Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unknown voice in our video

Rhondata4

My husband was outside during  the afternoon shooting his slingshot.  The target is a moving piece of chalk. It was just the two of us in the backyard.  No neighbors around. I was sitting under the canopy near the cell phone that was taking the video.  We have a mister above our heads on the canopy, so the beginning of the video you might see some mist from it.

You will see that he is up at the target , about 7 seconds into the video there is an unexplained voice that sounds like it says "yeahhh and then a couple breaths."

We have a go-pro video right at the catch box where you can hear it also and can tell it is not my husband as his lips are closed. The cameras are 10 yards from each other

I am attaching both videos. What do you think?

My husband takes hundreds of videos of his slingshot shooting and has never had this happen before

My husband is a non believer of anything paranormal and is freaking out. He is trying his hardest to debunk it but cant

First up, on the first video I can just hear a vague 'phewww'-ish sound and then a couple of 'sighing' sounds - they don't sound necessarily human, might just be air pockets in your mister or who knows what else...  So I presume what you meant to say was that the "pheww" was the "Yeah", followed by a couple of breathlike sounds.  I was expecting to hear what you put in quotes, ie "yeahhh and then a couple breaths." :(

When I looked at the second video, I could hear absolutely nothing (other than the sounds he was making) at the same time (which would be about 12-13 seconds into the second video).

Which seems to be logical - the microphones on these devices are not particularly sensitive - the first sound was quite low level, yet distinct, so was most likely very near to the camera, in which case there is no way in heck the other would have caught it.

Sorry.

Wow - shooting sling-shots at swinging chalk is certainly a different past time for a relaxing afternoon in the backyard :)

Anyway's - in the second video - when your husband checked the string on the nail (into 0:9 /10....I did hear the "yeahhh" sound. But I do think it was him (as in talking under his breath) he was probably not even aware of it. Also does he smoke or suffer with asthma ? - as the breath sounded more like a deep 'wheeze' as he turned and walked away.

• Like 1

Thank you for the input and correction to what I heard. I will tell listen to them again. On the second video I didn't see him talking at all so I will review that again also

Yes. He is an avid Slingshot Shooter and maker of slingshots. One of the best in the world. He has a YouTube sight under the name Slingshotshooters. His aim is awesome and can even light a match while it is moving.

Thank ya'll again

Rhonda

6 hours ago, Astra. said:

Wow - shooting sling-shots at swinging chalk is certainly a different past time for a relaxing afternoon in the backyard :)

Anyway's - in the second video - when your husband checked the string on the nail (into 0:9 /10....I did hear the "yeahhh" sound. But I do think it was him (as in talking under his breath) he was probably not even aware of it. Also does he smoke or suffer with asthma ? - as the breath sounded more like a deep 'wheeze' as he turned and walked away.

yes, he LOVEs his slingshot shooting.  does it daily.

Anyways, I looked at the second video again and still swear his mouth was closed when the noise came out..... and also, I wonder IF IT WAS him talking under his breath, you would think that you would be able to hear it better/louder, than the noise we hear from the other camera 10 yards away. 

7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

First up, on the first video I can just hear a vague 'phewww'-ish sound and then a couple of 'sighing' sounds - they don't sound necessarily human, might just be air pockets in your mister or who knows what else...  So I presume what you meant to say was that the "pheww" was the "Yeah", followed by a couple of breathlike sounds.  I was expecting to hear what you put in quotes, ie "yeahhh and then a couple breaths." :(

When I looked at the second video, I could hear absolutely nothing (other than the sounds he was making) at the same time (which would be about 12-13 seconds into the second video).

Which seems to be logical - the microphones on these devices are not particularly sensitive - the first sound was quite low level, yet distinct, so was most likely very near to the camera, in which case there is no way in heck the other would have caught it.

Sorry.

Like you said:  "Which seems to be logical - the microphones on these devices are not particularly sensitive - the first sound was quite low level, yet distinct, so was most likely very near to the camera, in which case there is no way in heck the other would have caught it."

THAT MAKES SENSE, but BOTH camera caught the noise.  It wasn't as loud at the actual target box.

I still hear it saying ' yeahhhhh, but that is why I came on this forum, to get other input.

:D

Just now, Rhondata4 said:

yes, he LOVEs his slingshot shooting.  does it daily.

Anyways, I looked at the second video again and still swear his mouth was closed when the noise came out..... and also, I wonder IF IT WAS him talking under his breath, you would think that you would be able to hear it better/louder, than the noise we hear from the other camera 10 yards away. 

Primitive survival skills are important to have, good on him. 

Whats on the other side of the wall? Is it possible the noise is coming from  a passerby? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Primitive survival skills are important to have, good on him. 

Whats on the other side of the wall? Is it possible the noise is coming from  a passerby? 

the other side of the target box is the front yard / street.  we don't get much traffic in our neighborhood, it is pretty quiet and if someone DOES walk past, our little Chihuahua hears them and starts barking.  I don't recall seeing anyone walk by and I know it wasn't our next door neighbors as I saw them leave their house early.   but whose to say?

• Like 1