Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DNC Builds Wall Around Convention Center

Dark_Grey

You just can't write material this good. :lol: Attempting to shut down Trump conventions (multiple times,) then erecting a 10 foot double wall around the DNC to keep protestors out? Isn't that akin to throwing eggs and hiding?

DNC-Philly-Fence2.jpg

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/07/26/democrats-build-double-wall-border-fence-keep-unwanted-protesters/

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Wells-Fargo-Center-Xfinity-Live-to-Be-Inside-Perimeter-Secret-Service-Says-382433501.html

Delegates to the Democratic National Convention are now protected from unwanted protesters by a giant double-wall border fence. The border fence was doubled to make sure people without proper documentation could not illegally enter the convention area.

I wonder ... Did Mexico pay for it?

• Like 3

Those who have been here a while remember what happened at the '68 convention. I don't blame them for putting up fencing and securing the the perimeter.  Plus you have president and an ex-president in attendance, they have to have extra protection.  

1 minute ago, GreenmansGod said:

Those who have been here a while remember what happened at the '68 convention

Yeah, that was only 48 years ago, after all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Hypocrites. It's in everything they say and do.

Hey, the Dems know what's best for us.  It's just not what's best for them.  That's true of all modern political entities, it's just that the Dems aren't subtle about it anymore.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GreenmansGod said:

Those who have been here a while remember what happened at the '68 convention. I don't blame them for putting up fencing and securing the the perimeter.  Plus you have president and an ex-president in attendance, they have to have extra protection.  

Wasn't there a kingdom in which the king once a year had to walk among his people at night unarmed and alone, if he made it back to the throne alive then he knew he was doing a good job ;)

Edited by OverSword

I'm not quite sure why this is news. RNC did it too.

https://clecityhall.com/2016/07/01/law-enforcement-and-public-safety-agencies-announce-security-and-traffic-restrictions-for-the-2016-republican-national-convention/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/07/16/cleveland-security-police-republican-national-convention-fences-barricades-protests/87179382/

Usually these events have pretty heavy security measures, regardless of if they are dem or rep. Considering some of the unrest and turmoil going on in our country, both parties would have been foolish not to have beefed up some measures.

Looking at it from the reverse, if neither party had built a fence, and some nutjob had taken a potshot at the candidates, the security division would have looked ridiculously incompetent.

To think that you can have everyone in a country with a population numbering in the billions behave rationally (particularly during an election) is kind of silly.

10 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

Looking at it from the reverse, if neither party had built a fence, and some nutjob had taken a potshot at the candidates, the security division would have looked ridiculously incompetent.

To think that you can have everyone in a country with a population numbering in the billions behave rationally (particularly during an election) is kind of silly.

I bet you can't name one country that has a population in the billions. 

ETA; I guess you could claim China, with a population around 1.4 billion as in the billions, but I would think billions meant at least 2 billion.

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

My mistake.  I was thinking world population.

That would be an interesting convention!!

• Like 1

It'll be a while, but yeah, natural progression inevitably will lead to global elections for leadership.  Hopefully, by then we will have a better system of organization set up.

Hypocrisy in action there. No walls or fences for others, just for us. No guns for other people's security, just for those guarding us. Everyone needs to above board and follow the rules, but the rules don't apply to us. Everyone needs to behave in a totally PC manner, but we'll do and say as we please.

• Like 2

Yeah, I find it funny too.  Democrats had a fence around their convention and Republicans wouldn't let people carry guns inside their convention. 

• Like 2

no conventions allow guns.  except gun conventions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, I find it funny too.  Democrats had a fence around their convention and Republicans wouldn't let people carry guns inside their convention. 

The joke is that everything these extreme liberals publicly oppose is nullified by their actions supporting it. They only want walls and guns when it suits them, not as a matter of principle or rights. Leading with feelings instead of facts has always been a hallmark of the young and uninformed/ignorant.

• Like 1

I am somewhat curious though.  Did the fence stop the entrance of drugs, illegal immigrants, and protestors in the convention?    Hypocrisy aside, it would be good evidence on how effective barriers work for their cost. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rashore said:

I'm not quite sure why this is news. RNC did it too.

https://clecityhall.com/2016/07/01/law-enforcement-and-public-safety-agencies-announce-security-and-traffic-restrictions-for-the-2016-republican-national-convention/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/07/16/cleveland-security-police-republican-national-convention-fences-barricades-protests/87179382/

Usually these events have pretty heavy security measures, regardless of if they are dem or rep. Considering some of the unrest and turmoil going on in our country, both parties would have been foolish not to have beefed up some measures.

However, if we take a minute to read the emails leaked, we find that some of the "protestors" at the Trump rallies were in fact DNC interns.  I wonder how much it cost the DNC to arrange protestors at the RNC convention ?

But the info in the leaks does seem to get ignored, doesn't it ?  

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Vincennes said:

But the info in the leaks does seem to get ignored, doesn't it ?  

*shrugs*

Both sides always say that about information that is publicly available.  No one likes to see something they think is important get ignored, and few consider that what they find significant may not be to others.

23 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I was about to start bashing the dems for this but you said a great point.

I guess they both are being a bit hypocritical here