Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

JonBenet's brother to talk for first time

Ozfactor

6 hours ago, Antilles said:

What sort of kidnapper breaks into a house, kidnaps a child, sits down and writes a bizarre War and Peace length ransom note asking for the precise amount of Ramsey's bonus and then kills the child and leaves the body in the house. And not just whacks the 6 year old's head but garottes her.

I don't know if that's a question or a statement, but it appears to me that you think you know the actual motive behind the note having been written and with all due respect, I'm gonna tell you that you don't know any such thing.

9 hours ago, Antilles said:

What sort of kidnapper breaks into a house, kidnaps a child, sits down and writes a bizarre War and Peace length ransom note asking for the precise amount of Ramsey's bonus and then kills the child and leaves the body in the house. And not just whacks the 6 year old's head but garottes her.

Perhaps it might have been a "kidnapper" that didn't actually break into the house.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jonbenet-ramsey-case-expert-believes-232933499.html

• Like 1

The news is there's actually no news. :lol:

No seriously, as I see it, the only thing new to report in this case is that the state will seek further DNA testing, which I think not only demonstrates the significance of the DNA evidence/results, but informs of advancement in DNA analysis of which I wasn't aware but I think is very exciting! :tsu:

• Like 2

Despite substantial efforts over the years to identify the source of this DNA, there is no innocent explanation for its incriminating presence at three sites on these two different items of clothing that JonBenet was wearing at the time of her murder."

Kevin Vaughan, investigative reporter for KUSA, said the team of experts disagreed, not only about there not being a possible explanation for the DNA on the underwear and long johns, but also about the DNA belonging to a single, unidentified male.

"They weren't certain at all that this male DNA sample that was part of this mixture was even a profile of an individual person. It likely could have been a mixture of multiple people's DNA,

Doesn't make sense, how much foreign  DNA would be found on a child that was just put to bed  in clean pajamas?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

"They weren't certain at all that this male DNA sample that was part of this mixture was even a profile of an individual person. It likely could have been a mixture of multiple people's DNA,

Well they can't know what's "likely" if they aren't certain, right? :huh:

Doesn't make sense, how much foreign  DNA would be found on a child that was just put to bed  in clean pajamas?

"They" are never asked that. Seriously, it causes one to wonder...so just how much innocently transferred foreign DNA are they collecting from victim's underclothing?

Despite substantial efforts over the years to identify the source of this DNA, there is no innocent explanation for its incriminating presence at three sites on these two different items of clothing that JonBenet was wearing at the time of her murder."

I wonder if they've done a Familial Search. Here's all about that at this link. http://www.dnaforensics.com/familialsearches.aspx#hunt

Also, I wonder if they've considered consulting Colleen Fitzpatrick, forensic genealogist. You know, Smit's list of POI's/suspects could be used for a name to cross-reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_M._Fitzpatrick

http://www.forensicmag.com/news/2016/12/forensic-genealogist-uncovers-suspects-name-phoenix-cold-case

Edited by regi

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 1:41 AM, Ozfactor said:

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/jonbenets-brother-burke-ramsey-to-break-silence/news-story/2e16bcb35622fd0a6a4ee00a9dba7642

THE brother of JonBenet Ramsey will publicly discuss his younger sister’s death for the first time in an interview to be broadcast on Dr. Phil next month.

Burke Ramsey was 9 years old when his 6-year-old sister was found dead in the basement of the family’s Boulder, Colorado, home on December 26, 1996.

some people,think her killed,her,like what

On 12/16/2016 at 7:38 PM, docyabut2 said:

Kevin Vaughan, investigative reporter for KUSA, said the team of experts disagreed, not only about there not being a possible explanation for the DNA on the underwear and long johns, but also about the DNA belonging to a single, unidentified male.

they say she was sexually assaulted so there could be some of his dna

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/12/29/jonbenet-ramseys-brother-sues-cbs-for-750-million-over-tv-special.html

The brother of JonBenet Ramsey, the 6-year-old beauty queen found dead in the basement of her family's Colorado home in 1996, is suing CBS and orthers for $750 million, arguing the network's special "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey" ignored evidence to falsely point the finger at him.

In the lawsuit filed Wednesday, Burke Ramsey claims that the network, its production company and the experts interviewed in the series on the unsolved murder conspired to defame him for publicity and profit. The series, called "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey," aired in September ahead of the 20th anniversary of JonBenet's death.

The lawsuit says CBS and its featured experts set out to conduct a "sham reinvestigation" of the murder with "the preconceived the story line" that Ramsey killed his sister and conspired with his parents to cover it up.

"The accusation that Burke Ramsey killed his sister was based on a compilation of lies, half-truths, manufactured information, and the intentional omission and avoidance of truthful information about the murder of JonBenét Ramsey," the lawsuit says.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/12/29/jonbenet-ramseys-brother-sues-cbs-for-750-million-over-tv-special.html

The brother of JonBenet Ramsey, the 6-year-old beauty queen found dead in the basement of her family's Colorado home in 1996, is suing CBS and orthers for $750 million, arguing the network's special "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey" ignored evidence to falsely point the finger at him.

In the lawsuit filed Wednesday, Burke Ramsey claims that the network, its production company and the experts interviewed in the series on the unsolved murder conspired to defame him for publicity and profit. The series, called "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey," aired in September ahead of the 20th anniversary of JonBenet's death.

The lawsuit says CBS and its featured experts set out to conduct a "sham reinvestigation" of the murder with "the preconceived the story line" that Ramsey killed his sister and conspired with his parents to cover it up.

"The accusation that Burke Ramsey killed his sister was based on a compilation of lies, half-truths, manufactured information, and the intentional omission and avoidance of truthful information about the murder of JonBenét Ramsey," the lawsuit says.

Good for him. That special was a terrifying depiction of what television and "news" should not be allowed to do.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2016 at 5:10 PM, liviab said:

Edited by The Narcisse
I'm an idiot and was thinking of another case lol

14 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

Good for him. That special was a terrifying depiction of what television and "news" should not be allowed to do.

I tend to agree.   I hope he wins.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the DR Phil interview......the docs private reaction to hers behaviour during the interview was very telling of his thoughts......the statute of limitations im sure has passed....no immediate family members DNA was apparently found at the scene......too much contamination happened.....so we will probably never know...jmo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 9/15/2016 at 7:38 PM, Vincennes said:

Docy, don't fall off your chair, but I'm going to agree with you on this one.  Actually, one of the supporting elements to the type example you gave is that the police commented that in searching the house they discovered that Patsy was no housekeeper.  They were shocked at the piles of clothes in her closets and the housekeeper also supported that she wasn't exactly a great housekeeper.  So it would seem to me that it wouldn't be unusual for a bowel of pineapple to be left on a table long after it was served.  The other thing regarding that is Patsy's prints on a bowel in her own kitchen would pretty much mean nothing.  The prints could have gotten there being taken out of the dishwasher or simply moving dishes about in the cupboard to find the one that she wanted to use.  But that still leaves the question how did they get in JB's stomach so soon before her death that they were undigested ? 

Patsy's ptints on the bowl would not be unusual at all since it was her kitchen and may have put them there as you stated, however Burkes prints were also found on that same bowl, so did he feed the pineapple to her before he killed her? Some people think he was incapable of killing her since he was only 9, but I think it's totally possible since he was apparently somewhat of a large child,so he probably would have not had any problems pinning her down and then using the garrote to choke her. With his odd behavior to match, I think all signs point to his guilt.Jmo.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Future ghost said:

Patsy's ptints on the bowl would not be unusual at all since it was her kitchen and may have put them there as you stated, however Burkes prints were also found on that same bowl, so did he feed the pineapple to her before he killed her? Some people think he was incapable of killing her since he was only 9, but I think it's totally possible since he was apparently somewhat of a large child,so he probably would have not had any problems pinning her down and then using the garrote to choke her. With his odd behavior to match, I think all signs point to his guilt.Jmo.

Agree !  Way back during the initial investigation the Ramsey's did such a good job hiding this kid from the media I never got the idea of just how big a kid Burke was.  With that in mind, plus the fact that he had used things like a golf club to strike JB before, it does brings him into the pool of suspects. Personally, I like the theory the TV special raised which was that JB might have been stealing bites of pineapple from his bowel that night and he reacted with a clubbing. 

Another reason that elevates him  as a suspect in my mind too is that lunatic grin he kept on his face during the Dr. Phil show.  Dr. Phil's song and dance afterward that it was caused by his nerves was such BS. Thinking of it still gives me the creeps.

• Like 1