Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

True unexplained occurances

Enigma007

I remember that weekend very vividly ! My fascination for paranormal stuff - mysteries, the unknown etc. took a serious 'boost' when my father bared before us (me, mom and my brother), couple of 'unexplained' incidents  that he had been involved with, during his early school/college days ! His 'revelation' came one Saturday night, after I went ranting about chills I had experienced watching the movie "Omen-1"  with my friends the earlier day.  Looking at the excitement on my face and knowing that I always 'feasted' on anything 'out-of-the-ordinary', dad narrated his very own chilling personal account ! To me it was like "coming out of the blue", because dad never suscribes to paranormal stuff, he would never show any interest or take fancy for these. But we always knew that my grandfather was different. He would always tell, "There are spirits, not everything can be explained by science and logic".
Anyways, let me dive into the relevant quickly. I shall elicit here, one of the two spooky accounts in which both my dad and grandpa were involved. No explanation has been fetched to explain the below weird occurances !
-------
Rewinding back in time to the early 1940's, the place a small village where my father was born in Kerala (India). My father was a small boy then, about 5 years old. His father (my grandfather) had moved in with his family to a new house just a few days back as he wanted to get stay closer to where he worked - he was a school teacher !  Those days, it was a standard practice for people to hit the sack early at night. After sunset, folks at home generally would have a small prayer session, followed by light dinner then its bed time ! Children used to be first fed followed by elders. So that night, as usual by 8:30, all night-lights were extinguished and everyone was off to bed.  Then at approximately an hour later, the 5 year old (my dad) suddenly woke up from sleep, crying and started waffling some strange words. He complained about insects flying everywhere around him ! There was nothig around though  this bizzare behaviour went on for about 10 minutes until my granny managed to calm down the boy and managed to put him back to sleep ! My grandparents felt the small boy would have probably had a bad dream. No big deal.
Then the following night, the small boy again woke up at night, repeating what he had done the night before - lots of insects flying around him ! Strange, just did not make any sense, though he soon went back to sleep. 
Not much though was put into this until..........the very next day, an elderly lady living alone in the neighbourhood, woke up from her sleep in the dead of night, screaming on top of her voice about insects flying around her !! And guess what.........an hour later, the lady collapsed and died !
Not this shook my grandfather, got him very unsettled ! He straight away took the call to leave the house....something inside him asked him to quit the place immediately, with his family ! The house landlord was called and the decision to move out of the place was made. My grandpa with his family moved to a house that was known to one of his friends !
There was nothing untoward heard later. Then years later, my father learnt that after the bizzare happenings, both those houses remained vacant for long periods before they were demolished......!
---------
After I listening to this, we were dumb-founded and asked dad what he made out of it. He just smiled and said, "Well, I was small then and honestly don't remember much. But yes, this obviously did happen. You may ask your grandpa, probably he may have some answers !?"
So, excited and hoping to hear more, I confronted my grandpa on this, but he too did not have anyting more to add and mentioned to me that there are some places/incidents which simply are beyond the scope of man's reasoning or understanding, so its better to leave them that way, not to mess with them !

Pretty spooky !

Thanks for sharing your story.  Very weird your dad experienced the same thing the lady did right before she died.

• Like 1