Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Would Fund Super-PACs

questionmark

Donald Trump plans to create and fund super-PACs specifically aimed at ending the political careers of Ted Cruz and John Kasich should either run for office again, after both snubbed the Republican nominee during his party's convention this week, a person familiar with Trump’s thinking told Bloomberg Politics on Friday. 

The plan would involve Trump investing millions of his own money --perhaps $20 million or more -- in one or two outside groups about six months before their respective election days if Texas Senator Cruz or Ohio Governor Kasich stand for office again. The person said Trump is willing to set up two separate super-PACs – one for Cruz and one for Kasich – and put millions into each.  

Read more on Bloomberg

party unity? We don't need no party unity....

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

And I'm suppose to belive this because a person "familiar with trump's thinking " told a very left wing news source. 

This seems like a baseless rumor 

they should have showed.  they did sign a contract saying they would.

"a person familiar with Trump’s thinking told Bloomberg Politics on Friday. "

Even if this was Hillarys  supposed thinking I'd have to roll my eyes.

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

And I'm suppose to belive this because a person "familiar with trump's thinking " told a very left wing news source. 

This seems like a baseless rumor 

3 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

"a person familiar with Trump’s thinking told Bloomberg Politics on Friday. "

Even if this was Hillarys  supposed thinking I'd have to roll my eyes.

From the article...

During an event in Cleveland on Friday, Trump hinted at the prospect of funding an outside group against Cruz in the future.

“Maybe I’ll set up a super-PAC if he decides to run,” Trump said of Cruz.  Turning to his running mate Mike Pence he asked rhetorically, “Are you allowed to set up a super-PAC…if you are the president, to fight someone?”

It really pays to read the article linked in the OP before commenting on it.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

Plus if you want to follow rumors that can't be confirmed, it's said trump invited Kasich to be his VP. So I dout he hates him.

this HTML class. Value is http://wrta.com/trum

2 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

From the article...

The quote of what Trump said supposedly from  this nameless informer.

Just because it's in quotations dosent mean it makes this nameless guy more credible...

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

The quote of what Trump said supposedly from  this nameless informer.

Just because it's in quotations dosent mean it makes this nameless guy more credible...

I'll quote it again...

During an event in Cleveland on Friday, Trump hinted at the prospect of funding an outside group against Cruz in the future.

“Maybe I’ll set up a super-PAC if he decides to run,” Trump said of Cruz.  Turning to his running mate Mike Pence he asked rhetorically, “Are you allowed to set up a super-PAC…if you are the president, to fight someone?”

This is not "what the person close to Trump" said, this is a direct quote taken from what Trump himself said.

As I said, it really pays to read the article.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

I see nothing wrong with this if its true. if trump wants to speak with his money let him.

Just now, Leonardo said:

From the article...

Indeed it does. However what I quoted was from the article.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

I'll quote it again...

And how does the article know he said this at the event is my point.

Allegedly from the nameless guy. This is what I'm lead to believe from reading the article lol 

Edited by spartan max2

It certainly sounds like something Trump would say...but I still want the name of the person who heard him say it. I doubt they'd get Pence to fess up. 

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

And how does the article know he said this at the event is my point.

Allegedly from the nameless guy. 

The article doesn't know anything, the author of the article, however, will have access to several different sources - and will generally cross-reference them to ensure at least basic accuracy. One of them is "the person close to Trump", while another would likely be video of the event in Cleveland where Trump said what he said to Pence.

I can understand why you would think what you do, because the two paragraphs in questions are between two other paragraphs which start "The person..." indicating that paragraph is taken from the source "the person close to Trump". But the two paragraph's I quoted are not indicated to be from the same source. If they were, the author of the article would also start them with "The person..." otherwise the media outlet is left open to a claim of libel because the article reports it as a direct Trump quote.

In journalism, if you are reporting something someone said as you heard it from another person, then you state "The source said this person said...", otherwise you are reporting as first-hand what you actually heard second-hand. That is a big no-no in journalism.

Edited by Leonardo

Ted Cruz won't endorse Donald Trump, but the Republican nominee said Friday he wouldn't take the support even if the Texas senator offered.

"If he gives it, I will not accept it," Trump said at a news conference in Cleveland at the close of the Republican National Convention.
"I don't want his endorsement," he added. "Just, Ted, stay home, relax, enjoy yourself."
He also suggested that if Cruz were to seek the White House, he would set up a super PAC to oppose him.

So apparently, he said this at a news conference, in front of many reporters. 
  • Like 1

Oops on the quote.

I found video of the entire news conference and it's at I think about 19:00. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwivyqS09InOAhWCKyYKHbdCBBgQqQIIHzAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marketwatch.com%2Fstory%2Fwhy-donald-trumps-insane-post-rnc-press-conference-was-genius-2016-07-22&usg=AFQjCNFzlOUCtoRl8Zn_GyhY7od802S8IQ&sig2=lFGYF6H_skfa1e1QGMfEBw

So it's not a case of some unknown source said he said this. Trump is on video saying this...to a full audience of reporters. It's not something one person overheard. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

19:00

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

It certainly sounds like something Trump would say...but I still want the name of the person who heard him say it. I doubt they'd get Pence to fess up. 

If you watch CNN or MSNCB or Fox with a live conversation in background of commentators and only portions of live event, go to immediately to CSPAN to get live uncut version of rallies and  conventions. Talking media heads discuss after full coverage not during the event like other cable channels. You will hear and see more things uncut for yourself. 

1 minute ago, White Unicorn said:

If you watch CNN or MSNCB or Fox with a live conversation in background of commentators and only portions of live event, go to immediately to CSPAN to get live uncut version of rallies and  conventions. Talking media heads discuss after full coverage not during the event like other cable channels. You will hear and see more things uncut for yourself. 

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I had to dig around for the uncut news conference a bit. Most articles had clips and they tended to stop short just before he said that bit about the Super-PAC. I had to wonder at the motives of cutting the video at that point.