Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Garretson Interview About Tate Murders

susieice

On 8/11/2016 at 7:18 PM, susieice said:

Manson had been at Cielo Drive several times and knew Melcher didn't live there anymore.

http://www.cielodrive.com/archive/manson-at-tate-home-in-march-69-trial-told/

Here is LAP's second progress report covering Sept 1969-October 1969

http://www.mansondirect.com/police-report-tate-2nd.html

He definately knew Melcher did not live there as Manson had left a note at Melchers new house in Malibu before the murders, but I have never heard what that note said.

• Like 1

Also, in response to the baby, Dr. Noguchi stated that they removed the baby from Sharon during autopsy and that the baby lived for approx 10—15 minutes inside the mother after the mothers death and then expired. As for death time...consider this: The four victims had an 8:30pm reservation at El Coyote Mexican Cafe, they spent the first 15 minutes at the bar before being seated, they left at 10:30pm. During autopsy Abigail still had beans and corn present, stomach acid had not done it`s job yet prior to death, yet she had feces coming out of the lower stab wounds that had severed portions of her colon, maybe that was lunch or munchies, her and Voytek, according to Sharon were stoned all of the time. I know that everyone`s digestive system varies, especially between men and women, but I have yet to meet a human being that can eat mexican food, let alone beans and corn and not be going to the toilet within a few hours.

• Like 1

Concerning Garretson...I believe he was in on it, although as an inside info guy for the Manson Family to rob the house, as Manson had stolen gold records from Dennis Wilson and that is what Manson, the 5`2 troll used for his payment at the Barker Ranch and when the killings happened he was shocked, but my former P.I. instincts tell me that pos was in on it at a low level. Bill Garretson without a doubt heard every single word that was spoken that night, whether he was under his bed ****ting himself or dangeling off the side of the cliff, that pos coward heard EVERYTHING and this was no ****ing robbery, it was a hit. The victims my not have had a lot of cash, but there was definately a lot of drugs in the home and Jay`s car as well as valuable.personal items about the place, that these idiots failed to.search for, that evidently were just laying around. What about Romans 45 in the bedroom? Neither male victims were wussies, wtf happened? I am 5`11, 175—185 #`s my entire life, I have studied martial arts throughout my life and the son of a decorated vietnam green beret vet, but I am by no stretch of the imagination Bruce Lee, I have been at a few parties, one at UW with a couple of friends when we got jacked by 5 or 6 *******s, one of which pulled out a .22 rifle with a banana clip, I incapacitated 4 of them by myself on instinct and took the rifle for ******* #1 and broke his cheekbone with it, although I had recently completed my army training. But, Jay was a Korean war vet, he and Voytek,(sp?) who was a known brawler were not wussies, were supposedly overtaken by two scrawny stoner chicks and a dumb former jock? BS, I say. I think there were more people in that house and Bill Garretson knows it!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In my research above, I learned that Garretson had a personal relationship with Patricia Krenwinkel. Also, Tex Watson knew one of the LaBianca daughters. Now Garretson is speaking out. I have no doubt he knew what was happening and he hid when necessary and watched when he could. As to whether he was in on it or not, it's possible, but I don't think he expected everyone to be murdered.

It does seem weird that Sebring and Frykowski didn't react more defensively against the killers since there was only one man present. I suppose there could have been more people present than we know of. From what I've found, nothing would surprise me about this case.

Manson was taken to hospital for GI bleed in January. He was taken back to prison for security reasons after it was decided he's too weak for surgery. Debbie Tate has said she was told several times that Manson, now 82, has cancer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/charles-manson-back-prison-spending-time-hospital-article-1.2938969

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sharon-tate-sister-no-ill-sick-charles-manson-article-1.2934191

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting this.  I have listened to Part I and find him to sound like a completely sane, normal older gentleman trying to remember events from 40+ years ago.  He is jovial and sounds coherent, and his delivery is cogent.  Just my opinion....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, InterestedParty said:

Thanks for posting this.  I have listened to Part I and find him to sound like a completely sane, normal older gentleman trying to remember events from 40+ years ago.  He is jovial and sounds coherent, and his delivery is cogent.  Just my opinion....

First, welcome to UM and thank you for your response. It's been awhile since I've done research into the Manson murders and Garretson's interview. From what I've found, there has been a lot more brought to light about the events of that summer in 1969. Enough to raise a lot of questions about what really happened. Garretson finally talking about what he witnessed turned out to be an eyeopener for me. Maybe in time, some of these questions can be answered, but I wouldn't count on Charlie to do it. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Manson is close to death, I wish he'd say something about what was really going on that summer of '69. So much investigating by people has been going on  through the years since the family's conviction for the Tate/La Bianca murders. Serious questions have been raised and a lot of interesting points brought up. We most likely will never know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susieice said:

We most likely will never know.

I doubt Chuckie himself actually knows the full breadth and scope of what went down if not what goes on ...

~

• Like 1