Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Since a child

Cryptozoology1Fan

I first saw this famous and utterly amazing footage on a UK TV show called Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World and it changed my life. Before that I was an innocent nine year old child who love cowboy movies,playing with toy guns and doing average kid things that a kid in the UK in the 70's did. Once I watched that short bit of film all I wanted was to find out more and more not just about Bigfoot but anything that's yet to be discovered. Less than one hundred years ago the world didn't yet know about many animals (Panda,Gorilla). My love for Cryptozoology has no bounds and would love nothing more than to go on a fact finding mission in Washington State and British Columbia to find real evidence and prove to myself that the Patterson/Gimlin footage is 100% real as I know it is.

Welcome to UM, Cryptozoology1Fan :st

Brace yourself for some not-so-polite replies to your first post here :( ....... but don't take it personally. Try to see beyond the rudeness!

Have fun here :yes:

• Like 3

Actually, giant pandas were first discovered by the West in 1869, and Western Gorillas were discovered by the west in 1847. Easter and Mountain gorillas was 1903.

Welcome to UM, please take time to read the site rules, and enjoy your time here :st

Hi Cryptozoology, a Warm Welcome to UM, I wish you a Wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey here. 

6 hours ago, Cryptozoology1Fan said:

I first saw this famous and utterly amazing footage on a UK TV show called Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World and it changed my life. Before that I was an innocent nine year old child who love cowboy movies,playing with toy guns and doing average kid things that a kid in the UK in the 70's did. Once I watched that short bit of film all I wanted was to find out more and more not just about Bigfoot but anything that's yet to be discovered. Less than one hundred years ago the world didn't yet know about many animals (Panda,Gorilla). My love for Cryptozoology has no bounds and would love nothing more than to go on a fact finding mission in Washington State and British Columbia to find real evidence and prove to myself that the Patterson/Gimlin footage is 100% real as I know it is.

I live in British Columbia. Trust me, nobody thinks that sasquatches are complete BS more than we do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Podo said:

I live in British Columbia. Trust me, nobody thinks that sasquatches are complete BS more than we do.

I live in BC, too.  I would not agree with you there.  I know 2 people who swear on their lives that they saw a creature that was not a bear but was huge and standing upright in the woods.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I live in BC, too.  I would not agree with you there.  I know 2 people who swear on their lives that they saw a creature that was not a bear but was huge and standing upright in the woods.  

I know people who claim to have seen them, too. That doesn't mean that the majority of people don't think that the stories are entirely BS.

Maybe it depends on where you live.  I live in the boonies.  City people seem to have a different outlook.  People who live in the woods in the Interior don't discount things as often as the city folk. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cryptozoology1Fan said:

Welcome to UM.  Which evidence of Bigfoot do you find the most compelling? 

4 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Maybe it depends on where you live.  I live in the boonies.  City people seem to have a different outlook.  People who live in the woods in the Interior don't discount things as often as the city folk. 

I'm a city-dweller, but my spare time is generally spent in the middle of nowhere camping or fishing or somesuch. I awkwardly balance both worlds, and I don't believe for a second that sasquatches are living in BC. There's just no way.

• Like 2

I used to believe in the popular cryptids, untill I came to the realization that the evidence for them is dubious, and nonexistent. In other words I wanted to believe instead of accepting what was really true.

bionic-bigfoot-drag-race.jpg

On 7/27/2016 at 4:15 AM, ouija ouija said:

Welcome to UM, Cryptozoology1Fan :st

Brace yourself for some not-so-polite replies to your first post here :( ....... but don't take it personally. Try to see beyond the rudeness!

Have fun here :yes:

Ditto that post.  It seems I'm not the only one that sees the issue..  Welcome aboard ouija ouija.

On 7/27/2016 at 9:06 AM, Podo said:

We?  You represent ALL of British Columbia...I suppose the entire Pacific Northwest too.  Then why when I look at a Bigfoot sightings map, it looks like "your" region has a serious case of the measles? :blink:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SSilhouette said:

We?  You represent ALL of British Columbia...I suppose the entire Pacific Northwest too.  Then why when I look at a Bigfoot sightings map, it looks like "your" region has a serious case of the measles? :blink:

The vast majority of people here either think that sasquatch isn't a thing, don't think about it at all, or consider it in the realm of native lore. We have a lot of wilderness and a very low population. Lots of crazies live out in the boonies and claim all manner of madness. Doesn't mean that sasquatches aren't something of a joke around here. How many times have you been to BC, hm? You've seen all the sasquatch jokes, and all the stylized sasquatch garbage that is sold to tourists? Of course there are some people who believe in it, but they're a super tiny minority. Certainly a small enough minority that Cryptozoology1Fan won't "find sasquatch for good" if he comes here, like he said he wanted to do. 

Edited by Podo

16 hours ago, Podo said:

The vast majority of people here either think that sasquatch isn't a thing, don't think about it at all, or consider it in the realm of native lore. We have a lot of wilderness and a very low population. Lots of crazies live out in the boonies and claim all manner of madness. Doesn't mean that sasquatches aren't something of a joke around here. How many times have you been to BC, hm? You've seen all the sasquatch jokes, and all the stylized sasquatch garbage that is sold to tourists? Of course there are some people who believe in it, but they're a super tiny minority. Certainly a small enough minority that Cryptozoology1Fan won't "find sasquatch for good" if he comes here, like he said he wanted to do. 

Once.  But I live in the PNW so...same stories circulating everywhere around here.  Again, our map for its share of North American BF sightings looks like it has a case of the measles.  Been to BC once.  You're right about the crazies..that and Seattle...riddled with meth heads and heroin addicts.  All that rain I suppose gets inside the mind.  But still, most sightings are reported by non-crazies...hunters, loggers, fishermen, families on vacation in National and State parks, backpackers, skiers.  You don't see meth heads doing too many of those activities...except maybe logging..lol..That's a rough job and I can see their temptation to use artificial stimulants. 

16 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

Tourists.