Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

gold

danielost

if aliens came to earth to mine gold, why???  the asteroid belt has more gold and is easier to mine and you don't have to deal with unknown life forms.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, danielost said:

if aliens came to earth to mine gold, why???  the asteroid belt has more gold and is easier to mine and you don't have to deal with unknown life forms.

Because your average Lizard man can put his feet up sipping cocktails while primitive mammals do all the mining for him.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Because your average Lizard man can put his feet up sipping cocktails while primitive mammals do all the mining for him.

then why aren't the lizard men still here mining.  surely an advanced civ. can control a few ape men.

Just now, danielost said:

then why aren't the lizard men still here mining.  surely an advanced civ. can control a few ape men.

I thought they still were here, in human disguises?  David Icke was very clear about what is going on, he's an expert, there was a very good documentary in the 80's about it all called V.  Hillary Clinton is apparently one of the reptilian overlords.

• Like 4

I don't doubt a reptile would make the best possible President.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, danielost said:

Maybe they aren't still here because they never were here in the first place ?

1 minute ago, Grey Area said:

I thought they still were here, in human disguises?  David Icke was very clear about what is going on, he's an expert, there was a very good documentary in the 80's about it all called V.  Hillary Clinton is apparently one of the reptilian overlords.

If David Icke says so it must be true. :rolleyes: 

(I might have used a little lot of sarcasm in the privious sentence)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, danielost said:

Because they were never here??

• Like 2

IMO there's probably not a whole lot (minerally speaking) on Earth that isn't someplace else in the universe. The amount of energy and resources that it would take an ET race to travel vast distances makes the mining notion rather silly.

• Like 5

Because, as our scientist have just discovered, gold and titanium form the strongest metal alloy known?

(Not really, but I guess Sitchin would have loved to know that)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danielost said:

Because as sci-fi story in which aliens mine the asteroid belt and no-one on Earth knows about it is not very exciting ;)   Even if their love lives and feuds are more convoluted than the worst Brazilian daytime soap :lol:

• Like 1

Isn't asteroid belt filled with debris and difficult and dangerous?  Also earth is habitable, good for repairs and cheap fuel. 

18 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Isn't asteroid belt filled with debris and difficult and dangerous?  Also earth is habitable, good for repairs and cheap fuel. 

53098654.jpg

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, kartikg said:

The asteroid belt is so diffuse that probes can be sent right through it without any reasonable fear they will collide with anything.  Voyagers 1 and 2, Pioneers 10 and 11, New Horizons, Cassini, Juno, etc. have all gone right through it without a scratch and Dawn is currently orbiting the largest object in the asteroid belt after having successfully orbited another asteroid belt body.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, JesseCuster said:

The asteroid belt is so diffuse that probes can be sent right through it without any reasonable fear they will collide with anything.  Voyagers 1 and 2, Pioneers 10 and 11, New Horizons, Cassini, Juno, etc. have all gone right through it without a scratch and Dawn is currently orbiting the largest object in the asteroid belt after having successfully orbited another asteroid belt body.

Don't forget the danger of massive asteroid worms.

TDrGZ.gif

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

Don't forget the danger of massive asteroid worms.

TDrGZ.gif

I saw that documentary too !

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JesseCuster said:

The asteroid belt is so diffuse that probes can be s, ent right through it without any reasonable fear they will collide with anything.  Voyagers 1 and 2, Pioneers 10 and 11, New Horizons, Cassini, Juno, etc. have all gone right through it without a scratch and Dawn is currently orbiting the largest object in the asteroid belt after having successfully orbited another asteroid belt body.

Hypothetical speaking one would want to mine gold from a planet than asteroid first It just seems convenient for me. 

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

Hypothetical speaking one would want to mine gold from a planet than asteroid first It just seems convenient for me. 

If you mine an asteroid you don't have to deal with native life forms and you don't have to worry about a planets gravity well, which make it a lot more difficult to ship anything from a planets surface. 

Any aliens species that have mastered interstellar travel can be assumed to know how to do robotic mining. So why the need for a planet ?

Can you come up with anything that could only be mined on Earth and at the same time be worth the effort to do so ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kartikg said:

Is it?  Transporting mined materials away from the earth vs. the asteroid belt means overcoming both the earth's gravitational pull and the larger gravitational pull of being closer to the sun.

However, I wasn't commenting on the pros and cons of mining on a planet, just pointing out that the asteroid isn't "difficult and dangerous".

My question is, would gold, or some other 'precious' metal, be found in similar concentrations among asteroids as planets? If the commodity is spread thin among many millions of asteroids then for the sake of expediency it might be more cost effective to mine a planet.

1 hour ago, S2F said:

My question is, would gold, or some other 'precious' metal, be found in similar concentrations among asteroids as planets? If the commodity is spread thin among many millions of asteroids then for the sake of expediency it might be more cost effective to mine a planet.

all the gold mined on earth would fill three Olympic swimming pools.  all gold on earth came from asteroids.

you can take a loaf of bread to the moon, turn it into gold and it would pay for its trip.

Edited by danielost

15 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

I don't doubt a reptile would make the best possible President.

We in the US may have a chance to find out, we have two running.

It is not useful to travel between stars to mine anything.  You would use a lot less energy makingit  at home  than searching for it light years away.  There is nothing on earth or in our solar system that couldn't be had in an alien's own home system.  Even Earth Women as much as I love and respect them are best left here on earth.  Out among the stars, lizard men make love to lizard ladies by the light of a thousand suns.

• Like 2

Gold is pretty, heavy and malleable. Other than that it's a good conductor.

Why would anyone cross star systems to attain it?

• Like 1