Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conspiracy in Colorado

Farmer77

With the crisis in Flint, Michigan still fresh in our minds, the concern over water contamination strikes a chord of fear in the hearts of many. But for one small town in Colorado, the latest alarm will have you shaking your head. Whether out of concern or laughter is up to you.  http://herb.co/2016/07/23/thc-colorado-town-water-supply/

I lean to the concerned side. This is either the result of a whole ton of faulty drug test kits from several different manufacturers or someone spent a whole ton of money in order to manufacture a "crisis". 

Best quote comes from the town's former mayor: 

While many residents express concern over the ‘contaminant’, others, like former mayor Patsie Smith, find the alarm rather amusing.

I might have to go drink some water.

Edited by Farmer77

I would not put it down to a conspiracy but rather to the amount of legal cannabis consumed... at some point the body just gives up and you pee it out again.

3 minutes ago, questionmark said:

I would not put it down to a conspiracy but rather to the amount of legal cannabis consumed... at some point the body just gives up and you pee it out again.

Check out the article. Its only being found in one well in this town,which showed signs of a break in but the more disconcerting part is :

there is zero possibility that there’s anything like THC in the Hugo water. You know how oil and water separate? It’s the same with cannabinoids. They’re lipophilic, which means they’re fat-loving. They would never be soluble in water. In order for people to solubilize these cannabinoids in their drinks, for marijuana products like the Dixie Elixirs sold in dispensaries, it takes a lot of work. It takes so many steps to get a fat-soluble thing like a cannabinoid into something like a drink

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Check out the article. Its only being found in one well in this town,which showed signs of a break in but the more disconcerting part is :

there is zero possibility that there’s anything like THC in the Hugo water. You know how oil and water separate? It’s the same with cannabinoids. They’re lipophilic, which means they’re fat-loving. They would never be soluble in water. In order for people to solubilize these cannabinoids in their drinks, for marijuana products like the Dixie Elixirs sold in dispensaries, it takes a lot of work. It takes so many steps to get a fat-soluble thing like a cannabinoid into something like a drink

Well, if your neighbors are pigs and dispose of their motor oil behind the garage it can also end up in your drinking water. It does not have to be soluble, it just has to be contaminated with it in a colloidal suspension.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

Is that water bottled on sale already?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, supervike said:

The THC was probably in the dude that tested the water.....

That could be. In Germany the cops where looking for years for a female criminal mastermind whose DNA appeared on a few hundred crime scenes. When they finally identified the person it was the packer at the pharmaceutical company on the cotton swab line. Turns out the cops bought the cheap sterile swabs, not the expensive DNA free swabs.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, questionmark said:

That could be. In Germany the cops where looking for years for a female criminal mastermind whose DNA appeared on a few hundred crime scenes. When they finally identified the person it was the packer at the pharmaceutical company on the cotton swab line. Turns out the cops bought the cheap sterile swabs, not the expensive DNA free swabs.

That case was called Phantom of Heilbronn.

11 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Turns out the field test was bad... http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/23/health/colorado-thc-water/index.html

No THC in the water.

Damn so that makes field test kits from 3 different manufacturers that were bad. Folks that same technology decides the fate of people's freedom. 

• Like 3

of course it was a conspiracy, i would think dea is behind it.

Researchers Expose Police Field Drug Test Kits – They Test Positive to Just About Everything.

\The director of a lab recognized by the International Association of Chiefs of Police for forensic science excellence has called field drug testing kits “totally useless” due to the possibility of false positives. In laboratory experiments, at least two brands of field testing kits have been shown to produce false positives in tests of Mucinex, chocolate, aspirin, chocolate, and oregano.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/marijuana-advocacy/#toqjYuJKiVhoYDK7.99

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Makes you wonder how many good people have lost their jobs and had their life ruined because of these stupid tests.

• Like 2

prbly quite a few,  i had tests done for my work few times, no false positive for me, but my test was done in private medical office, not by any leo, or gvmnt organisation, that had interest in getting positive result. 

• Like 1