Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breakthough: Live without breathing

seeder

Scientists Invent Oxygen Particle That If Injected, Allows You To Live Without Breathing

New Medical Discovery

A team of scientists at the Boston Children’s Hospital have invented what is being considered one the greatest medical breakthroughs in recent years. They have designed a microparticle that can be injected into a person’s bloodstream that can quickly oxygenate their blood. This will even work if the ability to breathe has been restricted, or even cut off entirely.

http://www.techwench.com/scientists-invent-oxygen-particle-that-if-injected-allows-you-to-live-without-breathing/

• Like 1

This is definitely one of the best medical breakthroughs ever. I wonder if one day patients will be able to use it for longer periods of time. Like for example if a person's lungs are totally shot, perhaps they can live the rest of their lives this way. I don't know, but even its short term effects will save lives.. so it's a great start that's for sure.

• Like 1

The examples of uses are pretty fascinating.  Makes me wonder. Could it be used to keep organs alive?  Like transplant organs or the futurama heads for instance?