Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirit activity in my sisters house?

Mark One

21 hours ago, Hudds said:

I really appreciated you sharing your experience in a apparent haunted house.

I can imagine how annoying the Spirit may have been, especially when one has to get some sleep for work in the morning. There is possibility that the occurrences would have continued or increased, if you wasn't so direct at times with the Spirit, and had shown signs of fear. 

I believe many Spirits can be very deceptive, and they do apparently imitate/ mimic appearances and personalities of either previous or present household occupants, or people whom they observed from they're surroundings. Spirits can allow us to either see or hear something that we may be interested in, desiring, or usually something which can be from our inner fears.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but we can't always know (to an extent) what kind/ type of Spirit, we may be apparently dealing with at some point in our lives. Unless the subject's tendencies have been extensively documented, observed, and many properly conducted EVP's have been analysed. 

It was a matter of money..lol..  I just had to do the work and couldn't be bothered with loss of sleep in my already precarious health.  Plus, I understand why ghosts haunt places; for the most part anyway.  They are people still attached to their own hard work and don't want it to be taken away by someone they feel doesn't deserve it or whatever.  They feel like because they still retain consciousness and awareness of themselves, that they "can't possibly be dead".  It's a form of denial.  So I just talk to them plainly, explain that they are dead and that I understand how hard it must be to do all that hard work and not still lay claim to it.  But then I laid down the law with our ghost, saying that if she wanted the house to be restored to its original beauty (it was in quite a state when we got ahold of it), she should let me get sleep so I could fix it up.  I even said she was welcome to be there as long as she stayed quiet and didn't intrude into our affairs.  It seemed to placate her for a time.  But as I said, she started up again, but not as bombastically as before.  So, to placate her even more, I appealed to her sense of sophistication by playing classical music on my guitar.  And it worked.  In fact, I'd hardly think any ghost would not be soothed by that type of music.  But if the ghost liked the blues, or metal rock or whatever, that might have worked too? 

Anyway, ghost are just humans with all their quirks in place, but just no body.  So instead of instantly reverting to fear mode, I become fascinated by it; and then I just talk out loud to them as if they're standing right there in the room with me.  I don't yell or panic, or evoke the scriptures or whatever...though there are those cases I see where it may be necessary for more evil folk or even non-human occupancy.  I just talk.  And so far it has worked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

It was a matter of money..lol..  I just had to do the work and couldn't be bothered with loss of sleep in my already precarious health.  Plus, I understand why ghosts haunt places; for the most part anyway.  They are people still attached to their own hard work and don't want it to be taken away by someone they feel doesn't deserve it or whatever.  They feel like because they still retain consciousness and awareness of themselves, that they "can't possibly be dead".  It's a form of denial.  So I just talk to them plainly, explain that they are dead and that I understand how hard it must be to do all that hard work and not still lay claim to it.  But then I laid down the law with our ghost, saying that if she wanted the house to be restored to its original beauty (it was in quite a state when we got ahold of it), she should let me get sleep so I could fix it up.  I even said she was welcome to be there as long as she stayed quiet and didn't intrude into our affairs.  It seemed to placate her for a time.  But as I said, she started up again, but not as bombastically as before.  So, to placate her even more, I appealed to her sense of sophistication by playing classical music on my guitar.  And it worked.  In fact, I'd hardly think any ghost would not be soothed by that type of music.  But if the ghost liked the blues, or metal rock or whatever, that might have worked too? 

Anyway, ghost are just humans with all their quirks in place, but just no body.  So instead of instantly reverting to fear mode, I become fascinated by it; and then I just talk out loud to them as if they're standing right there in the room with me.  I don't yell or panic, or evoke the scriptures or whatever...though there are those cases I see where it may be necessary for more evil folk or even non-human occupancy.  I just talk.  And so far it has worked. 

The main thing is that you dealt with the apparent Spirit accordingly, especially considering your already precarious health.

For a couple of reasons, I think you may have encountered a non-human Spirit. But I won't go into an explanation, because it may not be appropriate to further derail Mark One's thread.

Nevertheless, I did find your experience very interesting, and thank you for sharing.  :)  

Edited by Hudds

Nothing else spooky to report for now.

But after I described the possible signs or signals of a potential visitor, she sat forward and told me this.  Her eldest son began sleep walking in the day when he was taking nap and also at night too.  At breakfast time he often talks to someone who isnt there and asks them if they want some food.  When his mum asked who he was talking to he gives an unpronounceable name, almost like he doesn't know or understand or hasnt made one up yet..

It could be nothing more than a very young lad with a vivid imagination but I`ll keep a watch and monitor.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Nothing else spooky to report for now.

But after I described the possible signs or signals of a potential visitor, she sat forward and told me this.  Her eldest son began sleep walking in the day when he was taking nap and also at night too.  At breakfast time he often talks to someone who isnt there and asks them if they want some food.  When his mum asked who he was talking to he gives an unpronounceable name, almost like he doesn't know or understand or hasnt made one up yet..

It could be nothing more than a very young lad with a vivid imagination but I`ll keep a watch and monitor.

There is a possibility that it maybe could be nothing more than a child's vivid imagination, like you said. But considering the previous occurrences, and now he began to sleep walk, and also has a kind of imaginary friend. I am leaning towards it being Spirit related. I agree, keep a watch and monitor. 

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hudds said:

There is a possibility that he could be nothing more than a child's vivid imagination, like you said. But considering the previous occurrences, and he began sleep walking, and having a kind of imaginary friend. I am leaning towards it being Spirit related. I agree, keep a watch and monitor. 

Thank you for your support Hudds.  I am leaning towards the potential of a spirit which uses those terraced houses as a form of recreation and then later wanders off towards children who (maybe) are outside -playing, having fun and doing the things we did when we were kids.  This was my overall feeling after I spent time in the roof space. 

In my property Ive had distanced, similar incidents in the past and before this, ghostly goings on at my grandmothers.  One day I shall have to post a description of my own experiences as I grew up and witnessed similar odd goings on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark One said:

Thank you for your support Hudds.  I am leaning towards the potential of a spirit which uses those terraced houses as a form of recreation and then later wanders off towards children who (maybe) are outside -playing, having fun and doing the things we did when we were kids.  This was my overall feeling after I spent time in the roof space. 

In my property Ive had distanced, similar incidents in the past and before this, ghostly goings on at my grandmothers.  One day I shall have to post a description of my own experiences as I grew up and witnessed similar odd goings on.

I would very much look forward to you doing that! 

• Like 1

Definitely would like to hear more about how this turns out or any of your earlier experiences.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark One said:

You're welcome, buddy.

Regarding the overall feeling you had related to the apparent Spirit, I found it very interesting. Has anyone from either side of the neighbours, mentioned experiencing any odd/ unusual occurrences? 

I'm looking quite forward to your post about your experiences. :)

The next time I see my sister I shall ask her to enquire.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mark One,

I hope, no news is good news?

Edited by Hudds