Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why I reject karma and reincarnation

Alan McDougall

3 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I think the basic message of this quote is not to cling to false certitudes and half-truths is our quest for more understanding.

That can apply to pretty much everything, from scientific inquiry to a spiritual quest.

A scientific quest has the characteristics described by definition; it is religion and ideology that don't.

2 hours ago, karmakazi said:

I'm stuck on the points where you call karma cruel....It's just a balance, neither good nor bad.  A lion eating a zebra isn't cruel, it's natural whether it is pleasant or not.  Just like death or pain.

Plus you could have stopped at point one...That pretty much sums up your viewpoint and the rest of the points are just excessive.

We live in a world filled with suffering -- the vast majority of animals live short, fear-filled lives of hunger and frustration and disease and pain.  Most humans do too.  Even the wealthy are driven by desires and delusions and are rarely happy.  

Do not look at karma as a form of judgment.  It is merely the inevitable consequences of what we do, and these consequences cannot be avoided except by offsets (doing good rather than doing harm) but isn't it even better to just do good?

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Because they cause emotional distress, duh.

Emotionality based on a religious belief.

Congratulations, you finally figured it out..

Folk who behave badly create distress, pain and misery.

Those who act from comapssion and kindness help create peace and happiness.

Cause and Effect.

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Congratulations, you finally figured it out..

Folk who behave badly create distress, pain and misery.

Those who act from comapssion and kindness help create peace and happiness.

Cause and Effect.

Smarm like this is uncalled for and a waste of time.  There was nothing to figure out - you just introduced a silly strawman side debate.

Being a sarcastic smartass when people rightly ignore the straw.... well, it reflects on you, not them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Smarm like this is uncalled for and a waste of time.  There was nothing to figure out - you just introduced a silly strawman side debate.

Being a sarcastic smartass when people rightly ignore the straw.... well, it reflects on you, not them.

What smarm? What strawman? What side debate?

These are just simple truths, I dont need to be sarcastic.