Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 10
alibongo

Brexit

2,633 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

What I had in mind was how each segment was vying for power with no consideration of the general good (about the only exceptions are the remainers in Britain along with Germany and Japan).

gee whiz. They're very stylish, those new rose tinted spectacles you've got. "Remainers just want to remain in the EU because they just care about people and want everyone to be happy and nice and prosperous and live in a happy nice multicultural world where everyone joins hands and sings slightly hippy songs about being nice."

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

gee whiz. They're very stylish, those new rose tinted spectacles you've got. "Remainers just want to remain in the EU because they just care about people and want everyone to be happy and nice and prosperous and live in a happy nice multicultural world where everyone joins hands and sings slightly hippy songs about being nice."

I am of the view that the vote to withdraw was obtained from uninformed people (it's really a mix of seriously complicated issues) with lies.  If that is so, it can't be good.  I think the reality is Britain will withdraw without actually withdrawing -- just put new rules on immigration but keep the trade agreements -- but as time passes there seems to be a revenge motive developing in Europe to punish the British, and if they decide to do that Britain will suffer.  Not only that but all of Europe will suffer, and by derivation, all the world.

The world has enough problems with an idiot in the US Presidency, a kleptomaniac running Russia and would-be dictators for life running China and Turkey. 

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I am of the view that the vote to withdraw was obtained from uninformed people (it's really a mix of seriously complicated issues) with lies.  If that is so, it can't be good.  I think the reality is Britain will withdraw without actually withdrawing -- just put new rules on immigration but keep the trade agreements -- but as time passes there seems to be a revenge motive developing in Europe to punish the British, and if they decide to do that Britain will suffer.  Not only that but all of Europe will suffer, and by derivation, all the world.

The world has enough problems with an idiot in the US Presidency, a kleptomaniac running Russia and would-be dictators for life running China and Turkey. 

Wrong. The vote to withdraw from the E.U. was obtained by people who have lived with the E.U. had 40 years of observing the E.U. and have seen how the E.U. operates & the direction in which it is going. It has been often stated by remainers that it was the older generation that mostly voted out, i.e. the ones who have seen the E.U. morph from a simple trading block into a political movement that is now even talking about having it's own army.

p.s. It is also often stated by remainers that the vote to leave the E.U. will adversely affect the future prospects of the British youth. How does that square with the massive youth unemployment in Italy, Spain & Greece?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
3 people like this

To be rude and paraphrase Frank Merton...

...I am of the view that the vote to REMAIN was obtained from uninformed people (it's really a mix of seriously complicated issues) with lies THAT HAVE NOW BEEN PROVEN,.  If that is so, it can't be good.  I think the reality is Britain will withdraw without actually withdrawing -- just put new rules on immigration but keep the trade agreements -- but as time passes there seems to be a revenge motive developing in Europe to punish the British, and if they decide to do that Britain will TURN FURTHER OUTWARD AND VIRTUALLY LEAVE THE EU TO FESTER IN ITS OWN CORRUPTION . ALL of EU will suffer, and THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL NOT EVEN NOTICE

...There... that seems much more accurate .

1 person likes this

I was just going to say that, yes. Of course,it's because, erm, property values will be so low in London after Brexist because the UK will be plunged into a dark and gloomy pit of depression, yes, that's why.

[/Ali attempting to save face]

On 3/21/2017 at 8:06 AM, alibongo said:

I don't like poor people, that's true.

I don't see what they get out of it, apart from joining the labour party and moaning.

Why not just get a well-paid job?

On 3/21/2017 at 0:32 AM, alibongo said:

I like your name, and also the little clip about borrowing money!

Your politics, not so much.

We are led by a remainer PM., by a very close vote (52vs.48) to a financial disaster, when we could have used all this energy to transform the EU to our benefit.

The saddest thing is that the people who voted to leave will suffer the most.

It is a strange fact about the UK that people feel bus stops and phone booths are suitable places to pee, defecate and damage.

The wealthy drive past in cars. They then go to meetings to decide whether we should continue funding for bus stops and telephone booths for the working class slobs who destroy them.

These same people, who pee in phone booths, feel it is okay to destroy the UK.Okay, good luck to you. Don't expect the wealthy to bail you out.

These seem to have slipped through CERN's revisionist net, more's the pity.

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I was just going to say that, yes. Of course,it's because, erm, property values will be so low in London after Brexist because the UK will be plunged into a dark and gloomy pit of depression, yes, that's why.

[/Ali attempting to save face]

yeah this will be us after Brexit