Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do we always look on the bright side of life?

UM-Bot

The glass is not only half empty...it has a prominent crack, and it's leaking. 

• Like 1

The optimist say's the glass is half full. The pessimist say's it's half empty. The realist say's I need a refill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

The optimist say's the glass is half full. The pessimist say's it's half empty. The realist say's I need a refill.

And the reincarnationist drinks, pees, and then waits while the water goes through the whole recycling process before they have another drink!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2016 at 8:22 AM, StarMountainKid said:

It's a big shock to researchers that people aren't generally optimistic? I remember in Vietnam when things got a little tricky the saying was, "the situation is not as bad or as good as it seems". That has a meaning if you think about it. I've carried that thought through my life since then.

Generally, life could always be better, which means life is mostly not so good. Maybe for most of us the moment of winning the lottery never happens, so we muddle along in the same old life, some medium where some good and some not so good is always happening, and the bright lights of Hollywood Stardom always will remain some unreachable fantasy. 

I would hate to have fame! You can't even leave your house, with out cams, mics, and papers of people wanting you to sign your name! Give me the riches, but keep the fame thank you!

On 8/19/2016 at 7:32 AM, XenoFish said:

If we are talking wine or beer.. I do need  refill! Cheers!

I used to focus on people. They are dissappointing. Except for real friends and family, those are few and in my circle of trust.

Now I love talking to ghosts, spirits, casting spells. The magical world have given me new hope and happiness. Having the power to zap people at will when they do something I don't like, and send them into my evil jar, just gives me the same joy i got as a child when I could kick a kickball over the fence to traffic! it's was so much fun!

You see you must see the fun in life. Otherwise life turns out. So be happy and send all who p*** you off into you guessed it, your Evil Jar!

I think it's perhaps important for people to often look at the bright side, to simply get by daily in our lives at times. I believe rather than looking at the bigger things we may not have, we should attempt to appreciate the little things that we may have in life.

20 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Mint chocolate chip laced with poison. 

Ah, so, thin mints.  I'm not supposed to eat that crap anymore...I'll take three boxes.

• Like 2