Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 10
alibongo

Brexit

2,891 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have spoken to so many people who voted out, who now regret their vote.

This is what the referendum was about (unofficially):

1) stop Syrian refugees entering the UK

2) stop eastern Europeans stealing our jobs.

with regard to 2),eastern Europeans drive our taxis, pick our fruit,service our hotels, and stack the shelves in our supermarkets. Brits could not afford to do these jobs for £700 per month. So this labour force will remain.

with regard to 1),in 12 months time, those Syrian refugees who have bothered to accept refugee status in Germany will have German passports and be allowed free entry to the UK

In the meantime, our economy will contract.

.

 

 

Edited by aquatus1
Title modified
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FieldCricket.png

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, alibongo said:

I have spoken to so many people who voted out, who now regret their vote.

This is what the referendum was about (unofficially):

1) stop Syrian refugees entering the UK

2) stop eastern Europeans stealing our jobs.

with regard to 2),eastern Europeans drive our taxis, pick our fruit,service our hotels, and stack the shelves in our supermarkets. Brits could not afford to do these jobs for £700 per month. So this labour force will remain.

with regard to 1),in 12 months time, those Syrian refugees who have bothered to accept refugee status in Germany will have German passports and be allowed free entry to the UK

In the meantime, our economy will contract.

.

 

 

I've got to put my two cents in.

There were MANY reasons to leave, not just the 2 lame excuses you came up with.

1. There are a lot of refugees in this country, and, while I do agree with stopping refugee migration here, it's for the simple fact that we can barely support our own people, let alone thousands of immigrants, until we can, it needs to be stopped.

2. Stealing our jobs? What a lame view.

Alot of English people are unwilling to do such jobs, which I am ashamed to admit, they are lazy. Those who are unable, deserve help. 

Hats off to immigrants who come here to do crappy jobs so they CAN support their families, and they do the jobs well! 

My partner is Polish, her parents came over as refugees after the war, they worked hard and not once claimed benefits, they started at the bottom and have worked there way up. My mother in law had 4 jobs! 

Her nephew is a long distance lorry driver. He goes all over Europe for weeks at a time. Supports his family. 

How many car washes do you see run by immigrant's? More than those run by English. 

They see a chance to support them selves and take it, wether it's £5 an hour or £15 an hour. Fair play to them. 

Yes, you do get bad eggs, but saying they are STEALING our jobs is a very narrow minded view.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there are similar threads,ijust wanted to express my anger over us leaving.i don't support the xenophobic views at all. I despise them!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alibongo said:

I know there are similar threads,ijust wanted to express my anger over us leaving.i don't support the xenophobic views at all. I despise them!

.

This holier-than-thou attitude of some Remainers is wearing a bit thin now -

We get it

You think you're special and know better than anyone who voted to leave the EU -

And you don't attach much value to Self Governing Democracy -

.

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bee said:

.

This holier-than-thou attitude of some Remainers is wearing a bit thin now -

We get it

You think you're special and know better than anyone who voted to leave the EU -

And you don't attach much value to Self Governing Democracy hyper-Nationalism -

.

Fixed your post for you, bee.  :tu:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Fixed your post for you, bee.  :tu:

.

I rest my case

:)

.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, alibongo said:

I know there are similar threads,ijust wanted to express my anger over us leaving.i don't support the xenophobic views at all. I despise them!

No do I.  I find such views both primitive and wholly reprehensible.  

Like many intelligent, middle class, middle aged people I voted for us to leave the EU because I object to the EU as an Institution and especially I object to us being subsumed into an European Empire against our will.

It's similar to the US voting to leave the UK Empire back in 1776 ;)    Except there's more at stake than the right to make tea with cold sea water :D

For the record, back in 1975 I wanted to vote to leave the Common Market (but as I was only 8 at the time I didn't have a say ...).   My opinion never changed and I had been waiting for the day I could finally express my opinion in the ballot box ever since.   I would have been happy had the result gone the other way, because for me the important thing was to finally be allowed to have a say in the matter.

Whether we actually do leave the EU is, of course, another matter ......

Edited by Essan
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, alibongo said:

I have spoken to so many people who voted out, who now regret their vote.

This is what the referendum was about (unofficially):

1) stop Syrian refugees entering the UK

2) stop eastern Europeans stealing our jobs.

with regard to 2),eastern Europeans drive our taxis, pick our fruit,service our hotels, and stack the shelves in our supermarkets. Brits could not afford to do these jobs for £700 per month. So this labour force will remain.

with regard to 1),in 12 months time, those Syrian refugees who have bothered to accept refugee status in Germany will have German passports and be allowed free entry to the UK

In the meantime, our economy will contract.

.

 

 

How dare you tell people why they voted for brexit, i can't stand people who only concern is money 1000s died fighting for the right to choose who governs them and shallow idiots are willing to throw that away, give me your address so i'll know where to send the '60 pieces of silver'

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

How dare you tell people why they voted for brexit, i can't stand people who only concern is money 1000s died fighting for the right to choose who governs them and shallow idiots are willing to throw that away, give me your address so i'll know where to send the '60 pieces of silver'

Nonsense.

I have always liked Pat Condell and his anti-religion stance, but the practicalities of implementing  Brexit are wrongly depicted. It is not about money.

(This is a side issue, but look at the two champions of Brexit- Farage and Boris. Farage is not very bright, Boris is very bright but devious and self-seeking).

These are the realities:

First, we already have considerable control on immigration, we just don't enforce it, we won't spend the money on immigration control and lack the bureaucracy to enforce it anyway-as many as one million failed asylum seekers are estimated to be living in the UK.

Second, our businesses actually need cheap European labour, so we won't be putting a stop to them entering the UK.

Third, EU subsidies prop up UK agriculture, culture and science, just to name three areas.

I'll give you two real examples of Brexitiers suddenly waking to smell the coffee- Ebbw Vale in Wales has received £600 Million over the last few years to rejuvenate the declined industrial towns- new schools, colleges,leisure centres and roads. They are now demanding central government match that. Will they get it - not a chance. Yet they were the highest voting Welsh area to vote Brexit (about 72%), with huge unemployment. So they have shot themselves in the foot in a big way.

Devon and Cornwall- again huge Brexit support, again demand and pleas to central government to maintain the massive support to fishing and agriculture they were receiving.

Do you think Boris gives a t--s for them now he has achieved a cabinet minister post? Think again.

The silly little middle Englanders carrying folded Daily Mails under their arms chuffing about "we won two world wars" need to get real.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Nonsense.

 

.

no 

it's not nonsense - Hetrodoxly has got you pegged - and it looks like you would sell your soul to the highest bidder -
 

you might feel ok with a quasi democracy - a 'soft' dictatorship - but luckily for the future of Britain the majority don't -

('soft' for now but getting harder as time goes by and more of the public around Europe resist the EU dictates)

.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, bee said:

.

no 

it's not nonsense - Hetrodoxly has got you pegged - and it looks like you would sell your soul to the highest bidder -
 

you might feel ok with a quasi democracy - a 'soft' dictatorship - but luckily for the future of Britain the majority don't -

('soft' for now but getting harder as time goes by and more of the public around Europe resist the EU dictates)

.

Honestly, people spout the word "democracy" as if they could pick it in their gardens.

*Newsflash* The EU, as an organisation, is just as "democratic" as the UK is. You don't choose who gets to be Chancellor, you don't choose who sits on various committees in parliament. The UK govt, as an organisation, operates exactly the same manner as the EU "govt" does. The people elect representatives and those representatives elect the people who take office, or sit on committees.

So, please do not patronise everyone with the excuse that Brexit was about "democracy" - it wasn't. It was about nationalism, and even that is a hypocrisy because the UK isn't one nation, it's a union (just like the EU, but on a smaller scale) of 4 nations.

Edited by Leonardo
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Honestly, people spout the word "democracy" as if they could pick it in their gardens.

*Newsflash* The EU, as an organisation, is just as "democratic" as the UK is. You don't choose who gets to be Chancellor, you don't choose who sits on various committees in parliament. The UK govt, as an organisation, operates exactly the same manner as the EU "govt" does. The people elect representatives and those representatives elect the people who take office, or sit on committees.

So, please do not patronise everyone with the excuse that Brexit was about "democracy" - it wasn't. It was about nationalism, and even that is a hypocrisy because the UK isn't one nation, it's a union (just like the EU, but on a smaller scale) of 4 nations.

.

please stop trying to justify your support for remaining in the EU by pretending the leave vote had nothing to do with democracy -

.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Britain was great once.

It had great houses, great industry. Britain was great and ruled the world.

But only for about 5% 0f the population.

My family are working class, and it was never great for them. Mother in service, cleaning rooms, making beds, 12 hours a day.

Father, doffing his cap and choking on his anger.

Do we want to return to this great Britain,?

 

 

 

Edited by alibongo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bee said:

.

please stop trying to justify your support for remaining in the EU by pretending the leave vote had nothing to do with democracy -

.

I've seen people literally calling for the execution of remainers. That doesn't really sound democratic to me. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I've seen people literally calling for the execution of remainers. That doesn't really sound democratic to me. 

Link, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bee said:

.

please stop trying to justify your support for remaining in the EU by pretending the leave vote had nothing to do with democracy -

.

When the left loses it's never about democracy. They construct a straw man consisting of wicked people who made bad choices.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read your original post in the voice of a bumbling, teary toddler. Did you lash out and throw something after you wrote the post? 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Essan said:

No do I.  I find such views both primitive and wholly reprehensible.  

Like many intelligent, middle class, middle aged people I voted for us to leave the EU because I object to the EU as an Institution and especially I object to us being subsumed into an European Empire against our will.

It's similar to the US voting to leave the UK Empire back in 1776 ;)    Except there's more at stake than the right to make tea with cold sea water :D

For the record, back in 1975 I wanted to vote to leave the Common Market (but as I was only 8 at the time I didn't have a say ...).   My opinion never changed and I had been waiting for the day I could finally express my opinion in the ballot box ever since.   I would have been happy had the result gone the other way, because for me the important thing was to finally be allowed to have a say in the matter.

Whether we actually do leave the EU is, of course, another matter ......

Well this says it all! You made your mind up at age 8 and no life experience or enlightenment allowed you to modify your views!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly dont understand why somebody wants to remain in the EU, who's resembling more and more the USSR 2.0 just because they want the newest Iphone. Come on grow up. UK is doing well and it will do better than ever leaving the EUSSR.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alibongo said:

Well this says it all! You made your mind up at age 8 and no life experience or enlightenment allowed you to modify your views!

Why should someone necessarily change their mind, apart from the fact that it does not conform to your particular world view?  I once bought a game for the Megadrive called Heavy Nova, it was appalling.  Now 25 or so years later, my mind has not changed, no amount of nostalgia or enlightened life experience will make me believe that actually it is a really good game.

Does that make my opinion somehow less valid?  Does the fact that I have not changed my mind for decades mean that the game was actually good after all?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 10

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.