Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remember how Melania plagiarised Michelle

OverSword

This video demonstrates that all politicians have the same speech writer and that writer also writes for movies and television series

If this doesn't PROVE that you can't believe anything any politician says then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 8

... finally ... took them long enough to come clean on it all ... the 'West Wing' series was one of the pivotal moments in history when they started testing the waters out in the open under the guise of 'entertainment' ~

Edited by third_eye
after thought
  • Like 1

:(

I guess I'm so shocked that people thought these Politicians were really out there writing their own speeches. 

• Like 3

I don't get the reason for this thread? :unsure:

What politician, or politician's spouse or relative, has claimed they wrote their own speech?

• Like 1

Hours before giving a speech at the Republican National Convention that has drawn charges of plagiarism, Melania Trump told TODAY she penned the address herself with very little help.

"I read it once over, and that's all because I wrote it with as little help as possible,'' she told TODAY's Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview on Monday.

http://www.today.com/news/melania-trump-convention-speech-i-wrote-it-little-help-possible-t100942

It isn't hard to find.  It's been reported in dozens of places.

I'm more along Supervike's notion that anyone would be actually believe the claim.  That they actually make the claim is almost a given.

Melania Trump is a conventionally pretty woman who made a conventionally pretty speech. Criticism of it mainly tells us that the critics are desperate for something to say.

• Like 3

I'm surprised no one's plagiarized "Ich bin ein Berliner". It was such a great line (not). But yeah, we all know about the shortage of truly great and original speechwriters out there, as the lack of them has become blatantly obvious. Most of the really good ones are either dead or circling the drain.

12 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

It isn't hard to find.  It's been reported in dozens of places.

I'm more along Supervike's notion that anyone would be actually believe the claim.  That they actually make the claim is almost a given.

That's not exactly the point I was trying to make, Aquatus.

I know Melania Trump claimed she wrote her own speech, and this thread is obviously offering an apology for her plagiarising Michelle Obama in that speech by way of noting that speechwriters write speeches for politicians, and one speechwriter might work for several politicians - often across Party lines.

What I am interested in, is why this excuses Melania Trump?

What politicians have claimed to write their own speeches?

If they don't write their own speech - and don't claim to write their own speeches - then any plagiarism involved is not theirs, but the speechwriter's.

Now, we can all assume Melania Trump didn't actually write her speech, in which case she personally did not plagiarise Michelle Obama - but she did publicly claim she did write the speech (albeit "with as little help as possible")?

And if none of this matters, then why are people trying so hard to find an excuse for her?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

That's not exactly the point I was trying to make, Aquatus.

I know Melania Trump claimed she wrote her own speech, and this thread is obviously offering an apology for her plagiarising Michelle Obama in that speech by way of noting that speechwriters write speeches for politicians, and one speechwriter might work for several politicians - often across Party lines.

What I am interested in, is why this excuses Melania Trump?

What politicians have claimed to write their own speeches?

If they don't write their own speech - and don't claim to write their own speeches - then any plagiarism involved is not theirs, but the speechwriter's.

Now, we can all assume Melania Trump didn't actually write her speech, in which case she personally did not plagiarise Michelle Obama - but she did publicly claim she did write the speech (albeit "with as little help as possible")?

And if none of this matters, then why are people trying so hard to find an excuse for her?

Oh please show me how in any sense I was trying to excuse anyone for anything.  You are aware are you not that most people believe whatever the TV tells them to believe.  The point in posting this video is to help some of those people think.  You may not need the help but I speak with people everyday that are severely handicapped in this respect.

• Like 1

Oh, that's easy.

The people trying to find excuses for her genuinely believe that other people believe she wrote her own speech.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Oh please show me how in any sense I was trying to excuse anyone for anything.  You are aware are you not that most people believe whatever the TV tells them to believe.  The point in posting this video is to help some of those people think.  You may not need the help but I speak with people everyday that are severely handicapped in this respect.

Then forgive me, OS, but you confused me with the title of the thread. If your intention was to show that politicians don't use their own words when they make speeches, and so shouldn't be trusted, then why mention Melania Trump's plagiarism of Michelle Obama in the thread title?

It might just be an innocent mistake on your part to conflate the two separate subjects, but it has confused me as to what point you are trying to make in this thread.

Besides that, the fact that Ms. Trump has used some previously used formulations is not the real theme here, the real theme is that she used verbatim the "enemies" formulations. Or the people they are demonizing at every turn they do.

5 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

Oh, that's easy.

The people trying to find excuses for her genuinely believe that other people believe she wrote her own speech.

Are you confusing "other people" with me, Aquatus?

And are you sure of your claim, and that is indeed the reason people are trying to find excuses for her?

Because surely then, those trying to excuse her are also overlooking her lying about writing the speech, and her shirking taking responsibility afterwards - even though she previously claimed she wrote the speech - and instead allowing "just one of the workers" to take the fall.

3 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

If your intention was to show that politicians don't use their own words when they make speeches, and so shouldn't be trusted, then why mention Melania Trump's plagiarism of Michelle Obama in the thread title?

I mentioned it because it's the latest thing that will be on everyone's mind for this subject and it's highlighted the best in this video.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

I don't get the reason for this thread? :unsure:

What politician, or politician's spouse or relative, has claimed they wrote their own speech?

I pretty sure that Lincoln claims to have written the Gettysburg Address himself.

• Like 1

Well, no one plagiarized Michelle Obama. They plagiarized Michelle Obama's speechwriter(s).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, socrates.junior said:

Well, no one plagiarized Michelle Obama. They plagiarized Michelle Obama's speechwriter(s).

It doesn't matter who was plagiarized. If she wants to be taken seriously, which obviously she does...then she shouldn't have bragged that she wrote her own speech "with very little help" and "from the heart" when there was someone else cribbing it off of the First Lady. 

Not the brightest move in the world. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, socrates.junior said:

More likely both were written by the same person. 

• Like 2

Melania Trump is not running for President. She could not become President even if she wanted to (do you know why). So, this is really all 'much ado over nothing' to the max.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Melania Trump is not running for President. She could not become President even if she wanted to (do you know why). So, this is really all 'much ado over nothing' to the max.

And the other side makes a mountain out of what someone's husband's brother-in-law is doing. 

She was making an endorsement speech about her own husband. You'd think she wouldn't need any help with that. 

Edited by ChaosRose

20 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It doesn't matter who was plagiarized. If she wants to be taken seriously, which obviously she does...then she shouldn't have bragged that she wrote her own speech "with very little help" and "from the heart" when there was someone else cribbing it off of the First Lady. 

Not the brightest move in the world. 

If you want to be taken seriously, you shouldn't misquote what you characterize as Melania Trump's bragging. She said she wrote is with "as little help as possible".

EDIT: If that's the case, then Michelle Obama shouldn't have needed any help, right?

Edited by socrates.junior
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

And the other side makes a mountain out of what someone's husband's brother-in-law is doing. 

She was making an endorsement speech about her own husband. You'd think she wouldn't need any help with that. 

Michelle Obama needed help too.   Or do you think she writes her own speeches?

I notice Obama on that video a few times using plagiarized material.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, socrates.junior said:

If you want to be taken seriously, you shouldn't misquote what you characterize as Melania Trump's bragging. She said she wrote is with "as little help as possible".

EDIT: If that's the case, then Michelle Obama shouldn't have needed any help, right?

Oh horse s***. You want to nitpick about words that mean the same thing. I don't care at all if you take me seriously. She was bragging about the speech and it backfired on her.

If Michelle got help writing the endorsement for her husband, which I'm not sure you have any proof of, at least it wasn't cribbed from someone else's speech. 

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Oh horse s***. You want to nitpick about words that mean the same thing. I don't care at all if you take me seriously. She was bragging about the speech and it backfired on her.

If Michelle got help writing the endorsement for her husband, which I'm not sure you have any proof of, at least it wasn't cribbed from someone else's speech. 

Isn't this whole thing nitpicking about words that mean the same thing? I guess its just as well you don't care that I don't take you seriously.

And really? You don't think there was a speechwriter for Michelle? Oh, sweet summer child, that's just a silly thing to say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/07/19/how-the-michelle-obama-team-wrote-the-2008-speech-that-melania-trump-echoed/

• Like 1