Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China launching quantum experiment satellite

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/chinas-launch-of-a-quantumenabled-satellite-could-spark-a-new-global-space-race/news-story/2fb8589bd0d1a23c5745fc70f0101ea2

CHINA is on the brink of launching a groundbreaking new satellite capable of conducting quantum experiments in space, leading some to predict it will usher in the beginning of a new space race.

The world will be watching very closely after the Chinese-led satellite launches in August. If it proves successful in carrying out the quantum experiments, China is expected to follow it with many more in a bid to create a super secure network that uses an encryption technique based on the principles of quantum communication.

• Like 2

I'm all for a new space race as long as it isn't satellite-based weaponry.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sounds great but it's not in our hands so any advance on China's behalf in the next generation of advanced technologies would be a huge minus where the United States are concerned. Are they ahead of us or behind of us? You can't really distinctly know. Interesting info though.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:00 PM, Wickian said:

I'm all for a new space race as long as it isn't satellite-based weaponry.

i'm with you on that