Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orb with a cross inside

Mary Hartmann

It's pareidolia. Your mind tries to make sense out of random things, kind of like seeing non-existant figures in the clouds. The brain likes things to make sense so it references all the imagery stored in itself and picks a form that most closely fits said random image.

The trick is to not allow yourself to get so sucked into a illusion that you start thinking it means anything other than a random object. Same with orbs..the implied "meaning" is all in your head. I have seen glimpses of random things and the brain assumes it is something it isn't and my trick is to...........ignore it and go back to what I was doing. Problem instantly solved.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mary Hartmann said:

Has anyone experienced an orb with a cross inside of it? Meaning? Please help

A little (actually, a LOT) more information might help.  Is this in a camera image (if so please post it), something you only saw, was it at night, were there lights around, etc..

In both cameras and eyes, you can get cross shapes from diffracted rays/spikes or other optical effects.  In other words, the 'star' effect that surrounds a light source..

If you describe it more fully, I can probably show you lots of similar examples..

• Like 2

It was at night, before my son and I were asleep, we had just had a conversation and the lights were turned off, about fifteen minutes later, my son said my name, as I rolled over and he said look at the feet of the bed, we both saw a round object of light with a distinct cross inside of it, I then reached over and turned the light on and it then disappeared...I asked my son what he saw and he described it just as I would have described it, we weren't afraid I was just dumb founded, he then asked what it wanted, and what it meant...none of which I could explain

All I can say is that at the point at which you fall asleep your mind is highly suggestible and may create illusions, hence the commonly reported 'falling' effect.  Just by saying "Look at that circle of light!" you may create the illusion in another's mind, or perhaps there was indeed something, maybe a stray reflection of headlights or even a potential intruder's flashlight (or law enforcement officer chasing one..). Plus the person may still be half-dreaming, so their 'memory' of the event will be affected by what you say/describe, and it could easily become a true memory.

As you didn't describe it as particularly bright or having a point-like source, I doubt it was the type of effect I was alluding to earlier.  So other than the above, I don't know what it was.

Well I was going to say it's demons. But now this sounds like it could be something holy because of the cross.

So I will say Angels.

Thank you, honestly it wasn't a scary kind of moment, I was just in awe that we both saw the same thing...i have explained that the room was dark and it happened about 15 minutes after turning out the lamp in my room, I live on a road that it could not be a car driving down either...and I was not asleep and apparently neither had my son fallen asleep when he saw it and said mom...then I rolled over and saw it as well...just wanted some insight