Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 10
alibongo

Brexit

2,891 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

If you have anything serious to post about Brexit, then i'd suggest you post in the thread titled 'Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations; But as it turns out your post above is in the right place - in here. with all the other brexit tripe ;)

What's the matter with you? You seem to have lose all trace of a sense of humour. This is the brexit thread, it says so at the top. 

1 person likes this

What about Old Cleggie saying the EU referendum should be held again and that all under-30s' votes should be counted twice?

Those Remainers, eh? If democracy doesn't go your way just ignore it and come up with all sorts of bizarre, undemocratic innovations in your sheer panicky desperation to have the result overturned.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Black Monk said:

What about Old Cleggie saying the EU referendum should be held again and that all under-30s' votes should be counted twice?

Those Remainers, eh? If democracy doesn't go your way just ignore it and come up with all sorts of bizarre, undemocratic innovations in your sheer panicky desperation to have the result overturned.

I'm wondering when the "Liberal 'Democrats' " are going to remove the word 'Democrat' from their name, clearly, they have no understanding of Democracy.

1 person likes this

Brexit is going to be the best thing this country has done since abolishing slavery. Cheap migratory Labour is the new slavery and destroys the job prospects of the local population.

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Brexit is going to be the best thing this country has done since abolishing slavery. Cheap migratory Labour is the new slavery and destroys the job prospects of the local population.

expect cheap migrant labour to continue for sometime after we leave, our economy will need to adjust.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

The local population is going to love filling the jobs left by the migrant workers, aren't they? Haha.

Edited by eugeneonegin

9 minutes ago, eugeneonegin said:

The local population is going to love filling the jobs left by the migrant workers, aren't they? Haha.

They will in certain job sectors and not in others.

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

They will in certain job sectors and not in others.

Which ones will they be glad to fill, do you think, stevew? I would have thought our indigenous population, with the advantages of perfect English,and our education system and training, and local contacts, are already doing the jobs they want to do.

I am really puzzled.

32 minutes ago, eugeneonegin said:

Which ones will they be glad to fill, do you think, stevew? I would have thought our indigenous population, with the advantages of perfect English,and our education system and training, and local contacts, are already doing the jobs they want to do.

I am really puzzled.

As one example, Labouring jobs, such as House developments and other infrastructure projects. which if you listen to workers from this part of the labour market would tell you. the jobs are sub contracted and then sub, sub contracted again to the point native British workers cannot compete on the wages offered and are priced out the market. Its hard for a British family man to maintain a family and compete with migrant workers living 8 to a room and not sustaining any long term interests here in the UK. 

Like me you must have friends in the trade highlighting what's been happening over the years.

You should not be puzzled and already be fully aware of what's been happening out there on the street.

52 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

As one example, Labouring jobs, such as House developments and other infrastructure projects. which if you listen to workers from this part of the labour market would tell you. the jobs are sub contracted and then sub, sub contracted again to the point native British workers cannot compete on the wages offered and are priced out the market. Its hard for a British family man to maintain a family and compete with migrant workers living 8 to a room and not sustaining any long term interests here in the UK. 

Like me you must have friends in the trade highlighting what's been happening over the years.

You should not be puzzled and already be fully aware of what's been happening out there on the street.

So how are British workers going to be "priced in"?

Are employers suddenly going to offer more money post-Brexit, or are British workers going to be coerced into accepting lower wages?

What will happen to the economy if employers have to pay higher wages (they are already calling the Living Wage, (which is pitiful, really), extortionate, and that it will put small businesses out of business).

And how will the working man feel if he has to accept lower wages if employers say they can't offer more? I'm guessing, not happy.

I am genuinely puzzled as to how it is expected to work.

8 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

Which ones will they be glad to fill, do you think, stevew?

Put me down for Mayor of London! :D

2 people like this

14 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

Very Racist to say Brits are too lazy to do the lower skilled jobs.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

I didn't say that, did I? And I didn't mean that.

You should read my next two posts.

21 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

So how are British workers going to be "priced in"?

Are employers suddenly going to offer more money post-Brexit, or are British workers going to be coerced into accepting lower wages?

What will happen to the economy if employers have to pay higher wages (they are already calling the Living Wage, (which is pitiful, really), extortionate, and that it will put small businesses out of business).

And how will the working man feel if he has to accept lower wages if employers say they can't offer more? I'm guessing, not happy.

I am genuinely puzzled as to how it is expected to work.

supply and demand. You flood a Labour market and the prices (wages) drop - You control the available pool in the labour market and increased wages have to be offered.

I thought you'd welcome an increase in wages? the rest is just Darwinism in action, any company worth their salt will survive others go to the wall. been happening for millennia.

Its like the housing market the current high prices are because demand is high and property availability Low, increase the availability of Houses and House Prices fall.

all rather simple, economics 101.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, seanjo said:

That is UTTER rubbish, seanjo. What "race" are the "Brits" ? 

49 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That is UTTER rubbish, seanjo. What "race" are the "Brits" ? 

I think it is a sort of Godwin's Law- in a debate, someone, sooner or later is accused of "racism" for holding a contrary opinion.