Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fiat Chrysler Invests $1.5 Billion

questionmark

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV will invest $1.48 billion to retool a Michigan assembly plant to make the Ram 1500 full-size pickup as truck models continue to gain favor in the U.S. market.

The Sterling Heights Assembly Plant will end production in December of the Chrysler 200 sedan, the car celebrated in a 2011 Super Bowl commercial that featured rapper Eminem, to make way for pickup output. Earlier this month, the Italian-American automaker said it would invest $1 billion in Toledo, Ohio, and Belvidere, Illinois, to increase Jeep sport utility vehicle production.

Jeep and Ram both posted U.S. sales gains in the first half, with Ram trucks recording an 11 percent gain and the SUV brand jumping 17 percent. Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne said in January that a permanent shift in consumer tastes was leading the company to end production of the midsize 200 and the compact Dodge Dart to focus on light trucks.

Read more in Bloomberg

• Like 1

It's odd to me that as the price of gas goes up, trucks get bigger and more people want them. I don't think there is any problem with wages in the middle-class.

26 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

It's odd to me that as the price of gas goes up, trucks get bigger and more people want them. I don't think there is any problem with wages in the middle-class.

Where is your proof that it's the middle-class buying this POS?

12 minutes ago, Child of Bast said:

Its too expensive for the lower class and the upper class dont (have to) buy such lemons.

20 minutes ago, Child of Bast said:

Is that a serious question? Who do you think they price these trucks for?

35-60g iirc,  that excludes base, 2wd models, those go for less, 

poor people buy them used, rich, buy top trims, and put in another 10-20g on all bells and whistles. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1