Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mindfulness Exercises under 1 minute each

rashore

I thought it would be nice to share some tips for quick mindfulness exercises. Not everyone has time all the time for meditation, but most people have moments they can take to be mindful, and center in.

I'm going to bullet point the list from a psycology today article I wandered across, and let folks read on as they will or not..

1. Two mindful bites.

2. What one breath feels like.

3. Take a mindful moment to give your brain a break instead of checking your email.

4. Air on exposed skin.

5. Scan your body.

6. Do one action mindfully.

The original article: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-practice/201302/6-mindfulness-exercises-each-take-less-1-minute

And I wanted to share this in the hopes that others will feel encouraged to chime in and speak up about things you do for mindfulness or meditation in under 1 minute each.

I'll kick off with a couple I do..

When I leave the house, I always pause at the bottom of my driveway and collect my thoughts for the drive ahead, thinking about it being a good drive.

If I have been sitting at my desk too long, I will get up and do one big ole body stretch, thinking of nothing but releasing during that stretch.

If I'm having a stressful day, I sometimes massage the pressure points in the center of my palms for a meditative moment of stress relief.

• Like 5