Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BLM Attempts to Burn French Town

Dark_Grey

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

There was a valid reason for protesting. 

There may have been a valid reason for protesting (or not) but there certainly was no valid reason for violence. As far as I am concerned people can protest whatever they want, regardless of the reason, but violence of any kind is taking it to far. No one has that right.

• Like 1

Just now, Child of Bast said:

So can someone tell me why "news" sites like Brietbart and Infowars are more believable than a news website within the country that this event is happening? What do these "news" sites know that the French news outlets don't know? Perhaps the truth that these American "news" sites always prefer to ignore?

Because in the 21st century its much easier to be affirmed by news than it is to be informed. 

Just now, Zenith said:

There may have been a valid reason for protesting (or not) but there certainly was no valid reason for violence. As far as I am concerned people can protest whatever they want, regardless of the reason, but violence of any kind is taking it to far. No one has that right.

And I said that anyone who becomes violent should be arrested.

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Because in the 21st century its much easier to be affirmed by news than it is to be informed. 

And therefore, it seems, that everybody seems to have his/her own "reality" that has nothing to do with any real events.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

And I said that anyone who becomes violent should be arrested.

Weird I didn't see the first part of your post. Might have been pushed up on the screen, sorry.

13 minutes ago, Child of Bast said:

So can someone tell me why "news" sites like Brietbart and Infowars are more believable than a news website within the country that this event happened?

Because they're not Islamic apologists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Because they're not Islamic apologists.

Or in plain English: They tell you what you want to hear, regardless if factual or even verosimile? Why don't you guys just get yourself a novel instead of reading "news" of that type? At least you would know for certain that you are reading fiction.

• Like 1

Protests continued for the third night in Beaumont-sur-Oise, north of Paris, in response to the death of a young Black Muslim man who died while in police custody Tuesday. Authorities claim that Adama Traore died due to an infection, but protesters and his family say they want to find the truth.

Members of Traore’s family said he appeared to have been killed by police. Authorities claimed that an autopsy showed that he “fainted during the ride” whilst he was suffering from a “very serious infection,” France 24 reported.Traore, 24, died on Tuesday night while being driven to a police station after he was arrested by police for interfering with the arrest of his brother-in-law who was involved in an extortion case.

Traore’s brother, Baguy, said that he saw his Adama lying on the ground and a police officer with blood on his shirt saying that he was pretending.

Protesters say that Traore was a healthy young man and suspect a cover-up, while the mainstream French media has covered the subsequent riots instead of Traore’s death.

cont...

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/French-Take-to-Streets-After-Black-Man-Dies-in-Police-Custody-20160722-0008.html

French news source.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Violence erupted in the northern suburbs of Paris for a second night in a row, with 15 cars set ablaze by residents furious over the death of a young man in police custody, officials said Thursday.

The unrest began on Tuesday night after it emerged that Adama, 24, whose surname was not given, had died shortly after being arrested in the town of Beaumont-sur-Oise.

He was taken into custody after interfering in the arrest of his brother in a case of extortion, said a source close to the investigation.

Local prosecutor Yves Jannier said Adama "fainted during the ride" to the police station, and paramedics were called immediately but were unable to revive him.

On Tuesday night five members of the paramilitary police were injured in clashes, and nine cars set on fire, while several public buildings were damaged. One person was arrested.

cont...

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160721/clashes-in-paris-suburbs-after-man-dies-in-police-costody

Also, French news source.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

I think we should be careful about ascribing the acts of a few on the movement as a whole.

Perhaps not.  If the group is treated a certain way for the acts of a few, then perhaps the onus will be on the group to police their own.  The group can no longer renege on their responsibility.  No more excuses for rouge violence.

People who become violent should be arrested.

At the very least.

Should the civil rights protests have been shut down because a minority of protesters became violent?

That was a different time.  The intensity of violent individuals is more extreme today, brought on by divisive leadership.

There was a valid reason for protesting.

There always is.

What sort of animal attempts to burn down a library?

that indignation aside, stuff getting set alight is terribly common in French protests. And French celebrations. So putting the blame for fires on BLM isn't entirely plausible. Maybe they're just taking advantage of the chaos to promote their message.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Child of Bast said:

So can someone tell me why "news" sites like CNN and FOX News are more believable than a news website within the country that this event happened? What do these "news" sites know that the French news outlets don't know? Perhaps the truth that these American "news" sites always prefer to ignore?

A small thought-experiment. I'm not sure why so much credence is being thrown behind the MSM when we all know they aren't any more trust-worthy than thisisnotahatesite.com.

Are we really going to pretend they don't have donors or an agenda? Or do we only trust the MSM when the narrative fits the thread? I'm going to need a dump truck to haul these double-standards out of here.

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

A small thought-experiment. I'm not sure why so much credence is being thrown behind the MSM when we all know they aren't any more trust-worthy than thisisnotahatesite.com.

Are we really going to pretend they don't have donors or an agenda? Or do we only trust the MSM when the narrative fits the thread? I'm going to need a dump truck to haul these double-standards out of here.

Regardless of how you might feel about the MSM, they still have to vet their stories. That's not a requirement of conspiracy sites and tabloids. No matter how much Trump tries to equate the latter to valid sources, they're obviously not equal. 

8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

It's not like they haven't been caught outright fabricating stories or anything.;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Regardless of how you might feel about the MSM, they still have to vet their stories. That's not a requirement of conspiracy sites and tabloids. No matter how much Trump tries to equate the latter to valid sources, they're obviously not equal. 

My feelings about the MSM are born entirely from proven facts, not suspicion. Also, not sure what 3rd party sources Trump has quoted.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lord Fedorable said:

What sort of animal attempts to burn down a library?

Not to mention a preschool.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

My feelings about the MSM are born entirely from proven facts, not suspicion. Also, not sure what 3rd party sources Trump has quoted.

This article articulates fairly well the difference between MSM and tabloids. Tabloids go to print with rumors and speculation. If the MSM goes to print over something that's just speculation or rumor...especially regarding accusing someone of something criminal...they can be sued. The Enquirer actually never made the claim in their article that the person in the photo was Ted Cruz's father. Only that the person in the photo appeared similar. Trump actually did make the claim that it was Ted Cruz's father. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiM__OMhZLOAhXEbSYKHYXRAgYQFgg0MAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Felections%2F2016%2F05%2F03%2Ffact-check-donald-trump-ted-cruz-rafael-cruz-lee-harvey-oswald%2F83896160%2F&usg=AFQjCNFBoz5coxnaNMVxiXCpZLkIWZiwrg

Internal whistleblowing on CNN's coverage of the Bahrain protests[edit]

On September 5, 2012 with the help of journalist Glenn Greenwald, Lyon exposed that CNN International never aired her documentary, iRevolution, on the Bahrain uprising. In an article by Greenwald in The Guardian newspaper, Lyon accuses the network of censoring the documentary because the Bahrain regime is a paying customer at the network.[3] The article also exposes that the government of Bahrain, as well as other governments throughout the world, are paying CNN for special content casting their countries in a positive light.[3][26]

On September 29, 2012, Lyon appeared on the Infowars program. She described her investigation of how the US ally Bahrain was committing human rights abuses, but said that CNN and the US government pressured her to suppress the news.[36] She said that Bahrain paid CNN for positive news coverage.[37] Lyon said that Kazakhstan and Georgia also paid for positive coverage by CNN.[38]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Lyon