Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Merkel on the Ropes

Claire.

Merkel on the ropes: Thousands of German protesters take to the streets saying she 'Must Go'

Merkel's premiership is hanging by a thread today as thousands gathered to call for her resignation while a key political ally dramatically withdrew his support over immigration policy. More than 5,000 protested in Berlin and thousands more throughout Germany over the 'open-door' policy that many have blamed for four brutal terrorist attacks that left 13 dead over the last month. The Chancellor faced a fresh wave of fury after it emerged that two recent terror attacks and a third killing were carried out by men who entered the country as refugees.

Source Daily Mail

• Like 4

Interview: Refugee problem should not be confused with terrorist problem: German expert

Source: Xinhua   2016-07-26 20:15:24

When asked about a possible association between recent attacks, Tophoven said there were neither connections between the attackers, nor clues indicating the violence can be directly traced to the Islamic State (IS).

The problem is not that the attacks were carried out under the order of the IS, rather than they were more or less under the influence of radical propaganda of IS with audio or video clips on platforms such as social media, which often inspire radical behaviors, Tophoven said. "The persons who carried out these operations are not trained by IS nor did they have any direct connection with it."

~

Daily fail being overly generous with the facts again ...

• Like 2

THis open door policy is bleeding the IS lunatics dry ... it is keeping their forced and coerced fighting numbers to the barest minimum ... it is emptying their civilian numerical hostages to the point of non existent ...

If they were really planning and using refugees as their main mode of infiltration they'll be keeping quiet about utilizing it ...

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." - Arthur Conan Doyle / Sherlock Holmes

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

THis open door policy is bleeding the IS lunatics dry ... it is keeping their forced and coerced fighting numbers to the barest minimum ... it is emptying their civilian numerical hostages to the point of non existent ...

If they were really planning and using refugees as their main mode of infiltration they'll be keeping quiet about utilizing it ...

Not sure what you mean. I don't believe they have been advertising how they have been getting into countries, they're just getting caught doing so. I also don't know if there is a plan in place to get into countries via piggybacking on the refugee crisis, but as they need people to carry out terror attacks in European and other cities, this would certainly be one way of getting them there. Obviously there are 'home grown' terrorists they can count on as well.

• Like 3

Just now, Clair said:

Not sure what you mean. I don't believe they have been advertising how they have been getting into countries, they're just getting caught doing so. I also don't know if there is a plan in place to get into countries via piggybacking on the refugee crisis, but as they need people to carry out terror attacks in European and other cities, this would certainly be one way of getting them there. Obviously there are 'home grown' terrorists they can count on as well.

You are postulating for dramatic effect ... not that there is anything wrong with that ... the problem starts when things get all jumbled up and skews the accuracy of the matters at hand ... IS / Daesh is losing ground .... and fast ~ not that the headlines will want to present that at the cost of losing circulation numbers and risking public ridicule ... but the fact is , as things stand as it does as of now ...

Daesh losing ground and facing desertions

Terrorist group has lost 40 per cent of territory captured in Iraq and 20 per cent in Syria

909255705.jpg

• Gulf News Iraq link

~

• ISiS Losing support google links

~

But then to the media and certain parties with vested interests in keeping the population at large in paranoia and fear proves to be much more profitable ...

~

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You are postulating for dramatic effect ... not that there is anything wrong with that ... the problem starts when things get all jumbled up and skews the accuracy of the matters at hand ... IS / Daesh is losing ground .... and fast ~ not that the headlines will want to present that at the cost of losing circulation numbers and risking public ridicule ... but the fact is , as things stand as it does as of now ...

• Gulf News Iraq link

~

• ISiS Losing support google links

~

But then to the media and certain parties with vested interests in keeping the population at large in paranoia and fear proves to be much more profitable ...

~

I don't know what media outlets you use but all the ones i do tv news papers radio say IS is being pushed back and defeated? the problem isn't just the terrorists it's thousands of Muslims who won't  assimilate being dumped onto communities that can't cope and don't want to change their ways to suit the incomers and why should they, Merkels days are numbered.

• Like 4

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

I don't know what media outlets you use but all the ones i do tv news papers radio say IS is being pushed back and defeated? the problem isn't just the terrorists it's thousands of Muslims who won't  assimilate being dumped onto communities that can't cope and don't want to change their ways to suit the incomers and why should they, Merkels days are numbered.

So go and advise the glorious leaders of your nation and tell them your concerns and solutions ... tell them that you are in danger because of 'Muslims' existing in your country ... let them know your fears ... explain to them why you are so afraid ...

Either you are not being very serious about it by wasting your time here or its because you just want to see all Muslims subjugated to your whim and prosaic diatribe, most likely both ...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, third_eye said:

So go and advise the glorious leaders of your nation and tell them your concerns and solutions ... tell them that you are in danger because of 'Muslims' existing in your country ... let them know your fears ... explain to them why you are so afraid ...

Either you are not being very serious about it by wasting your time here or its because you just want to see all Muslims subjugated to your whim and prosaic diatribe, most likely both ...

As you appear not capable of seeing the concerns of German communities or more probably not care why don't you tell them they must take as many Muslims that want to go there and it's nothing to do with them, while were at it how many millions of Syrian refugees has  Malaysia taken in?

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 5

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

As you appear not capable of seeing the concerns of German communities or more probably not care why don't you tell them they must take as many Muslims that want to go there and it's nothing to do with them, while were at it how many millions of Syrian refugees as  Malaysia taken in?

When you are done sucking at the strawman the tin man need a lube job ... and yeah ... Dorothy stuck to the yellow brick road ...

~

• Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

When you are done sucking at the strawman the tin man need a lube job ... and yeah ... Dorothy stuck to the yellow brick road ...

~

You have no answer then, nothing new there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clair said:

Merkel on the ropes: Thousands of German protesters take to the streets saying she 'Must Go'

Merkel's premiership is hanging by a thread today as thousands gathered to call for her resignation while a key political ally dramatically withdrew his support over immigration policy. More than 5,000 protested in Berlin and thousands more throughout Germany over the 'open-door' policy that many have blamed for four brutal terrorist attacks that left 13 dead over the last month. The Chancellor faced a fresh wave of fury after it emerged that two recent terror attacks and a third killing were carried out by men who entered the country as refugees.

Source Daily Mail

She will continue to let vast numbers of migrants in regardless of what terror atrocities get committed.

What a bad leader, give it a few more terror attacks and I suspect demonstrations will turn into rioting.

• Like 6

A few thousands, mostly nazis, out of roughly 40M addult citizens, so what?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, toast said:

I remember when a few hundred people were brought into our neighborhood from New Orleans after Katrina. These were the same people who wouldn't take advantage of the opportunities to leave when they had a chance. They thought they could stay there and loot. We were broken into for the first time ever and the crime rate soared. Someone was killed almost in my back yard in a drug deal gone bad. We saw these things first hand.

Would you encourage more of it if it was effecting you and your family?

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

More than one million mostly refugees and migrants last year alone, the majority of which were probably not vetted. Another 3.6 million expected to arrive by 2020. Terrorist attacks linked to a few of them, rapes and assaults of hundreds of women (many of them young girls) also linked to them. Germans and other Europeans have a right to protest. Imagine your home towns inundated with homeless refugees, raping , assaulting, attacking... I don't think any of us would be complacent about it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, toast said:

The Electorate in next years election will know doubt speak and make their feelings known. It'll be interesting to see if their is a silent majority who disagree with the #allwelcome policy or is it just a few Nazis. - Its one thing toeing the Politically correct line, being browbeaten by the establishment, but when their alone with their thoughts in that voting booth marking the ballot paper... well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Michelle said:

I remember when a few hundred people were brought into our neighborhood from New Orleans after Katrina. These were the same people who wouldn't take advantage of the opportunities to leave when they had a chance. They thought they could stay there and loot. We were broken into for the first time ever and the crime rate soared. Someone was killed almost in my back yard in a drug deal gone bad. We saw these things first hand.

Would you encourage more of it if it was effecting you and your family?

The Berlin (and some other cities) protests cannot be compared with the New Orleans riots in any kind because both are 2 very different events. And what I do criticize here is the well known populist and distorting style of the DM. First to say is that the anti-Merkel protests were initialized by right wing groups and the protests were approved and in compliance to the German demonstration right laws, same with the left wing counter protest actions. Of course, the politics of Merkel are subject to discussion here in Germany but the opinions of nazi bald head squallers are not of relevance to the discussion but the DM wants to tell you that these idiots represent the German public, but they dont. If so, I would not stay here any longer, thats for sure.

• Like 1

It is easy to have a demonstration or even a riot that represents just a small minority of the population.  Consider a city of a million people -- just 10,000 is a large demonstration, and it is a minute fraction.

I have somewhat given up on democracy after what we just saw in Canada, where a perfectly good Prime Minister was defeated because the population was bored with him.  Or take Brexit, where greed and nationalism and jingoism were the winning elements.  The people in the States who got the Party nominations are nowhere near good candidates -- one carries a lot of unsavory baggage and the other is an ego maniacal lunatic (who might actually win).

The fact is most voters are corrupt and vote their personal interests and prejudices rather than what is best for the nation or even what is fundamentally decent.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The Electorate in next years election will know doubt speak and make their feelings known. It'll be interesting to see if their is a silent majority who disagree with the #allwelcome policy or is it just a few Nazis. - Its one thing toeing the Politically correct line, being browbeaten by the establishment, but when their alone with their thoughts in that voting booth marking the ballot paper... well.

Thats a good question but I dont have the correct answer yet. Looking at the current Politbarometer (here) Merkel`s party (CDU/CSU) is still at No1 but that means nothing because the coalition of SPD and Grüne top the 35% very easy. But its my opinion, and my hope as well, that the next federal election will not be won by the CDU/CSU coalition but this wish isnt related to the immigrant issue.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, toast said:

Thats a good question but I dont have the correct answer yet. Looking at the current Politbarometer (here) Merkel`s party (CDU/CSU) is still at No1 but that means nothing because the coalition of SPD and Grüne top the 35% very easy. But its my opinion, and my hope as well, that the next federal election will not be won by the CDU/CSU coalition but this wish isnt related to the immigrant issue.

There is a even better statistic: even though there were attacks German opinion about emigration has hardly changed (the deviation being within the statistic uncertainty).

14 hours ago, toast said:

Demonstrators? Nazis? I dont know. But I know most people who are German don't like whats happening to their country.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Demonstrators? Nazis? I dont know.

But I know. Just look at the DM images and the vid and you will know as well.

But I know most people who are German don't like whats happening to their country.

Thats correct but possible changes in politics will be done via the democratic ways and not by some nazi squallers running down the street.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, toast said:

But I know. Just look at the DM images and the vid and you will know as well.

Thats correct but possible changes in politics will be done via the democratic ways and not by some nazi squallers running down the street.

In my opinion there is absolutely no chance at all of Merkel (or any of her main stream opponents) stopping Syrian migration and then deporting them back to where they came from. In fact there is even less chance of this happening in Germany compared to other countries because of its recent history. That is regardless of what terror attacks the Jihadi fighters amongst them commit. They could hit a major German shopping centre and slaughter 500 or even a 1000 and it would make no difference.

Its easy to criticise the far right or far left but lets not forget they get popular when the regular options dont listen to the electorate. And if the next 6 months follow the trend over the last few weeks resulting in 2016 turning out to be a year of terror for Germany and France the far right and far left will gain in popularity. If they try to illegalise them and the terror attacks continue then I suspect things will get revolutionary.

The ironic thing is the numpty politicians in all Western Countries who wont adopt sensible policies due to a WW2 guilt trip are ultimately in the process of ensuring the next Hitler is on his way.

• Like 3

... lets just step back for a minute and ask how many Terrorist Atrocities occurred in Germany, France and Belgium BEFORE Merkel opened the doors wide to Immigrants whether or not they had papers. These atrocities including the sexual harassment and rape of women and boys in Germany and Sweden.

Then lets try to see a causal relationship between these events. There is never any need to invoke Godwins Law unless you really just want to Troll.

• Like 1

Considering how much crime - including sexual assaults - British youths commit while holidaying abroad don't you think it would be best to ban all Brits from leaving the country?

Same for the Americans, etc.

All I'm seeing in this thread, from those who are against allowing refugees from a terrible situation some refuge, is petty and fearful nationalism. "It's okay to treat them as less-than-human because they're not us."

• Like 1