Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Light in Orion

UM-Bot

Story submission by: Lobonoir    Location: Florida

Oct 18 2013 @ 02:08.Went out to walk the dogs. I heard a small leer jet go over into Tampa Airport. As I looked up I could see the constellation Orion clearly. Just above the right belt star I saw an intense light. I thought it was a landing light for an airliner. I thought it was strange because they do not land into Tampa/St Pete airport from that direction. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111696/light-in-orion

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• ChrLzs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Military training (a very common claim..) obviously doesn't help all that much if the conclusion is that an unmoving/flashing on/off bright spot could be the ISS coming down...

In a metropolitan region, especially around an airport, the sky is monitored very carefully..  Plus there are no doubt quite a few amateur/professional astronomers who do all sky imaging, all night.  Not to mention various webcams all over the place, some of which would almost certainly have included the Orion region, unless it was directly overhead... (it wasn't).  So if there was something strange in the sky in that night, you could simply visit Tampa's biggest astronomy club and ask them to take a look at the footage for that night.  Or ring the airport, or... etc.

Maybe the 2am dogwalk was a lucid dream?  I think my family would be very supportive and say "yes, grandad, I saw it too"...