Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China wants everyone stop stealing Great Wall

jethrofloyd

China Wants People to Stop Stealing Great Wall Bricks

http://time.com/4428449/china-stop-stealing-great-wall/

China wants everyone to stop stealing its Great Wall.

Officials from the State Administration of Cultural Heritage have announced they will begin conducting regular inspections and will carry out random checks along the wall to ensure local authorities are complying with national protection laws.

• Like 2

I wouldn't steal a chunk if you payed me to. Aside from not wanting a stone or whatever material the wall is made out of on my persons, many died on that wall and were promptly buried in it. Who knows what kind of stuff chunks of the walls carry.

• Like 1

That's a myth.  People who died during construction were generally buried in graves about 100 yards away.  It isn't good engineering practice to leave large voids in heavy masonry construction (which is what the spaces with bodies would become once the bodies decomposed).  Human bodies don't make good support structures.

I would try not to steal a chunk, but I do have a collection of small stones from places I visit, so while I would be satisfied with a normal stone, I would kind of like to have a wall stone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

That's a myth.  People who died during construction were generally buried in graves about 100 yards away.  It isn't good engineering practice to leave large voids in heavy masonry construction (which is what the spaces with bodies would become once the bodies decomposed).  Human bodies don't make good support structures.

I would try not to steal a chunk, but I do have a collection of small stones from places I visit, so while I would be satisfied with a normal stone, I would kind of like to have a wall stone.

I always pondered that, thank you friend, I did not know that. Personally I wouldn't, wood from my the white house is no different from wood in the Forrest imo. 

• Like 1

I do hear they mixed rice flour in the brick clay, however, and that is what gave it both its water-proofing and strength properties.

• Like 2

There should be a limit to one brick per married tthieving couple.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1