Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the year American's rebel again?

and-then

This may be the year when we split as a nation.  Those who work and create finally rebelling against those who take and offer nothing but hate, divisiveness and violence.  If Trump is elected I fully expect violence from the Left.  That should surprise no one.  What may surprise many in our country is what may happen if "queen of all she surveys" is elected.  I think those who actually work and produce may have reached their limit and be willing to risk much to throw off the yoke.  Either way, it looks like tough times ahead.  Think a moment of what is really being decided.  No one is really sure WHAT Trump will do.  EVERYONE knows what Hildebeast is about.  Just how much longer are those who work and produce, expected to just keep taking whatever the Left demands of them?  We are told we don't do enough, pay enough or feel properly guilty for our ideas, our very existence.  About half the population seems to feel this way about the other half.  

On a more humorous note - the best election slogan I've seen so far is Greenman's God's AV.  "GIANT METEOR, 2016, Just end it already!"  Sums it up for me, for sure.  I actually had a few printed up as bumper stickers. :)

• Like 5

They seem to constantly post election odds, what are the odds if a rebellion does happen, who is the favorite. I guess the gun toting bible thumping crowd (which includes most of the military) is the favored group. The give everything that you have earned away to those who don't earn it group will probably lose in my opinion, but I could be wrong.

14 minutes ago, and then said:

Just how much longer are those who work and produce, expected to just keep taking whatever the Left demands of them?  We are told we don't do enough, pay enough or feel properly guilty for our ideas, our very existence.  About half the population seems to feel this way about the other half.  :)

That's basically the plot of atlas shrugged summed up

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

That's basically the plot of atlas shrugged summed up

Really?  I'll have to read it someday.  Not sure who wrote it but he was ahead of his time, apparently.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, and then said:

Really?  I'll have to read it someday.  Not sure who wrote it but he was ahead of his time, apparently.

Any Rand was a woman and she was nucking futs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Notwithstanding, you believe the citizens of the US will trudge along indefinitely, bowing lower and lower under leaders who demand much and give no help to those who actually produce and that there will never be violent consequences for this?  Really?  Friend you do not understand Americans nearly as well as you think.

• Like 2

After the election, whoever wins, I'll do the same thing I've always done; get gloriously drunk and play this song,  https://youtu.be/1XLMo524tPs

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, and then said:

Notwithstanding, you believe the citizens of the US will trudge along indefinitely, bowing lower and lower under leaders who demand much and give no help to those who actually produce and that there will never be violent consequences for this?  Really?  Friend you do not understand Americans nearly as well as you think.

where the Bollox did I say that?

i think that when you rise up, you'll be stomped down, and the rest of us will be bricking it worrying what your government will do next.

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

After the election, whoever wins, I'll do the same thing I've always done; get gloriously drunk and play this song,  https://youtu.be/1XLMo524tPs

If you represent the majority then we'll be begging for scraps before too much longer.  No offense guy but it's inaction like that from way too many of us - yes, me also - that have gotten us to the point where an active enabler of a criminal sex addict is about to become POTUS.  This one MATTERS.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lord Fedorable said:

i think that when you rise up, you'll be stomped down, and the rest of us will be bricking it worrying what your government will do next.

I'd hell of a lot rather get stomped than to just lie prostrate and beg for what ever the government offers.  Violence will solve little, that I admit.  But there are other ways to cripple such a despotic government and when enough people have had enough then we'll see those options come forward.  You forget or don't appreciate that this country was founded by hard headed, willful people who didn't play well with others telling them everything they would and would not do.  Taxation without representation?  How about CONFISCATION without end?  And maybe the rest of the world would have a better time of it when the average American began to be more in control again.  Ever consider THAT aspect of rebellion?  If you think most Americans support the idiotic foreign "policy" of this administration then you're daft.  One thing's sure, if she gets elected you'll see more of the same or worse.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, and then said:

If you represent the majority then we'll be begging for scraps before too much longer.  No offense guy but it's inaction like that from way too many of us - yes, me also - that have gotten us to the point where an active enabler of a criminal sex addict is about to become POTUS.  This one MATTERS.

What!?!? You need to sit down, drink a six-pack and chill, dude. The only intelligent choice in this election is: NONE OF THE ABOVE. All anyone has to vote for this time is their party.:rolleyes:

I have no idea how anyone else will vote but there is no way in Hades that i will vote for either one of them. so i will either write my name in ( knowing that it is a wasted vote), or choose a third party candidate. 

Edited by mysticwerewolf
punctuation
  • Like 1

Okay.  Watch what unfolds in the coming months and get back to me.  BTW, I'm a recovering alcoholic so I'll pass on the six but I get your point :) 

• Like 1

Business as usual is all I foresee. If you don't like the person in the Whitehouse, you empower the other party in the legislative branch. Optimists and pessimists vote, while realists and apathetics exercise their right as Americans to NOT participate in politics, at all. Voters see Republicans and Democrats whereas all they see are sleazy politicians. It can't get any sleazier than this election; the Clintons versus the Donald. Will America survive? Of course it will. The Presidency tends to mold the person, not visa versa.

• Like 1

Yeh, well: get yourself a tinhead and get a gun and off you go to the war.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Meh everyone has their own views.

She was Russian and immigrated to the US alittle bit after the rise of the Soviet Union. Most of her views are from witnessing the rise of the soviets and watching her family loose everything. She came to the US and was worried that the same could happen. You may not like her but you can see its understandable why she had the views she did.

I think she's a little extreme on things,shes a little too social darwinism but I do like alot of the stuff she says in her book.

She had a cult following and still does. Never really received well because the left hates her and the right at the time didn't like her because she was very against religon of any kind. She saw religon as the same as she saw the soviets, just another system trying to control people. 

@andthen 

A good way to see what she thinks is just to look up any rand quotes and see what pops up

Edited by spartan max2

11 hours ago, and then said:

This may be the year when we split as a nation.

I hope not.  We're still all Americans, that should be enough to keep us united....though:

Those who work and create finally rebelling against those who take and offer nothing but hate, divisiveness and violence

...I can't say that I would be surprised.  I know I'm fed up.

If Trump is elected I fully expect violence from the Left.  That should surprise no one.  What may surprise many in our country is what may happen if "queen of all she surveys" is elected.  I think those who actually work and produce may have reached their limit and be willing to risk much to throw off the yoke.

What about those that worked and are disabled...getting sick and tired of seeing those that can work but don't, and instead leach off of the honest and hard working?

Either way, it looks like tough times ahead.  Think a moment of what is really being decided.  No one is really sure WHAT Trump will do.  EVERYONE knows what Hildebeast is about.  Just how much longer are those who work and produce, expected to just keep taking whatever the Left demands of them?  We are told we don't do enough, pay enough or feel properly guilty for our ideas, our very existence.  About half the population seems to feel this way about the other half.  

On a more humorous note - the best election slogan I've seen so far is Greenman's God's AV.  "GIANT METEOR, 2016, Just end it already!"  Sums it up for me, for sure.  I actually had a few printed up as bumper stickers. :)

:) 

Honestly, though, I don't think it will lead in outright civil war.  I'm sure there will be violence from the left--that's a given.  And I'm sure it will be worse than ever, but I'm confident (foolishly, perhaps) that we won't descend into hell and become like other nations on the Earth.  We're Americans...that means a lot more than just being citizens of some country.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Stomped down by who?  The government would rely on a military that is in their sights as well.  And the 2nd Amendment guarantees that the citizens of this country can it and defend it well in case of the OP's wild scenario actually coming true.

Besides, at least the US citizens would do something about it.  You'd prefer that citizens were good little sheep that obeyed without question?

It's odd...when Americans fight against someone, it's "you can't win, the enemies will just melt into the population, it'll be guerrilla warfare, blah blah blah, bleat bleat bleat."  But when it's US citizens doing the same thing (armed better than most other countries in the world), they'll get stomped flat by that same US military and wouldn't stand a chance.  The hypocrisy is getting deep and stinky here.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 8

Here is a good Ayn Rand quote

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.

and another

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.

And another

Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 8

54 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

I hope not.

The only thing that will be holding it together will be a police state.  That’s pretty much what the Progressives want.  Most people don’t see that because they are Ignorant or Apathetic.  That puts them in bed with the Anarchists.  Those are the people trying to destroy this nation and remake it with fundamental change.  If you listen to other peoples, like those that lived in Germany in the 20s and 30s, Cubans in the 60s, Ukrainians after the Revolution will all say the same thing and that they see it going on in this nation today – right now.  We saw it last night on stage and most were oblivious to it.

We're still all Americans, that should be enough to keep us united....though:...I can't say that I would be surprised.  I know I'm fed up.

No, we’re not still Americans.  We are only a collective of special interest groups being kept at each other’s throats by divisiveness from Progressives.  The Right is completely incapable of combating that because they think that just returning to the principles of the Founding Fathers without sacrifice will do it.  I think at this point, as John Brown had put, only the spilling of blood will fix it.  This great experiment requires a high price.  At least, I think it worth the price provided enough people exhibit American Exceptionalism.

But it is difficult when you have the leadership at the top constantly telling you that ‘you didn’t build it”.  That’s the old story that if you tell someone that they are not good enough, they will begin to believe it.  And then when you start believing that, the Progressives can come in and say they will take care of you.  Americans, by nature do not need anyone to take care of them.  I must ask the Left here; do you not see this happening?  This is what the Progressives have done to the Blacks for the last 50 years, keeping them trapped in the inner city plantation.

You heard Hilary’s speech last night.  She’s going to fight for you, fight for me, fight for this group, and fight for that group, and fight, fight, fight.  This kind of rhetoric is what divides us.  When is she going to fight for American Exceptionalism?  The Progressives then play on old fears and stereotypes to keep each group separated from the other.  BLM is one example.  This group gets worked up because of decades of abuse, partly because it was established by the Progressives and partly because of their own fault.  They allow the government to treat them as sheep.

You always hear representatives of BLM state, in regards to the violence that is initiated in their name, that that doesn’t represent the BLM movement, etc., etc.  Well yes it does.  All it takes is one person to commit a crime in the name of the group and all are guilty.  The progressives will try to say that you can’t paint the group with such a broad brush.  But yes you can.  The group must police their own or you have anarchy.  Oops, that’s what the Progressives want.  That keeps us divided.  It comes down to which group do you want to be associated with?  BLM or American?

The progressives are pulling out all the stops now.  Another way they divide us is by with giving groups special privileges.  Tell me the truth, is it really a life and death struggle as far as being able to use one bathroom or another?  This really isn’t a LBGT issue but the Progressives are playing us against religion and society itself.  I consider myself a Christian.  A heretic Christian but a Christian none-the-less.  I could care less what your preference is but I am highly offended that you feel that you should have special privileges.  Jesus came to remove such divisiveness but the Progressives use it masterfully.

I think I’m rambling too much.  I don’t have the time today to write this better but I felt I needed to get this out in whatever form I can.  I think this is what is needed.  Even though this may not be clear, people just need to rise up and sound the alarm before it is too late.

• Like 3

You know. If Hillary wins, and wants to enact gun-control, by taking it away. Yes, I could see a revolution. Many countries have been disarmed and maybe that works for them. But the framers of the constitution foresaw that, and added the second amendment for the people, and to warn future leaders.

Here is the oath she would take: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

So if she creates a revolution,by taking away constitutional rights and then loses. Try her for treason. And just so no one thinks I'm picking on Hillary, let that stand for any future president.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."

Great quote, and so true.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

You know. If Hillary wins, and wants to enact gun-control, by taking it away. Yes, I could see a revolution. Many countries have been disarmed and maybe that works for them. But the framers of the constitution foresaw that, and added the second amendment for the people, and to warn future leaders.

And the Progressives have had over 100 years to figure a way around that.  And now, I think they’ve got it.

From her acceptance speech:

I'm not here to repeal the 2nd Amendment.  I'm not here to take away your guns.  I just don't want you to be shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun in the first place.  We should be working with responsible gun owners to pass common-sense reforms and keep guns out of the hands of criminals, terrorists and all others who would do us harm.

So what kind of reforms?  Get the responsible gun owners to shaft themselves.  It’s always that “all others” that get you.  Compile lists of criminals, terrorists, psychotics, etc. from law enforcement, the medical field, and others.  Or that’s how it starts out, something that sounds reasonable but remains subjective to authority.  Then they will expand the requirements of each of these lists to include maybe veterans, registered Republicans that own guns and believe in GOD, etc.  It’ll be like the IPAB – in fact it will probably be that very body.  Gun violence will be controlled through healthcare. 

But you see there will be no end to how far these lists will go.  You get p***ed off and yell, I’m going to kill you.  You’re just blowing off steam in a healthy manner but you’ll be arrested, examined, have your name added to a list, and your guns taken away.  That’s how it will be done, just like any authoritarian state has controlled the people.  That’s the very reason our Founding Fathers started a Revolution.  Do we need another one to stop this?  Does anybody care?  This is what Franklin meant when he said “A Republic, if you can keep it”.  And it’s actively being dismantled before our eyes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

No, we’re not still Americans.

Okay, tell you what then.  You can be as un-American as you want to.  I am American.  And am still very damned proud of it.  I'm sure the majority will agree with me.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Okay, tell you what then.  You can be as un-American as you want to.  I am American.  And am still very damned proud of it.  I'm sure the majority will agree with me.

If I may, and RH can correct me if I stray, he doesn't mean we don't still have citizens who know what being an American means, or who still treasure that identity.  I think he means that the country's population as a whole has now been dumbed down, diluted with illegal immigrants who have no intention of being a productive American and of course the Liberal ideology that drives the sentiment that everyone on the planet has a RIGHT to be here and be taken care of by US citizens has taken such hold that those who wish to return to a Constitutional government are in the minority now.  I wasn't kidding yesterday when I quipped that I'd been banned from an ABC discussion.  I mentioned essentially what this thread is about and made two or three comments and BOOM!  The rabid Lefties came out and within 5 minutes every trace of my thoughts were down the memory hole.  I used no profanity and I called NO ONE to any kind of action.  I simply laid out the future I saw if that witch wins.  I wish I had never read HILLARY'S AMERICA.  It's like learning some awful truth about something one cannot forget and cannot do anything to stop.  The coolest thing of all would be for a Conservative movement to form that exclusively used MLK style non violence to revolt.  At least until she's fool enough to try to begin dismantling the Second Amendment.

• Like 3