Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No. Miami Officers Put On Unpaid Leave

susieice

The North Miami officer that shot an unarmed therapist trying to protect his autistic patient has been put on unpaid leave. He is said to be 30 yrs old and Hispanic, a member of the force for 4 years. Another officer has also been put on unpaid leave for inconsistancies in his story. I sure hope Miami-Dade does right by the man injured in this. This is good news.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/22/officials-put-second-north-miami-police-officer-on-leave-for-conflicting-statements-about-shooting-of-unarmed-man/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.e4729f6b249b

• Like 3

Paid vacation for shooting a man seems to be the standard these days. This case is SO blatant though perhaps there will be movement beyond this token step. 

• Like 5

I saw the video of this and I don't see why that cop had to shoot.

• Like 4

apparently the officer didn't know why he shot either.

• Like 2

I tend to normally side with cops in these cases.

But after I watched this video there seems to be absolutely no excuse for shooting. It makes no sense 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, susieice said:

Why do I think we're going to see a lot more stuff like this?

http://www.copblock.org/163302/cop-kills-5-year-olds-dog-at-birthday-party/

I read that the other day, and it just makes me so angry.  I didn't post it, as I thought it was one of those 'trigger' posts the mods were talking about.

Cops like this do not deserve to wear the badge.

• Like 1

I just look at these links as something we should all be seeing. Not all police shootings are unjustified. An officer has a right to protect his own life and we need to wait until all the facts are presented before we make a decision about what really happened. However, some of these shootings are totally unjustified. There is no sane reason why they are taking place. 

• Like 3

On 7/23/2016 at 10:34 PM, susieice said:

I just look at these links as something we should all be seeing. Not all police shootings are unjustified. An officer has a right to protect his own life and we need to wait until all the facts are presented before we make a decision about what really happened. However, some of these shootings are totally unjustified. There is no sane reason why they are taking place. 

The problem with the above is we are trusting the shooter's employer, coworkers and friends to present the "facts".  That puts us civilians and the 'good' officers themselves in a bad spot and is one of the many changes to the system which needs to happen. 

On 7/23/2016 at 7:28 AM, Farmer77 said:

Paid vacation for shooting a man seems to be the standard these days. This case is SO blatant though perhaps there will be movement beyond this token step. 

Unpaid in these two cases.

• Like 1

sad thing is, most likely shooting will be found justifiable, the mental kid did not comply, so he was gonna get a bullet, even thou he was no threat to anyone, i'm sure they'll say officer acted in the way he was trained, the black guy will get some $$,  for being shot accidentally, if he was killed, they would  charge mental guy in his death. a have a strong feeling cop will be cleared, and he'll  get his backpay.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

sad thing is, most likely shooting will be found justifiable, the mental kid did not comply, so he was gonna get a bullet, even thou he was no threat to anyone, i'm sure they'll say officer acted in the way he was trained, the black guy will get some $$,  for being shot accidentally, if he was killed, they would  charge mental guy in his death. a have a strong feeling cop will be cleared, and he'll  get his backpay.

He's been officer of the month , twice, im pretty sure youre right about the outcome. 

13 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Unpaid in these two cases.

damn reading comprehension. MInor detail LOL sorry 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

damn reading comprehension. MInor detail LOL sorry 

When I get paid leave I call it vacation. Funny how other people get paid leave and call it punishment.

• Like 3

On 7/23/2016 at 8:24 PM, supervike said:

I didn't post it, as I thought it was one of those 'trigger' posts the mods were talking about.

Oh, sweet Jesus. Please tell me this garbage isn't infesting this site now.

On 7/23/2016 at 10:24 PM, supervike said:

Cops like this do not deserve to wear the badge.

It's unclear to me how he could have fired three shots, and missed so badly.  Does that make sense to anyone else here?

yea, and it did not look like it was more than 100 yards.  using a rifle with a scope. in my good days i could hit a tennis ball from 100 yards with iron sights, every time. 

Edited by aztek