Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kong: Skull Island [2017]

Keel M.

So I guess this is the next step? Not the helpless female tied to a stake or two to lure the beasty in...

• Like 3

No simian abuse for Naomi Watts either... sad times :(

• Like 2

I happened to see the trailer earlier today. I think it looks pretty bad ass and a step in the right direction and Kong looks insanely huge. Way bigger than 50 feet. That one from '05 was so so horrible except it spawned a pretty fun yet short video game.

The movie is a stepping stone in developing Legendary's Godzilla-Kong Cinematic Universe. Legendary plans to have a sequel to Godzilla (2014) in March of 2019 and follow that up with Godzilla vs. Kong, a project slated for a 2020 release.

This is the movie I'm most looking forward to in 2017. I like that they are deviating from the standard Kong movie, which always gave the ape a love interest. I just hope he isn't "hidden" for most of the movie.

• Like 1

He's going to have to be humongous then. The last Godzilla was 350' tall iirc.

• 3 months later...

I'm guessing that bumping the thread is better than making a new one. But a new trailer was released last night, and I can easily say this is my most anticipated movie for next year. (Mods & Admins, if I am breaking a rule, please let me know. I don't think I am, but I don't know either. I'm assuming this is a good post because it brings up something new to talk about, rather than just bumping it to keep it at the top.)

A lot of people who I know liked it, but some have complained that the tone is different from that of the SDCC trailer. The humor did throw me off somewhat, but it didn't kill the trailer for me.

• Like 2

looks hilariously AWESOME.

• Like 1

Kong leads to more (American) Godzilla.  Thus, I'm a fan of this.

EDITED TO ADD:  And yes, it does look quite a bit awesomely.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 3