Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SEGA Fires Back at Classic Mini NES

GoldenWolf

Nintendo's Classic Mini: NES fired up imaginations when it was announced last week, and the same nostalgic fans who went crazy for that tiny machine will likely find themselves transported even more convincingly into the past when they learn that SEGA promptly followed up Nintendo's news with the announcement of their own miniature clone console.  

Shipping in October (at least in the U.K.) and containing a whopping 80 games, the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Classic Game Console looks exactly like a shot fired over Nintendo's bow, a reminder of the classic console wars during which the companies found themselves in a constant state of one-upmanship. Yet SEGA's upcoming creation will more likely serve as a contrast to better underscore the value and merit of Nintendo's retro device.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/begun-the-clone-wars-have-sega-fires-back-at-classic-mini-nes-with-a-mini-genesis

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wish they made a quality mini Sega Master System with all the games. :(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davros of skaro said:

I wish they made a quality mini Sega Master System with all the games. :(

I had one with "alex the kid" built in! That was proper gaming back then!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lucas Cooper Merrin said:

I had one with "alex the kid" built in! That was proper gaming back then!

I think all models had either that, or some game built in, but it required a special start up sequence via the controller?

It was a fun system, but the NES won out.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

is it wrong i still have 2 or 3 nes, 2 genesis, i think 2 sega master systems and 2 or 3 atari 2600 systems all with games hook ups and controllers.......

On 11/22/2016 at 4:27 PM, pokingjoker said:

is it wrong i still have 2 or 3 nes, 2 genesis, i think 2 sega master systems and 2 or 3 atari 2600 systems all with games hook ups and controllers.......

No. 

I wish SEGA would release a brand new games console.  I still miss my Game Gear, Megadrive & Dreamcast days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/07/2016 at 4:43 AM, Mystic Crusader said:

Nintendo's Classic Mini: NES fired up imaginations when it was announced last week, and the same nostalgic fans who went crazy for that tiny machine will likely find themselves transported even more convincingly into the past when they learn that SEGA promptly followed up Nintendo's news with the announcement of their own miniature clone console. 

After all the hype about the release of the Nes Classic, Nintendo have made a right pig's ear of distributing it to the retailers with the result that there's now no stock to be had and none expected before Christmas. When it first became available people were buying several at a time and now eBay is full of overpriced ones from sellers who are out to fleece people. I feel sorry for the young kids who wanted one for Christmas, it's not as bad for the older ones because they understand the problem better. There's another batch supposed to be available in some stores in January but by that time the holidays are over and kids will have been given something else instead. - Well done Nintendo!

I couldnt even preorder it here.
Because the first shipment was allready sold out.. I had to wait for them to arrive until I could preorder from the next shipment..

• 2 months later...