Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans originate from China.....!!!

seeder

Oh boy....

Humans do NOT originate from Africa – teeth discovery shows race evolved from CHINA
THE idea that modern day humans evolved in Africa is under question by Chinese academics who claim to have fossil evidence showing our ancestors stemmed from the east Asian country.

The discovery of three human teeth in an ancient limestone cave in the district of Bijie in China could blow our understanding of human origin wide open.

The teeth, according to the researchers, are between 112,000 years and 178,000 years old – which is shockingly 75,000 years older than the first modern human fossils found in Africa.

When the teeth were first discovered, it was thought they belonged to an extinct ancestor of humans known as homo altaiensis, or Denisovian.

But new analysis shows that they belonged to homo sapiens.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/692980/Humans-Africa-race-evolved-from-CHINA

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, seeder said:

Oh boy....

Humans do NOT originate from Africa – teeth discovery shows race evolved from CHINA
THE idea that modern day humans evolved in Africa is under question by Chinese academics who claim to have fossil evidence showing our ancestors stemmed from the east Asian country.

The discovery of three human teeth in an ancient limestone cave in the district of Bijie in China could blow our understanding of human origin wide open.

The teeth, according to the researchers, are between 112,000 years and 178,000 years old – which is shockingly 75,000 years older than the first modern human fossils found in Africa.

When the teeth were first discovered, it was thought they belonged to an extinct ancestor of humans known as homo altaiensis, or Denisovian.

But new analysis shows that they belonged to homo sapiens.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/692980/Humans-Africa-race-evolved-from-CHINA

Too bad they apparently can't count as the fossil record in Africa shows that Homo sapiens, the Omo 1 and Omo 2 remains, date to circa 200,000 BP while the Homo sapiens idaltu find dates to circa 160,000 BP.

cormac

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

Too bad they apparently can't count as the fossil record in Africa shows that Homo sapiens, the Omo 1 and Omo 2 remains, date to circa 200,000 BP while the Homo sapiens idaltu find dates to circa 160,000 BP.

cormac

Agreed

To speculate: could HE have arisen in Africa spread out then evolved into several pathways to form what later became Neanderthal, Denisovian and HSS. I suspect too that the teeth are of Denisovians but said teeth are so close to HSS that its all interpretation to say they are HSS as the parameters for characterizing human teeth are rather wide .A later out spread of HSS from Africa found their Denisovian cousins and bred with them as they did with Neanderthal.

The Chinese may be suffering from the same nationalism disease that eroded science in Europe for many generations.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 5

I had the same reaction as cormac and Haslune, Omo 1 and 2 are about 200,000 years old, some teeth in China 178,000 years old, or even worst 112,000 won't cut it. Either they need to add a row to their abacus or they need the "latest" articles about Africa to be translated in Chinese. Anyway, I'm not impressed.

Putting the bogus claim of human origin aside, that homo sapiens were in China so early is mind blowing. There would have been a very early out of Africa move and to think they would go as far as China...  I guess they would have moved East between the Arabian peninsula, then Iran South Asia, Myanmar and into what is today China. Not the countries with the highest budget for archaeology to say the least, but hopefully this will turn around in the next few decades.

Edited by Gingitsune
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

I had the same reaction as cormac and Haslune, Omo 1 and 2 are about 200,000 years old, some teeth in China 178,000 years old, or even worst 112,000 won't cut it. Either they need to add a row to their abacus or they need the "latest" article about Africa to be translated in Chinese. Anyway, I'm not impressed.

Putting the bogus claim of human origin aside, that homo sapiens were in China so early is mind blowing. There would have been a very early out of Africa move and to think they would go as far as China...  I guess they would have moved East between the Arabian peninsula, then Iran South Asia, Myanmar and into what is today China. Not the countries with the highest budget for archaeology to say the least, but hopefully this will turn around in the next few decades.

I too find it remarkable that mankind founds it way to China so early given the deserts, mountains and jungles that block the path. Any path they might have taken would have been tough - unless they went by coastal means and that would have been much easier than walking. Of course that would have been a very round about way given the solid land that would have been where the islands of Indonesia are now.

• Like 4

China has been trying to prove that humans originated there and that China is the cradle of civilization. Unfortunately for the Chinese modern man has definitely been traced out of Africa by DNA sampling.

They traced DNA markers of the San Bushmen out of Africa, to the Middle East over to India, Indonesia, Australia and then back up to Tibet over to Alaska, down the coast of North America and they stopped the search when the found the markers in the Navajo Indians. They also speculated that Europeans were a part of that migration from a branch out of China.

• Like 2

This is the biggest drawback to the claim IMO and is taken from the actual article the OP is based on:

But the continuity-with-hybridization model is countered by overwhelming genetic data that point to Africa as the wellspring of modern humans. Studies of Chinese populations show that 97.4% of their genetic make-up is from ancestral modern humans from Africa, with the rest coming from extinct forms such as Neanderthals and Denisovans5. “If there had been significant contributions from Chinese H. erectus, they would show up in the genetic data,” says Li Hui, a population geneticist at Fudan University in Shanghai.

http://www.nature.com/polopoly_fs/1.20231!/menu/main/topColumns/topLeftColumn/pdf/535218a.pdf

cormac

• Like 4

Wait, I thought humans originated from Bosnia. From the area of Visoko, to be precise.

Pseudoscientific nationalism, anyone?:whistle:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Wait, I thought humans originated from Bosnia. From the area of Visoko, to be precise.

No just not strange enough - now HERE is truly Harte style strange:

https://www.amazon.com/Humans-are-not-Earth-scientific-ebook/dp/B00DKK9IX2?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&tag=beyondthecurt-20#reader_B00DKK9IX2

Description here:

http://www.scicommbobulate.com/blog/2014/2/18/week-6-book-review-humans-are-not-from-earth-by-ellis-silver

Not really needed but here is a debunking:

http://thesoapboxrantings.blogspot.no/2013/11/did-we-come-from-another-planet-no.html

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Oh, yes, sure. An environmentalist and ecologist. I'm going to learn about paleohistory from a tree hugger?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Oh, yes, sure. An environmentalist and ecologist. I'm going to learn about paleohistory from a tree hugger?

Hey he has us being real gosh darn aliens - that's loads better than failed naked apes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Hey he has us being real gosh darn aliens - that's loads better than failed naked apes.

Speak for yourself, bub. I believe we came from failed naked aliens.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Speak for yourself, bub. I believe we came from failed naked aliens.

WELL!!! Speakth for thine self then sire. I believe we came from failed naked aliens apes who at one point invented capers and also decided it was a good idea to create Chinese opera.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I prefer to call this ilness Atlantisitis.

What if we originate from Gigantopitechus? :rolleyes: Giganto lived in what is now China as recently as one hundred thousand years ago

10 hours ago, Hanslune said:

A fair-minded and balanced review of this "book" from the Amazon page linked in the description you linked:

This book is an entire trash heap of unconnected, ill-considered, and dumbfoundingly speculative (Alpha Centauri? Really? Why any specific star system at all?), as well as scientifically illiterate, preposterously counterfactual mental maunderings by an unqualified individual who was evidently struck stupid by a science-fiction meme that was sent to the trash bin 50 years ago, after the recognition of the role of DNA and its ubiquity across the entire spectrum of Earthly biology—and did not have the wit eventually to realize that he was inexpertly championing an idea that was already a half-century out of date.

link

Harte

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harte said:

This book is an entire trash heap of unconnected, ill-considered, and dumbfoundingly speculative (Alpha Centauri? Really? Why any specific star system at all?), as well as scientifically illiterate, preposterously counterfactual mental maunderings by an unqualified individual who was evidently struck stupid by a science-fiction meme that was sent to the trash bin 50 years ago, after the recognition of the role of DNA and its ubiquity across the entire spectrum of Earthly biology—and did not have the wit eventually to realize that he was inexpertly championing an idea that was already a half-century out of date.

Oh right pull up the truth about the book to make it look incredibly bone breakingly stupid..........just because it IS so incrediblly stupid doesn't mean you have to prove it ya know how about leaving some mystery in the life...lol

• Like 1

I am increasingly certain that the only credible theory for human origin is that which was so eloquently expounded by DNA in the first fit of his radio shows and second volume of his famous trilogy of books.

It does rather explain everything ..... :unsure2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

What if we originate from Gigantopitechus? :rolleyes: Giganto lived in what is now China as recently as one hundred thousand years ago

But we'd look like orangutang if we descended from Giganto.... and the teeth really don't fit. There are a lot more convincing parent fossils in Africa which aren't even proto-homo. Which really makes to wonder what these Chinese academics were thinking. -__-

cc0df08c471ba06e6c4e08d0bf5c7573.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

But we'd look like orangutang if we descended from Giganto.... and the teeth really don't fit. There are a lot more convincing parent fossils in Africa which aren't even proto-homo. Which really makes to wonder what these Chinese academics were thinking. -__-

~image snip

'Funds' and National 'Grants' ... too many new graduates are fast losing touch with researching the ancient records and so goes venturing into 'uncharted' intellectual territory ... ~

• Like 4