Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the year American's rebel again?

and-then

Whatever happens, remember that information is our greatest weapon and it must be protected at all costs. The Internet is greatly influencing this election as every morsel of new information is absorbed by the public as soon as it surfaces. In every day browsing I'm seeing memes and comments about Hillary's email scandal. Large numbers of people are waking up as the hunger for more dirt on the wonky candidates requires us to dig deep in to politics. Every tiny movement, literally, is being analyzed which again serves the greater purpose of exposing the game. I can't imagine how that's going to accelerate after the election.

There's no telling who the 2020 POTUS will be, but we can be sure that no one in this country will be looking at the government the same way again. Take from that what you will.

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Whatever happens, remember that information is our greatest weapon and it must be protected at all costs. The Internet is greatly influencing this election as every morsel of new information is absorbed by the public as soon as it surfaces. In every day browsing I'm seeing memes and comments about Hillary's email scandal. Large numbers of people are waking up as the hunger for more dirt on the wonky candidates requires us to dig deep in to politics. Every tiny movement, literally, is being analyzed which again serves the greater purpose of exposing the game. I can't imagine how that's going to accelerate after the election.

There's no telling who the 2020 POTUS will be, but we can be sure that no one in this country will be looking at the government the same way again. Take from that what you will.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

• Like 1

I think that the information is nearly useless unless it's of some prurient nature.  This woman has committed crimes, the FBI has admitted this and still she is allowed to move forward.  This is unprecedented in my life.  Until now I actually had still believed in the generally honest nature of my government.  Naive, to be sure, but after Comey stood there and said she's guilty but we're not going to do anything, that was the end of trust for me.  It's time for Americans who aren't blind, stupid or totally indifferent to plan for their own safety and survival against the Tyranny that's coming.  The sheep can just keep chillin' until the bill comes due I guess.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

I hear he is backing Trump...:P Not kidding.

Not exactly as white bread as the Democrats would have you believe Trump supporters are.

• Like 4

After 2000 years, the old Roman ploy of bread and circuses still seems to work.  There is a reason a lot of the uber rich  and Wall Streeters are supporting Hillary.  She is good for their business. I really don't know if people on welfare even vote, but for working people the offer of jobs or benefits by either side is a diversion to get them to vote and stay quiet.  No matter who wins, we might be in for some hard times.

Who do you classify as workers and producers?  I know who doesn't work, but what about people who work in non-productive fields? Are they workers or not? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

After 2000 years, the old Roman ploy of bread and circuses still seems to work.  There is a reason a lot of the uber rich  and Wall Streeters are supporting Hillary.  She is good for their business. I really don't know if people on welfare even vote, but for working people the offer of jobs or benefits by either side is a diversion to get them to vote and stay quiet.  No matter who wins, we might be in for some hard times.

Who do you classify as workers and producers?  I know who doesn't work, but what about people who work in non-productive fields? Are they workers or not? 

I consider anyone who is adding to the quality of life of Americans as "productive".  Even if a person is disabled but volunteers to help with literacy councils or some other need of their community.  Those who do not produce are the ones who by choice do not work and do nothing else except take from the rest of us and complain all the while that it isn't enough.

• Like 2

I'm old, here's what I've concluded: The far Left and the far Right are extremes, and extremes are bad.

A society that  helps the old, the sick and the disabled is good. However, the governmental creation of an underclass that lives off those who work is bad.

Tolerance of the beliefs and religion of others is good. Catering to beliefs and religions that violate the rule of law and harm others is bad.

Holding values that one lives by is good. Trying to instill one groups values onto another (if no laws are being violated) is bad.

Peaceful social protest is good. Calling for the death of others (or law enforcement) is bad.

An economic system that allows a person to work, be compensated and gain wealth is good. An economic system that is rigged only for the rich to become richer is bad.

I could go on and on. The gist of this is common sense and balance (not extremes). Here lately all I seem to see are extreme positions. We need to move back to the middle of the road and employ some strong common sense and balance.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, and then said:

If I may, and RH can correct me if I stray, he doesn't mean we don't still have citizens who know what being an American means, or who still treasure that identity.  I think he means that the country's population as a whole has now been dumbed down, diluted with illegal immigrants who have no intention of being a productive American and of course the Liberal ideology that drives the sentiment that everyone on the planet has a RIGHT to be here and be taken care of by US citizens has taken such hold that those who wish to return to a Constitutional government are in the minority now.

Sure, I get that.  But claiming this:

No, we’re not still Americans.

Is not only inaccurate, but uninformed and very polarizing.  And to claim that the population as a whole has been dumb down doesn't mesh with what I quoted.

We are still American.  Illegal aliens are not, but that's not in question.  Those that seek to undermind this republic by pursuing their liberal agendas, through violation the Constitution and the enforcement of political correctness are not.

I sympathize with RH's frustration about this mess that we've been thrust into by the Left, but that doesn't change the fact of who we are and what makes it worth fighting the hard fight to get the country back to where it was.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 3

every four years there is a rebellion in this country.  we just fight it with votes not guns.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, danielost said:

every four years there is a rebellion in this country.  we just fight it with votes not guns.

That HAS been our history.  That was possible when we had a common goal of overall unity.  We WANTED to be first and foremost -AMERICANS.  We wanted WORK, not handouts, FREEDOM, not a nanny state, RESPECT for our beliefs, not derision and government was a necessary evil, NOT a new Monarchy of elite that ruled through the airwaves and corporate structures.  Don't misunderstand me danielost, I'm not asking anybody to rise up and start shooting ANYONE.  What I'm saying is that like the ridiculous Orange man has been saying - this IS a rigged game.  James Comey finally confirmed that in my mind.  Can you think of a single aspect of your "official" life that does not require approval by some clerk, officer or bureaucrat - as well as a fee?  Can you imagine a President of the US ever being elected who was not wealthy or had wealthy backers?  THAT makes $ the tool of our enslavement.  We are told that in the US, WE own the airwaves, right?  Then why can't WE allow them to be used for free once every four years so that the greatest expense of electing governmental hopefuls could be affordable for GOOD people?  I get that most don't see a sense of urgency yet.  Obama's election was a disaster for this country and the world.  A DISASTER.  The M.E. is on fire with no end in sight and signs it may spread.  Europe is being over run by the consequences of that fire.  Americans are literally at each other's throats with cops being assassinated in the streets.  The global economy is in a place I have never read or heard of it being before. While that one is not exclusively Obama's work, he has spent more every president before him in 224 years or so.  The person we elect as a US president MATTERS.  It matters to us and to the rest of the world.  This woman has a VERY clear history of thuggishness, graft, greed and BRUTALITY.  

Our country, the one I grew up loving and feeling a part of has changed and the question is will it continue to change to the point where we wake up one day with troops in the streets and concentration camps being the new address of "haters" and "religious nuts"?  Think it couldn't ever happen in America?  My friend, America was never anything more than a strongly shared ideal that men and women were willing to literally fight and die for.  It was never any stronger than that.  Groups like the Liberal Left are working over time to divide us, create conflict and make us afraid so they can rule over us.  They were BORN from the concept of redistribution of wealth by basically any means.  I'm not saying Conservatives are pure by any means.  Neither "Party" has the true best interests of the people at the front of their plans or better said, schemes.  Have you ever heard of a "Convention of States"?  http://www.conventionofstates.com/faq

This sounded like a wonderful idea to me and I still support it but looking ahead I can see LOTS of ways it could be derailed by the powerful and wealthy.  And if it actually worked and the votes were there to de-fang the monster in DC I believe it would literally be IGNORED.  They'd just get a judge to rule on it and act like it never happened.   The bottom line is that we have a BOOT ON OUR NECKS.  Elections are never going to change that now.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, and then said:

That HAS been our history.  That was possible when we had a common goal of overall unity.  We WANTED to be first and foremost -AMERICANS.  We wanted WORK, not handouts, FREEDOM, not a nanny state, RESPECT for our beliefs, not derision and government was a necessary evil, NOT a new Monarchy of elite that ruled through the airwaves and corporate structures.  Don't misunderstand me danielost, I'm not asking anybody to rise up and start shooting ANYONE.  What I'm saying is that like the ridiculous Orange man has been saying - this IS a rigged game.  James Comey finally confirmed that in my mind.  Can you think of a single aspect of your "official" life that does not require approval by some clerk, officer or bureaucrat - as well as a fee?  Can you imagine a President of the US ever being elected who was not wealthy or had wealthy backers?  THAT makes $ the tool of our enslavement.  We are told that in the US, WE own the airwaves, right?  Then why can't WE allow them to be used for free once every four years so that the greatest expense of electing governmental hopefuls could be affordable for GOOD people?  I get that most don't see a sense of urgency yet.  Obama's election was a disaster for this country and the world.  A DISASTER.  The M.E. is on fire with no end in sight and signs it may spread.  Europe is being over run by the consequences of that fire.  Americans are literally at each other's throats with cops being assassinated in the streets.  The global economy is in a place I have never read or heard of it being before. While that one is not exclusively Obama's work, he has spent more every president before him in 224 years or so.  The person we elect as a US president MATTERS.  It matters to us and to the rest of the world.  This woman has a VERY clear history of thuggishness, graft, greed and BRUTALITY.  

Our country, the one I grew up loving and feeling a part of has changed and the question is will it continue to change to the point where we wake up one day with troops in the streets and concentration camps being the new address of "haters" and "religious nuts"?  Think it couldn't ever happen in America?  My friend, America was never anything more than a strongly shared ideal that men and women were willing to literally fight and die for.  It was never any stronger than that.  Groups like the Liberal Left are working over time to divide us, create conflict and make us afraid so they can rule over us.  They were BORN from the concept of redistribution of wealth by basically any means.  I'm not saying Conservatives are pure by any means.  Neither "Party" has the true best interests of the people at the front of their plans or better said, schemes.  Have you ever heard of a "Convention of States"?  http://www.conventionofstates.com/faq

This sounded like a wonderful idea to me and I still support it but looking ahead I can see LOTS of ways it could be derailed by the powerful and wealthy.  And if it actually worked and the votes were there to de-fang the monster in DC I believe it would literally be IGNORED.  They'd just get a judge to rule on it and act like it never happened.   The bottom line is that we have a BOOT ON OUR NECKS.  Elections are never going to change that now.  At a minimum though, we owe it to ourselves and the rest of the globe to at least TRY to elect a person who won't burn the world down.  That may sound like I'm dissing Trump but in truth I think he's less a risk to do this than the Hildebeast.  There is proof from memos from her henchman Sidney Blumenthal that they were discussing potential Libyan rebuilding contracts even before Gaddafi was murdered.  This woman is soulless evil.  And it really looks like she'll be the next POTUS.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, and then said:

I consider anyone who is adding to the quality of life of Americans as "productive".  Even if a person is disabled but volunteers to help with literacy councils or some other need of their community.  Those who do not produce are the ones who by choice do not work and do nothing else except take from the rest of us and complain all the while that it isn't enough.

Well said, I am in agreement with your definition.  In 45 years of working, I have never needed to file for unemployment or assistance, but I know many folks who have.  I didn't feel too bad about my tax dollars helping out when I knew those people were trying to get back into the work force as quickly as possible.  I don't know how we teach that as a society. 

The second part of my statement referred to those who work and may not be a benefit to the quality of American life.  There were times when I wondered if being on a design team for guidance fins for depleted uranium artillery shells benefited society.  But I think we need to defend ourselves. I am probably less conflicted now in commercial aerospace.  

• Like 1