and that those reasons are not valid to you does not make them "not really valid".

[...]

:nw:

No sarcasm here.

• Like 1