Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NSA declassifies Bikini Atoll stock footage

Timothy

The US National Security Archives has declassified and released the entire stock of footage shot by surveillance aircraft that over flew the nuclear test site just minutes after the bomb went off.

News article: http://www.news.com.au/world/new-footage-reveals-bikini-atoll-atomic-bomb-test-aftermath/news-story/719d8d2799c48a7ea5835153437bc18a

There is some awe-inspiring footage.

• Like 2

Well, a nuke test is one thing but looking at the destroyed ships and all the oil spills it quite clear that environmental thinking didnt existed those days even if radioaktive contamination was the bigger threat. But yeah, it wasnt the own backyard.

• Like 1

Hmmm, fascinating.

I was overwhelming disappointed by the lack of Bikini coverage ...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, toast said:

Well, a nuke test is one thing but looking at the destroyed ships and all the oil spills it quite clear that environmental thinking didnt existed those days even if radioaktive contamination was the bigger threat. But yeah, it wasnt the own backyard.

Great point.

I have seen where some of the ships like the tanker were recently drained of as much oil as possible.

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I was overwhelming disappointed by the lack of Bikini coverage ...

Isn't it always the less cover the better with bikinis?  ;)

• Like 4

Just now, Merc14 said:

Isn't it always the less cover the better with bikinis?  ;)

Atoll my good man ... leave it at the Atoll ... lest they be a grave toll to pay ... my gutter mind is sealed ~ ;)

• Like 2

The only thing "inspiring" about this, is the depth of indifference for the native people who were irradiated. It was beyond barbaric.

"Fire from heaven," performed in full view of men. 2nd false miracle of the False Prophet.

It's a fingerprint, identifying the future target of unspeakable wrath.

6 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The only thing "inspiring" about this, is the depth of indifference for the native people who were irradiated. It was beyond barbaric.

"Fire from heaven," performed in full view of men. 2nd false miracle of the False Prophet.

It's a fingerprint, identifying the future target of unspeakable wrath.

The native people were relocated before any tests.  They actually went voluntarily because they couldn't grow enough food to survive.  Why didn't you do a check on google before posting this hysterical condemnation?

• Like 6

the marshall islands had japanese bases that we bombed during the war. dont pick sides if u dont want to get hurt. us govt has payed them over 700 million dollars for the damage

7 minutes ago, fightzone said:

us govt has payed them over 700 million dollars for the damage

Cynical statement. But anyway, did the Marshallese people asked for the deal and had the Marshallese ppl the option to choose?

4 hours ago, toast said:

Cynical statement. But anyway, did the Marshallese people asked for the deal and had the Marshallese ppl the option to choose?

I don't think anyone will argue that open air testing of nuclear weapons was a bad idea but no one blew up  a native population as Raptor Witness intimated.  I am not going to defend that time in history but neither will I allow a hysterical man to add fuel to the fire.  If RW has some evidence of genocide he can bring it here and I will happily debate it but otherwise he should apologize for being a liar and making things up to push his already failed predictions. 

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Merc14 said:

The native people were relocated before any tests.  They actually went voluntarily because they couldn't grow enough food to survive.  Why didn't you do a check on google before posting this hysterical condemnation?

Have you read about the fallout, and how far it drifted? That's the real story.

The same indifference allowed GE to build that nuclear resort by the sea in Japan, at Fukushima,.

Edited by Raptor Witness

11 hours ago, toast said:

In the months before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Kwajalein Atoll was the administrative center of the Japanese 6th Fleet Forces Service, whose task was the defense of the Marshall Islands.[13]

In World War II, the United States, during the Gilbert and Marshall Islands campaign, invaded and occupied the islands in 1944, destroying or isolating the Japanese garrisons. The US government added the archipelago to the U.S. Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, along with several other island groups in the South Sea.

source: 

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Marshall_Islands  their allies which were on the islands dragged the us into the war. we would not have been there if they didnt help to attack pearl harbor. 

6 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The same indifference allowed GE to build that nuclear resort by the sea in Japan, at Fukushima,.

Fukushima was a preventable accident thatbisb100% the responsibility of those that ensure that it was up to date. Had the plants safety systems been up to date there would of been no nuclear incident.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

It is not hard to find all that info on those tests and neither is it hard to say you are wrong and you are a liar.  This is not the first time you have told a massive lie on this site and is the reason I confronted you.  As I said, no one will defend the open air tests of nuclear weapons most nuclearized countries participated in during the mid-20th century and after the fall out was tracked those tests were outlawed but your statement that the US dropped nuclear weapons on the native population of that island chain was a lie and a slur against the US.   Now that you have been caught in that outright lie, an apology is in order or you slink away and hide as you usually do when caught lying.

Edited by Merc14

It is amazing to me that, after all these years, Raptor Witness still doesn't understand why all nuclear reactors are built by the sea. 

Incidentally, the Fukushima plant was in the process of being decommissioned , precisely because it was too expensive to bring it up to date.  If I recall correctly, three of the six reactors were already shut down when the tsunami occurred (been a while; would have to re-fresh my memory).

• Like 1

On 7/26/2016 at 10:09 AM, toast said:

They wanted to see how a fueled ship would be affected.  Also, are you aware of how much oil naturally seeps in the oceans every day?    Have a gander at this study,. the sheer amount is surprising to say the least http://www.livescience.com/5422-natural-oil-spills-surprising-amount-seeps-sea.html

On 7/28/2016 at 11:21 AM, Merc14 said:

It is not hard to find all that info on those tests and neither is it hard to say you are wrong and you are a liar.  This is not the first time you have told a massive lie on this site and is the reason I confronted you.  As I said, no one will defend the open air tests of nuclear weapons most nuclearized countries participated in during the mid-20th century and after the fall out was tracked those tests were outlawed but your statement that the US dropped nuclear weapons on the native population of that island chain was a lie and a slur against the US.   Now that you have been caught in that outright lie, an apology is in order or you slink away and hide as you usually do when caught lying.

The U.S. military moved the people closest to the test area, but many other natives were not moved after they discovered the fallout had spread further than expected. That's easy to research, and hardly a "lie."

The natives have filed several lawsuits over the years. They're still trying to get compensation for negligence.

The same thing has happened at Fukushima. The extreme negligence there points to indifference to human life. There were monuments on the sides of the mountains showing how high the water had risen in past tsunamis.

So instead of calling me a "liar," you should consider why so little care is taken to protect people, who are in the way. Could it be that someone is lying to them?

49 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The U.S. military moved the people closest to the test area, but many other natives were not moved after they discovered the fallout had spread further than expected. That's easy to research, and hardly a "lie."

The natives have filed several lawsuits over the years. They're still trying to get compensation for negligence.

The same thing has happened at Fukushima. The extreme negligence there points to indifference to human life. There were monuments on the sides of the mountains showing how high the water had risen in past tsunamis.

So instead of calling me a "liar," you should consider why so little care is taken to protect people, who are in the way. Could it be that someone is lying to them?

Well now that you have delved into reality and are starting to see what really happened I congratulate you.  You are still a liar, however, because your initial post was NOT a nuanced examination of a culture destroyed by the vagaries of WWII and the following decade of nuclear testing but an accusation that the US dropped nuclear weapons on the residents of those islands. 

Edited by Merc14

21 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Well now that you have delved into reality and are starting to see what really happened I congratulate you.  You are still a liar, however, because your initial post was NOT a nuanced examination of a culture destroyed by the vagaries of WWII and the following decade of nuclear testing but an accusation that the US dropped nuclear weapons on the residents of those islands. 

So they moved a relative handful, while irradiating thousands of unsuspecting souls nearby. It was like a second Trail of Tears.

As far as my truth, perhaps you are unaware that Fukushima was a warning from the Spirit of Truth to all men, conveyed and argued right here, and here, ahead of the worst nuclear disaster in world history, and which I suspect the NSA has computed without any trouble. The odds of nailing the foreshock, that is, and I didn't just nail it, I spelled out what was about to happen in the form of a command line sequence.

You see, the earth is like a computer too, and it runs on software.

The sad truth, is that this wasn't a hack on the earth's system.  It was a command fed directly into your reality, for the purpose of creating change.

The happy truth is, the NSA is the only agency capable of fully contemplating the danger, because they too were hit with a unique disaster, named Edward Snowden, which is still causing waves.

I take no credit for any of this, beyond being a conduit for hopeful change.

Surely it should be expected, that if the world was in grave danger, and people were watching from above in fear, they might send someone to convey the risk?

It will be too late for Hollywood stories when the big mistake is made. The trail of tears will stretch across continents.

Edited by Raptor Witness

15 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

So they moved a relative handful, while irradiating thousands of unsuspecting souls nearby. It was like a second Trail of Tears.

As far as my truth, perhaps you are unaware that Fukushima was a warning from the Spirit of Truth to all men, conveyed and argued right here, and here, ahead of the worst nuclear disaster in world history, and which I suspect the NSA has computed without any trouble. The odds of nailing the foreshock, that is, and I didn't just nail it, I spelled out what was about to happen in the form of a command line sequence.

You see, the earth is like a computer too, and it runs on software.

The sad truth, is that this wasn't a hack on the earth's system.  It was a command fed directly into your reality, for the purpose of creating change.

The happy truth is, the NSA is the only agency capable of fully contemplating the danger, because they too were hit with a unique disaster, named Edward Snowden, which is still causing waves.

I take no credit for any of this, beyond being a conduit for hopeful change.

Surely it should be expected, that if the world was in grave danger, and people were watching from above in fear, they might send someone to convey the risk?

It will be too late for Hollywood stories when the big mistake is made. The trail of tears will stretch across continents.

They diidn't irradiate any native RW, you ar making things up.  You are a liar, plain and simple.  As for the rest of your silliness I won't bother commenting.