Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are airplane chemtrails ?

UM-Bot

I think this video is total bull****! Geeky people think they know it all and have all the answers.. Dumb asses!
In the past, I have witnessed particles falling from chem trails to the earth forming a curtain of material that fell from the chem trail down to the ground for as far as the eye could see. The sight was very frightening to say the least. I only wish I had taken a photo of it.

Edited by eddword

7 hours ago, eddword said:

I think this video is total bull****! Geeky people think they know it all and have all the answers.. Dumb asses!
In the past, I have witnessed particles falling from chem trails to the earth forming a curtain of material that fell from the chem trail down to the ground for as far as the eye could see. The sight was very frightening to say the least. I only wish I had taken a photo of it.

Dumb ass, chem trails don't exist. You've seem particles? Good for you, I've seen water particles too, they can be quite frightening..

Edited by Rlyeh

I saw some chem trails the other day. Looked like raggedly lines of soot. Most peculiar. Then I took a better look, and it was high-flying birds, flying abreast in long lines, very high up. Probably migratory birds, the only fallout would be a little poop.

10 hours ago, eddword said:

Mmm.  I'm one of those geeky dumbasses, edd.  May I ask - are you willing to debate the topic sensibly with me?  I'll be very polite, I'll explain things and even show how you can PERSONALLY verify the information.  A lot of the science behind contrails is quite simple stuff you can emulate with water, a freezer/fridge, a kettle, and a few other simple household appliances..  Should be fun.

I mean surely you would want to do that and show everyone here just how dumb I/we chemtrail skeptics really are.  I'll let the audience decide who knows their stuff.

This is obviously a topic you are highly passionate, and highly informed, about. I mean you certainly sound highly informed, even though you didn't refer to anything in the video.. I'm sure you're just holding back that knowledge for later, right?  And while you are considering a debate, do tell, what do you think the purpose of 'chemtrailing' is, exactly, and who is being targeted?  And can you show us your best example of trails appearing when contrails should not?

Gosh, it's *such* a pity that when you saw these particles falling from that chemtrail, that it all happened so fast that you couldn't take a picture.  A cynical unkind person might even give you a 'label', for that rather unfortunate omission....  But not me - I'm not into labels, and ..... I'm sure the circumstances prevented you from finding a camera in those few short seconds while the 'particles' fell 20,000 feet.....

• Like 1

In WWII they loaded Spitfires and BF-109's, despite their small size, with chemicals to create chemtrails over London while they were shooting each other down.  :rolleyes:

battle-of-britain-london-contrails.jpg

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Mmm.  I'm one of those geeky dumbasses, edd.  May I ask - are you willing to debate the topic sensibly with me?  I'll be very polite, I'll explain things and even show how you can PERSONALLY verify the information.  A lot of the science behind contrails is quite simple stuff you can emulate with water, a freezer/fridge, a kettle, and a few other simple household appliances..  Should be fun.

I mean surely you would want to do that and show everyone here just how dumb I/we chemtrail skeptics really are.  I'll let the audience decide who knows their stuff.

This is obviously a topic you are highly passionate, and highly informed, about. I mean you certainly sound highly informed, even though you didn't refer to anything in the video.. I'm sure you're just holding back that knowledge for later, right?  And while you are considering a debate, do tell, what do you think the purpose of 'chemtrailing' is, exactly, and who is being targeted?  And can you show us your best example of trails appearing when contrails should not?

Gosh, it's *such* a pity that when you saw these particles falling from that chemtrail, that it all happened so fast that you couldn't take a picture.  A cynical unkind person might even give you a 'label', for that rather unfortunate omission....  But not me - I'm not into labels, and ..... I'm sure the circumstances prevented you from finding a camera in those few short seconds while the 'particles' fell 20,000 feet.....

And it is an equal shame that you couldnt provide a close up of the particles so we can confirm it is indeed only water. Starting arguments and attempting debates with no evidence whatsoever past your opinion just isnt interesting to those of us who are actually looking for answers.

Everyone should be aware that aircraft, at times, do dump fuel in order to reduce weight before landing or in the case of an emergency.   It is not allowed below a certain altitude (it was 2K feet for us) unless you are in an emergency and the fuel is usually dispersed quite thoroughly before reaching the ground.  I have been in aircraft which had the dump valve failed open which, for obvious reasons led to an immediate landing and in this type of emergency the fuel would hit the ground (and the cars and buildings etc. which could damage paint jobs). 

I think the Navy dumped more fuel than the USAF because we operated around the boat and kept as much gas onboard as possible until we were sure we were going to land.  The reason for this is there wasn't many divert fields in the middle of the ocean, obviously and we were restricted from landing to heavy as it could damage the arresting gear, it was normal to see jets coming into the break with gas dumping out the back so they could get down to max landing weight.  USAF and airliner don't, usually, have those restrictions and could land heavier than a jet at sea landing aboard a ship.

I'm not saying this is what the eddword saw but an airliner with a stuck dump valve or making an emergency landing and needing to dump gas near the field could be what he saw.  It would be a very unusual situation but it does happen.  Also, dumping gas at altitude disperses the droplets very quickly so never confuse a contrail for a fuel dump, they don't look or behave the same.

Edited by Merc14

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

And it is an equal shame that you couldnt provide a close up of the particles so we can confirm it is indeed only water. Starting arguments and attempting debates with no evidence whatsoever past your opinion just isnt interesting to those of us who are actually looking for answers.

Your car(or any one else's), also produces chem trails. 

It's called water, and it's a natural by product from the combustion process. It's more visible from planes due to the high altitude and colder temperature at such a height. 

Don't you think it's strange that it's harder to see them when planes are flying low? That's due to the warmer temperatures lower down.

6 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I'm not the one who made the claim about 'particles', so maybe you should READ what you are responding to.

Plus (and one has to wonder about your reading comprehension..) it was eddword who made several claims without a shred of support, PLUS he didn't address anything at all from the video.  And that applies to you too.

So IF you are actually looking for answers, how about you do some actual debating or discussion, instead of this constant and repeated whining?

On previous threads about this topic, I have elucidated at great length about how contrails work (see below for a brief summary).  So did that video.  I have also invited persons like eddword and yourself who seem to have bought into this chemtrail rubbish, to go through the processes with me, and dispute anything.  Strangely, inexplicably, no-one seems to be interested when it comes to supporting this ignorance.

Anyway, here you go - I quote myself from here - feel free to dispute anything you disagree with or don't understand:

Contrails are effectively clouds, that are generated (both seeded and supplied with water/ice vapour) by the aircraft's jet exhaust. I'm happy to go into more detail if you don't understand the mechanism (please ask), but if you accept that... Clouds, obviously, can be non-existent, quite short lived, or quite long lasting, or they can grow into huge cloudbanks... Agreed? And that is simply due to the atmospheric conditions at the altitude being considered. Contrails are simply 'artificially seeded' clouds, and other than the fact that the aircraft provides both the seed particles *and* a lot of water vapour (in the form of ice crystals), once they are created they act EXACTLY as any normal cloud would, at that altitude.

So:
- if the conditions are not conducive to clouds, they will either not exist or be quite shortlived (ie short in length).
- if the conditions are just short of exactly right, they will be long-lived and probably stay up there as long trails for quite a while..
- if the conditions are conducive to clouds, then all that was required was the 'seeding' - so once they are laid down by the jet they will grow into quite thick cloud banks. You can often tell that is the case (and see it happen) when there are some pre-existing /growing cirrus clouds..

So of course they vary just like normal clouds do. And also, as conditions will vary both in height and also location, the contrail 'results' can vary.

That's just the start - I'm happy to elaborate in MUCH more detail, including how to work out how high any given aircraft is as you are watching it, and even how to easily determine what weather conditions apply at that altitude and whether they are right for contrail formation.  Or do you want to discuss the basics of how jet engines create vapor trails in much more detail, and why modern jets tend to contrail more often than older ones?  I'm a mine of information (of the testable and verifiable kind) - IF you are genuinely seeking truth rather than re-inforcement of the fantasies you believe in.

Oh and feel free to show us just one image/video of an aircraft trailing 'stuff' when it shouldn't have been contrailing, or show any documentation you have of the infrastructure required, or show any logic for how 'they' protect themselves from whatever fantasy chemicals you claim are being sprayed, or how they control where it actually lands...

my pops been a captain for an major airline going on 37 years now, This used to always drive him up a wall. My uncle was and still is a giant conspiracy buff/narcisist, i remember sitting in the back seat listening to them argue much like this post xD

How odd.  Both eddword and Nnicolette have been back to UM, but seem to have lost interest in this thread.  What a shame.  I've got reams of very simple and easy to understand information for them, in regard to how they can easily prove to themselves that what they are seeing really are contrails...

It seems that some folks don't want to learn and would rather hold onto their belief in a conspiracy despite undeniable proof that the conspiracy does not exist.  Surely if they were confident in their knowledge, and/or knew that I could not provide such easily verifiable proof, they would be eager to come back and make a fool out of me...

• 2 weeks later...