Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A ghost?

AngelinaG

I went to the Cheif Vann House with my class one year and I heard something whisper my name in one of the upper rooms. It wasn't my real name either. And my name on here isn't my real name. It called me 'Angelina'. A name I go by with only my closest friends and I feel I have a strong connection with the name. I was alone too. I wandered away from the group a little bit earlier and went to explore. But still, someone calling me by that name? None of my friends have passed, none that I know of anyway. 

• Like 1

Were any of those folks in the group you wandered away from, the ones that knew of your nickname?

Angelina, there are a number of logical explanations behind your experience. Often cognitive error is behind it (where internal speech is attributed to an external source). There are other explanations, both physical and/or mental, of course and you might want to do some research to see if any would apply.

56 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Were any of those folks in the group you wandered away from, the ones that knew of your nickname?

No

You mentioned that you went there with your class. Was there anyone in your class that may have had the name Angelina ? as there may have been somebody else there with that name - and that someone may have been calling or talking to them ?

There may also have been other people on the upper floor...such as staff - visitors and or students talking amongst themselves and you over heard the name Angelina mentioned.

I found this information on Cheif Van House which is now a museum - it's very beautiful.

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/history-archaeology/chief-vann-house

With these type of beautiful old heritage style buildings that come with deep history (Ooh it might be haunted) and polished timber flooring and expansive space...well these large buildings tend to also echo noise. Hence why I mentioned the upper level where other's may have been quietly talking and where you may have over heard the name.

Sorry Angelina - I very much doubt it was a ghost calling your name - as the name you feel you have a connection with :) 

maybe it could have been a ghost of a stranger who's been watching you and learned your nickname and is trying to talk to you. i wouldn't worry about it too much unless things start getting more alarming. 

• Like 1

Yes I believe it is a ghost trying to get in touch with you. And it wants your soul!

• 4 weeks later...

It could be any number of things but I believe you did hear it maybe it was a spirit like a traveler or tag along it was already with you when you got to the place on the tour.