Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thought of you guys last night

preacherman76

Hey guys. Something pretty cool happened last night that I had to share. Every year the fair comes to town, an on the first weekend of it, they have a fire work show. That was last night. Just so happens that where they set them off from, we can see them pretty good from just a short walk from my house. Anyhow long story short, after the fire works, we begin to walk back to the house. We are maybe half way back home when I see this orange glowing ball in the sky. No blinking lights or anything, just a solid orange ball of light. So I point it out to my wife and my sons. Right away both me and my wife pull our phones out to try and get a recording of it. An I'll be damned it suddenly just vanished. Blinked out right before I could get some footage. It was a very strange thing to see.

So right away I thought about you guys lol. An how I was disappointed I couldn't get a recording to share with you. I came back out after I put the boys to bed, but didn't see anything else.

• Like 7

Was the orange ball moving? Did it make any sound? Was it a just a solid ball of light or did it look like it was on fire?

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Was the orange ball moving? Did it make any sound? Was it a just a solid ball of light or did it look like it was on fire?

It was moving Lilly. It was going pretty fast to, heading South over the Hudson River. It was pretty close to. I remember being impressed by how bright it was. From my POV it was coming from my left side, and blinked out soon as it was centered right in front of us. Looked like a solid ball of light. No sound at all.

I was thinking it might have been a drone, but with how close it was, I think we would have heard something.

• Like 1

I tried to look close after the light went out, to see if there was a solid object there, but I couldn't see anything. Now that doesn't necessarily mean nothing was there, but I couldn't see it, or hear anything.

Preacherman you're sounding like the guy who never has a camera with him every time he sees the Loch Ness monster. (JK) I saw a similar thing once when I was up at our beach house. It did the same thing, appeared and disappeared. It wasn't bright orange but more of yellowy orange. I thought at first that maybe one of the planets was visible but never followed up with any research to see if anything was going on that night.

• Like 2

Any idea on some estimated elevation or distance ?

~

My personal experience was seeing something exceptionally 'bright' one night on a good moon lit night almost directly overhead ... thought it was 'moving' very fast until I realised it was the clouds that was 'moving' ... and being a clear moon lit night the contrast made the point source much brighter than normally seen , probably a planet of something along those line, maybe even a satellite it was ~

• Like 2

I'm not exactly sure TE, I don't think I could have hit it throwing a rock, but seemed pretty close none the less. It's hard to say. When it was moving first thing I did was compare it to the fixed stars behind it. It was definitely moving. There wasn't a cloud in the sky last night either. Probably explainable by someone, just not me.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

Did the orange ball have a facebook page? Does it like green eggs and ham? How many poops did you have before you saw it? ........... Stupid question to a shared story. Cant just enjoy what someone has to share on the site anymore

thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I'm not exactly sure TE, I don't think I could have hit it throwing a rock, but seemed pretty close none the less. It's hard to say. When it was moving first thing I did was compare it to the fixed stars behind it. It was definitely moving. There wasn't a cloud in the sky last night either. Probably explainable by someone, just not me.

I was thinking that maybe it was a firework or something like that or a type of Chinese lantern. Just some wild guesses as I wasn't there to see it. Interestingly though many have reported unusual lights/aircraft during fireworks displays, with some suggesting that our light shows attract UFOs. My question would be, if that's the case, then how would they get here so fast. And if they haven't figured out light shows by now, then they are denser than I thought.

• Like 1

I see those ufo orbs every night where I'm at. Sometimes they fade, pulse, slow fade then brighten up, move at odd angles, etc. I never put much thought into them though. I just figured it was something natural or a trick to the eyes.

• Like 1

Was it partly cloudy or cloudless?

15 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

Was it partly cloudy or cloudless?

Not a cloud in the sky. I remember cause I was star gazing before the fireworks started

44 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I see those ufo orbs every night where I'm at. Sometimes they fade, pulse, slow fade then brighten up, move at odd angles, etc. I never put much thought into them though. I just figured it was something natural or a trick to the eyes.

Really? You should take some video

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Really? You should take some video

Don't see a point. They're just lights. I don't put much thought behind them as they do nothing really. I haven't been abducted by aliens are anything. 

Plus there are plenty of videos on youtube about them. Unless something makes me say "What the hell!!!" I won't bother.

Edited by XenoFish

I assume you live around the Hudson Valley area since you mentioned the Hudson River. There was reports of lights and craft

in that area a few decades back. Seems to be a hotspot.

https://youtu.be/yfevVrSDb-g

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 2

I saw the same thing 2 summers ago in july, I look up i saw an orange ball glowing it was kinda pluseing geting brigther and brigther then blinked out, acccording to ufo reporting center other people saw it i live in long island ny

• Like 1

I saw the same thing, but several of them. They rose up in the sky, picked up speed one by one, then winked out. 

Good thing I saw the yard where the people released the Chinese Lanterns as I was walking by. Otherwise I would have been perplexed too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hawkin said:

I assume you live around the Hudson Valley area since you mentioned the Hudson River. There was reports of lights and craft

in that area a few decades back. Seems to be a hotspot.

https://youtu.be/yfevVrSDb-g

Those sightings are the reason I found this website. My Mother an sister witnessed the famous Hudson valley boomerang. I still kick my self to this day cause my Mom had asked me to go with her that night. 

In 94 right in the same area, I witnessed a much smaller round craft  for like a half hour flying above my house. I have been scanning these skies ever since.

5 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

I saw the same thing, but several of them. They rose up in the sky, picked up speed one by one, then winked out. 

Good thing I saw the yard where the people released the Chinese Lanterns as I was walking by. Otherwise I would have been perplexed too.

I might have thought Chinese lanterns to, but it came up on us much to fast to be that. 

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Don't see a point. They're just lights. I don't put much thought behind them as they do nothing really. I haven't been abducted by aliens are anything. 

Plus there are plenty of videos on youtube about them. Unless something makes me say "What the hell!!!" I won't bother.

I hope whatever happened to you never happens to me. I mean that honestly, not trying to be a jerk. An not over just this thread either.

I think you are still holding on to something that tells you all isn't necessarily what it seems. Otherwise why would you be here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I hope whatever happened to you never happens to me. I mean that honestly, not trying to be a jerk. An not over just this thread either.

I think you are still holding on to something that tells you all isn't necessarily what it seems. Otherwise why would you be here?

A reality check showed me that there is nothing more in life. That magick doesn't exist and the gods are dead. I would love for there to be more to it all, but alas tis not to be so. 

No god's, aliens, demons, or ghost. Just fanciful creation of a childish imagination. Life is an unfeeling thing that just doesn't care about us. People make it worse. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

A reality check showed me that there is nothing more in life. That magick doesn't exist and the gods are dead. I would love for there to be more to it all, but alas tis not to be so. 

No god's, aliens, demons, or ghost. Just fanciful creation of a childish imagination. Life is an unfeeling thing that just doesn't care about us. People make it worse. 

Maybe, but two things -- the world we know of living things on earth is maybe all we could ever hope to appreciate.  Second, it's a very big universe.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yea like I said, I hope that never happens to me.

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea like I said, I hope that never happens to me.

I hope it does. So you can gain a different understanding. 

13 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Maybe, but two things -- the world we know of living things on earth is maybe all we could ever hope to appreciate.  Second, it's a very big universe.

I don't appreciate it. This planet is designed to kill us. If there is more going on in the universe there is a good chance we'll never find it.

What understanding is that? That there is no mystery or wonder in this universe? My direct experiences would never allow me to believe that. 

For instance I know for a fact there is such thing as flying scaucers. Watched one for a half hour