Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lights dancing in the evening sky

UM-Bot

Story submission by: Marie    Location: Washington

It was about 20 years ago when I witnessed an amazing dance between two bright lights on a sultry Summer evening. I was outside on my friend's balcony because it was terribly hot inside his apartment and I was looking up at the clear night sky just like I always do when something caught my eye. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111701/lights-dancing-in-the-evening-sky

• Like 1

They were UFOs. Your description of their movement matches to a 'T' what is often seen in Missouri at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Sun flare particles that reached earth?

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎10 at 7:15 PM, anomaly tracker said:

They were UFOs. Your description of their movement matches to a 'T' what is often seen in Missouri at least.

I call.  Cite the 'matching', documented incident in Missouri.

Really, you should cite two, seeing you said it's 'often', but one will do for a start.  Make it the best example first. 

I'm speaking to those who have had experiences similar to mine. With all due respect you need to find your own proof. I been through this before. Go read a UFO database and find an area near you to skywatch. There is at least one database for Australia and there are several hotspots I have heard of down there. Look at the Hessdalen Project website to see what to look for. I have other work to get done. Ciao for now.

1 hour ago, anomaly tracker said:

I'm speaking to those who have had experiences similar to mine.

I'm sorry - didn't realise you were a moderator and that this wasn't a public discussion forum. :D

With all due respect you need to find your own proof.

You could have just said "no, it's not really proof/evidence", rather than try the old and well-worn 'go find it yourself' routine.

I been through this before.

I'm sure you have. So have we.

Go read a UFO database and find an area near you to skywatch. There is at least one database for Australia and there are several hotspots I have heard of down there. Look at the Hessdalen Project website to see what to look for. I have other work to get done. Ciao for now.

As others can verify (and you can check my image gallery for evidence or look below for just one example), I am already a keen skywatcher. Just like literally hundreds of thousands of others, as you would know if you hung around any genuine ones or joined an astronomy club.  Many of them have all-night, all-sky monitoring cameras - they are quite easy and inexpensive to set up these days.  Which then raises a rather embarrassing question - why aren't those who do this sort of observing properly, seeing these things?  (Did you spot the hint?)  I'm quite familiar with Hessdalen, thanks.

Anyway, I have no videos of dancing stars (got one of an Iridium flare, but they don't dance and it's not all that good...) - I generally do still images/time exposures - here's one of my shots of another Iridium...  Sony a57 DSLR, 30 second exposure..  So here's 'evidence' that I do look up a lot, probably more than most people who make similar claims...

gallery_95887_40_19548.jpg