Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Frank Sheeran killed Jimmy Hoffa

BrooklynGuy

How Frank Sheeran killed Jimmy Hoffa

It was a hot July afternoon, nearly 92 degrees, when Teamsters president and labor icon Jimmy Hoffa is said to have opened the rear door of a maroon 1975 Mercury in the parking lot of the Machus Red Fox restaurant in Bloomfield Hills, Mich. and climbed in. He was never seen again. The FBI has expended countless resources in the ensuing decades in the hopes of finally solving this enduring American mystery with no success. But I believe, based on my 2004 investigation, that Frank Sheeran did it. "Suspects Outside of Michigan: Francis Joseph "Frank" Sheeran, age 43, president local 326, Wilmington, Delaware. Resides in Philadelphia and is known associate of Russel Bufalino, La Cosa Nostra Chief, Eastern Pennsylvania," reads the 1976 HOFFEX memo, the compilation of everything investigators knew about Hoffa's disappearance that was prepared for a high level, secret conference at FBI headquarters six months after he vanished.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/eric-shawn-reports-how-frank-sheeran-killed-jimmy-hoffa.html

• Like 3

My dad was a member of the Teamsters Union all his working life. I remember the 1992 movie, "Hoffa", starring Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito, which I thought was very good, worth watching.

I remember reading the Mafia didn't quite like Hoffa because, although Hoffa had to "make accomodations" to the mob, lending the mob millions from the Union pension fund, he would also at times refuse to give them the money they requested. After Hoffa was jailed, Frank Fitzsimmons became head of the Teamsters. It seems Fitzsimmons gave the mob everything they wanted.

Hoffa was an activist, a civil rights supporter and did meaningful work for the working man under his influence. He was a tough guy, and I think that was what was needed at the time. If the mafia hadn't been so involved in the trucking industry, Hoffa probably would be more revered today.

Just my take on the subject.

• Like 1

Interesting article, and more believable than some of the crazy rumours I have heard about Hoffa over the years. 

It's a tough work day for a professional hit man when he actually sort of likes his victim.  But Hoffa must have known what his associates were capable of.

Edited by little_dreamer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, little_dreamer said:

Interesting article, and more believable than some of the crazy rumours I have heard about Hoffa over the years. 

It's a tough work day for a professional hit man when he actually sort of likes his victim.  But Hoffa must have known what his associates were capable of.

Yeah, the mob always picks your best friend to do you in.

• Like 1

Makes sense based on the article, which stated Hoffa didn't trust just anyone.

• Like 1