Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arrival Trailer #1 (Aliens come to Earth!)

Careful_perspective

8 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

No.

Sigh.

• Like 1

I've found you just have to go and see the movie for yourself to really determine if it's good or not. You'll sit through some stinkers but every now and again you get a real gem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

I'm glad you mentioned Prometheus. While trailer looked promising, after watching the movie I went

rf_fp.gif

The original story of Prometheus saw the crew stranded on LV 426, becoming infected by the black goo stuff and transforming into the alien species that we see in Alien. Nice, closed up story that had some pretty amazing visuals to boot. The 20th Century Fox got greedy, saw the amount of hype the movie was generating, ordered rewrite and reshoots, changed it to a totally different planet all together, tacked on a horrible "to be continued" ending, and then put together a trailer that made people think it was an Alien movie, which it never was.

That Prometheus is such a mess is 60% the fault of Fox, 35% the fault of Damon Lindelhof and his dreadful script rewrite, and 5% Ridley Scott, who just has to direct the whole thing and try and make it work (but is in some form to blame as he seems to have Ron Burgundy-itis, as in he just unquestioningly goes with whatever script is put in front of him).

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

The original story of Prometheus saw the crew stranded on LV 426, becoming infected by the black goo stuff and transforming into the alien species that we see in Alien. Nice, closed up story that had some pretty amazing visuals to boot. The 20th Century Fox got greedy, saw the amount of hype the movie was generating, ordered rewrite and reshoots, changed it to a totally different planet all together, tacked on a horrible "to be continued" ending, and then put together a trailer that made people think it was an Alien movie, which it never was.

That Prometheus is such a mess is 60% the fault of Fox, 35% the fault of Damon Lindelhof and his dreadful script rewrite, and 5% Ridley Scott, who just has to direct the whole thing and try and make it work (but is in some form to blame as he seems to have Ron Burgundy-itis, as in he just unquestioningly goes with whatever script is put in front of him).

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for explanation. :nw: 

• Like 2

We need more cheese to go with all this whine...

nahhh the cheese should go with the whine of 2016

~

~

A possible future POTUS if you can stomach it ...

~

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for explanation. :nw: 

If a movie is a disaster, is totally muddled or doesn't live up to either the hype or the trailer, it is almost always the fault of the studio. If a film is just plain boring (like Thor 2), blame the director.