Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bride trashes wedding dress for more memories

Still Waters

Most new brides lovingly store away their pristine wedding dress in a box after their big day and tuck it away somewhere safe.

But Sammy Birnie and husband Mike decided to instead "trash the dress" in a colourful photoshoot in Aberdeenshire woodland.

They said this was to give them even more memories of their marriage.

A quad bike driven by the groom covered the bride in mud, and they also sprayed each other in paint and champagne.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-36912856

• Like 4

Oh dear ... what did mummy say ... ?

~

• Like 2

I would never ruin my wedding dress. Even if I wear it for one day. Besides you're throwing away thousands of dollars.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Princess Serenity said:

I would never ruin my wedding dress. Even if I wear it for one day. Besides you're throwing away thousands of dollars.

Not every dress costs thousands of dollars.

• Like 3

Trashy woman might want the husband along with the dress ... or maybe she won't ... maybe if it was for one day the husband might think about ... or better not

~ :D

• Like 2

Well, that's a different approach.

I guess it's her dress...she can do with it what she wants. 

I know a lot of people save theirs, but the likelihood that someday someone else in your family is going to a) have the same taste and b ) be the same size is unlikely. It can be a keepsake if you have room for it, but who ever even gets the thing out and looks at it again? That's probably rare, and if you do, after 40 years or so it's just gonna be depressing because you won't fit in it or even if you do, you aren't in your 20's anymore. Lol. 

You could donate it to Goodwill or some other thrift store, but that isn't nearly as much fun as what she did. I'd say whatever she spent, she got her money's worth out of the thing.

• Like 1

I agree, it's her dress and she can do what she wants with it.  I still have my wedding dress, just not sure what to do with it.  I'm thinking of taking it to a thrift store, which is where I bought it years ago and added some to it.  Spent maybe $25.00 total so I may as well pass it on to another bride-to-be who doesn't want to spend a fortune on a dress.