Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you use a teleportation device?

Alan McDougall

Would you use a teleportation machine to travel?

By Alan McDougall

Greetings,

Scientists have succeeded in teleporting light quanta over a distance of a few hundred yards or so

They use quantum entanglement to do it, but in reality, they are just teleporting the information.

Thus to teleport it is not your actual body that will be teleported, because the supercomputer would have to break it down into its component fundamental parts , then store the result as some form of digital information and send the information to a remote receiving supercomputer who would then create an exact copy of you by the information sent to it in the process

One quantum knows exactly what another is doing regardless of distance instantaneously resonates with each other, overcoming the light speed barrier of information communication.

Now to my question would you allow yourself to be teleported when all that is really happening is the information that makes up your being is destroyed and reassembled on the other side of the universe?

An exact copy, but is the copy you or what is it where is your consciousness or soul after you got to your destination?

Alan McDougall 2006

So the original you has to be broken down into it's component parts in order to be categorized and digitally compiled, basically killing you in the process.

I don't think I'd do it then, because what is made up at the other location is with other matter, which wouldn't be the same "me" that I am.

• Like 1

Of course that is how i simply has to work, matter cannot travel faster than 186,000 mps. So to exceed the speed of light to "teleport" through Quantum Entanglement it would be reconstruction. I honestly cannot grasp if that will make a difference or not, but if the tech ever reaches a point where that question becomes meaningful, I am sure by that point we will have the answers we need regarding our state of being after teleportation. It seems it would also be an instant cloning machine too and a gateway to immortality. Can you "teleport" into a body that is in its twenties? If you have the data, why not? In fact, why not tweak the other end of the teleporting machine so you come out all fit and healthy? Teleport a body, but do not reconstruct invasive cancer.... the possibilities are almost endless. If dying from cancer, would you teleport into cancer free body that is immune to other cancers by tweaking the data that is "you"? Of course we would, that would very much mitigate the "is it me" question. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan McDougall said:

Would you use a teleportation machine to travel?

By Alan McDougall

Greetings,

Scientists have succeeded in teleporting light quanta over a distance of a few hundred yards or so

They use quantum entanglement to do it, but in reality, they are just teleporting the information.

Thus to teleport it is not your actual body that will be teleported, because the supercomputer would have to break it down into its component fundamental parts , then store the result as some form of digital information and send the information to a remote receiving supercomputer who would then create an exact copy of you by the information sent to it in the process

One quantum knows exactly what another is doing regardless of distance instantaneously resonates with each other, overcoming the light speed barrier of information communication.

Now to my question would you allow yourself to be teleported when all that is really happening is the information that makes up your being is destroyed and reassembled on the other side of the universe?

An exact copy, but is the copy you or what is it where is your consciousness or soul after you got to your destination?

Alan McDougall 2006

Quantum "teleportation" is, as you point out, the entanglement of one or more properties of two or more quantum objects, at which point each quantum object "shares" those properties. A change to one object can then be observed to simultaneously produce a change on the other object(s).

So, assuming the soul exists and that soul or consciousness can be "entangled", your question of consciousness or soul is now answered. If the properties of each object are shared, then there would only be one consciousness or soul - it would simply be contained within multiple physical bodies separated by some distance of space. There would then be no need to "teleport" anywhere, because "you" would already be there.

depends on the extra luggage surcharges actually ...

4 hours ago, and then said:

The real dilemma would be that if your consciousness or self-identity be reconstructed by this hypothetical teleportation or from a religious pint of view what about the soul, which is supposedly immaterial? 

Im in , screw it , Im so sick of dealing with the TSA even molecular deconstruction sounds like a positive turn of events. 

I'd be more keen on using "Avatar" technology.  Especially to explore new environments.  That way you don't lose the "original" and the exploratory avatar could be better suited to the environment.

Should I....... or shouldn't I........

collab_fly_27.jpg