Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Did God Come To Be?

danielost

On 23/09/2016 at 3:49 PM, back to earth said:

:D

here is a great pants on fire moment , from just above ;  "  Anthropology and sociology both suggest that human practices evolve from beliefs, not beliefs from practices. 

'Anthropology suggests'   :)       

Human practices  evolve from beliefs :   believes cave wall may not be solid , practices walking though it occasionally to see  if it is or not . 

Human beliefs evolve from practices - practiced walking through the  cave wall a couple of times , now believes it cant be walked thorough.

Maybe that is a very early pre-human brain development though ..... even  the cats  seem to have got that one worked out.  

Lets move on a bit . 

Practiced chipping rocks, used them for  various purposes and discovered some chipped a certain way could cut .... wood and meat .  Contemplated and imagined , then believed he had made  an efficient tool .

OR  

dreamed up the efficient tool and usage first first * and then went about chipping rocks  ?

Or smelting ;  dreamed up *  metallurgy and what to do with metal first, and then started  burning different earths to get a result .

OR

Observed what happened  (practice ) when some earths were burnt and played around with it and eventually started tp learn metallurgy ? 

*  that is 'really dreamed up ' not  'forgot that they actually rally saw it in star trek or some old comic book ' . 

double post

23 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Dodging the answer again?

Can you provide your sources please. They do not seem to be accurate. Not sure what your point is, the attendances by faith in today's Educational institutions tell us what is happening now, not to mention Atheism didn't have a voice from most of the century, which tips the scales a bit. Which is why we see such different figures today. Even the man himself, Alfred Nobel was an Atheist. KNoledge erodes religion.

it is simple many of the nobel prize winners were not Christians, but were from other beliefs it is the only way to explain the two sets of figures. 

Not at all, that seems rather silly in fact. Religion in fact creates much animosity in this regard by offering that false sense of superiority, many religions refuse their faithful to marry outside of Church, and even in the West, beliefs still create a great deal of conflict with regards to union. 

If you dont get that ; greed,  lust, the desire for self gratification, selfishness, materialism etc are the cause of most modern social problems then we cant discuss this . If you cant see the break down in western societies as we abandon traditional values then ditto. 

"To You" is the key here. Someone who talks to God in his backyard and takes joyrides with aliens of an evening, as such, what you think is likely to be skewed to fit your whacky ideals. 

It is actually a rather childish and ignorant statement which refutes itself, you cannot prove a negative, so disbelief is just a childish term that religion has jailed your mind to accept, there are bigger worlds than disbelief and belief, that is where science comes in and supersedes that concept with "Most Likely" and "Least Likely" which makes it entirely different to "belief" and a Believer, this is why you are a good argument against religion, you have been conditioned to not only accept a non answer, you are trying to force your own belief with non answers onto others as if valid. You seem to be the only one unaware of the massive failure that your argument actually is.

With your attitude, and credulous claims, I honestly doubt that you will move past that concept in the remainder of your life. You are a good argument against religion, and how it herds people into religious mentality. These terms that you use only cement what I am saying. 

belief is a construct which knowledge cannot influence. I KNOW god  exists. you do not. You dont believe god exists but you cannot know that the does not. Fairr or not this is the only logicval rational correct resolution to our differences. if god actually had no physical existence this would be scientifically verifiable.  One can satisfactorily prove tha t unicorns do not exist but one cannot yet prove that gods do not.  

Funny, the gym I attend regularly seems to be full of such exceptions to the rule. Are they not to be counted for some reason? 

No not if your gym i full of 106 year old smokers with no experience with cancer.  WE KNOW how and why smoking causes cancer, and while there are exceptions this does NOT establish that smoking is safe.

Nope - that is called calling you out, whereby you try to misrepresent something as if true for your own ends. Like you did claiming Atheist sample groups existed, when quite clearly, you had misinterpreted the data to suit your own conclusion. The analogy of weak in faith was used to compare to weak in body "as a vegetarian is considered to be", by the Bible, so the source you say that says "Be a vegetarian" actually says the very opposite. 

The atheist sample groups DID exist in every peer reviewed study BECAUSE one cannot establish variences between atheists and believers without such a sample group. Many of the studies actually provided the numbers in the sources i provided. You are either lieng or did not read the sources or dont understand how statistical analysis works. 

And you clearly have NOT studied the words of the bible to deconstruct their meaning   It is agreed that this verse explains how people must be introduced to a strong faith gradually, just a s  weak person is fed soup or vegetables until they can stomach meat Meat was considered strong food, unsuitable for the weak, the ill or in some cases even women. 

Ask your God about it at your next backyard chat LOL ;) 

Cannot be though, as you say, your friend who shows up on your backyard is evolved, the God who spoke to alleged characters in history did not. He created everything, so you cannot create an environment and then evolve within it. Again, your claims challenge what is possible in reality.

Again if you actually read you bible you would find that this is one of the things god  did do. He appeared to people in dreams but also in the flesh, as a finger of flame, as a powerful human being and in other physical forms such as a burning bush The consistent point was that in EVERY form, god communicated directly to a human being.

You keep insisting that is the case, if it is, why not impress this community where you spend so much time? Your claims are so ridiculous, your interpretations so biased, I do not see how you depart from that in real life, which results in something other than what you are claiming in general. How about validation by example?

I say proof is in the pudding, illustrate here how well you get along with others, not really seeing it to date, I see someone obsessed with themselves and insisting that their individual interpretations override all others to the point of presenting ridiculously biased sources such as Conservapedia. 

This is an example of your disbelief  and your bias. Nothing i can do about either unless you would like to walk around my town and wider community for a week with me to see how others treat me. 

So you never had a good night out and let your hair down?
GOSH, that explains more than you realise!! Everybody should release that pressure valve from time to time and let rip. 

I love pain, I put myself into it three times a week at gym, pain is just weakness leaving the body. 

It WORKS for me. My doctor himself said gym kept me out of Hospital last year after suffering a series of personal challenges. Had I continued going to Church, having those nice bikies and cakes after mass, I might be dead of a heart attack myself, just like my best friend from school who passed last year from a heart attack. First thing I did was drop Cholesterol and 20 kilos.

:) 

I dont get stressed or angry or afraid or worried or depressed, so i dont need any relief from such things .  I walk ride and garden which keeps me fit and healthy.  I have no problem with your lifestyle but would ask WHY you need a relief from stress anger etc?  I do not NEED any external form of release such as alcohol or drugs  No human truly needs such things  We have the abilty in ourselves to live without any need for them, and to be happy. They also cause physical harm.

pain is a warning of something pphysically wrong and should be listened to  While one can eliminate pain using the mind, this is not good in the long run as one should address the cause of any pain and eliminate it. 

Good to know that you feel qualified to judge if people need religion or not :tu:

Can you spell "hypocrite"? Not sure how else one would describe a heavily biased religious person deciding if one needs religion or not to remain true! 

You clearly didnt get what i was saying here. 

Quite an assumption on your behalf. Sheri has offered a smiley emoticon that has made my day better before, same with Stubbs, not possible but you reckon? 

Depends on the situation and the person. 

But the main point you seem to have missed it it does not take all that much to brighten anothers day. 

or here A word cant stop guilt It can make a person feel better but people choose their emotions. I help  people feel better about themselves  every day with words but also action which are far more effective.

Yes they are, we have been over this, you told me how you have travelled the Solar System in your friends spaceship in one night, not even light can do that, and when I pointed that out you started floundering in Sci Fi and switched to matter transfer, which never was a "spaceship" either. You are getting tangled up in your own tall tales. 

Simply put, some of the claims you have made are indeed physically impossible. Your credibility in such matters is now shot to pieces. 

You confuse some non verifiable experiences with some non verifiable ones  Ive never travelled in a friends spaceship in the solar system  only projected my consciousness to observe many of the physical natural locations long before we had space ships. or space telescopes.   However basically almost nothing is physically impossible if you have the knowldge or technology to achieve it. 

That is the same rubbish Hab pedals. Convince yourself that God is listening and he will hear you!!! 

LOL, what a HUGE steaming pile of cobblers!!! That is instruction in self delusion, nothing short of hilarious that the only two who do not recognise how amusing that farce is are the ones pedalling it!! 

Seems to be how the pair of you approach physics too going by the nature of the posts!!! 

It s real   I tried to expalin it and typically you just use name calling.  You so strongly believe this is rubbish that until god physically imposes on you, you simply CAN NOT see the possibility of truth in this Worse you cant even see how shutting your eyes doesn't make the monster any less real  .  

Ya think??????

That is that "inner path to true religiosity" LOL! Convincing oneself. 

Really not a good sign of:w00t: validity, rather the opposite - you do realise this? 

Gullibility, do you want the most powerful being in the Universe to take a special interest in you? Just imagine it!! Plenty of others do, so there is always a massive appeal to authority to fall back on!! 

And yet you ascribe the the Old Testament, which very much states God is judge and Jury, you seems very confused about your faith, and how to intertwine it with the faith of others. You claim your personal Backyard God is the same as others, yet is an evolved being, it had to have been part of an evolved species, meaning more than one, yet referring back to the Old Testament, your claims again contradict themselves, which seems to be happening more often of late?

1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

So ....... either your Alien God is a species unto himself, or he is pulling your leg. One of the God's you have faith in seems to be here anyway! 

Maybe it is just me, but God does not seem to be showing up in everyone's backyard, they tend to go to Church to make that connection. Do you have numerous examples of people claiming God shows up for backyards chats and take people on joy rides through the Solar system -  or is that yet another God/Alien or other? 

That sounds like self delusion, not sure how else others might see that, but let's see if any comments support it, and who they come from should they appear ;)

I mean, how is talking yourself into something not self delusion? That is pretty much were "self willed" is leading here. 

So, to cut the the chase, yes, you see yourself as better than others. 

No, it is not factually true, you stated you are so awesome because you do stuff everyone does, i.e.:

I don't steal, lie, commit violent acts, I have control of my behaviour a t all times.  Ive never cheated on my wife in thought or deed  I respect community values and laws and am not just a good citizen but have never encountered any problem with the law

All values Islam also holds in high regard, I mean, what could go wrong with that? 

Besides the bleeding obvious I mean. 

Not true either, you insist Atheist sample groups have been considered in the studies you claims  they are one, when the studies clearly state "Nonreligious" You are trying to convert people to your conclusion without evidence, and have the gall to present the extremely biased Conservapedia, which did not help to support your view, but rather, exposed them for the bigoted biased claim that it is. 

Still waiting for a link to those Athiest sample groups.............

I find it interesting that rather than condense your answer, how does finding your life to be rather average somehow translate into my own responsibilities? And what do you perceive such responsibilities to be? 

Not a problem, you want to point me at one? 

I have little doubt they too realise their abusers are the minority, of that was not the case, their actions would not create such controversy and it would not be against the law. People like you are the ones who create the bad blood for men overall and give some the impression that ALL Men are such evil creatures, and your ilk have now created a culture whereby men are guilty until proven innocent - twice over!!! 

Now - what were you saying about male suicide? Have a closer look. Your self serving loving view is part of the problem.  Problem being, men women, we are all people, and suffer from human fallibilities. We need to prosecute bad people who do bad, not stereotype a hype up to vilify a certain group. In your desire to impress others with your upstanding notions, you left your fellow man high and dry. 

LINK - How many more men have to be driven to such despair that they kill themselves?
Randy Orville Brouse, 33, of Illinois, when jailed for felony failure to pay child support, hung himself on July 21, 2003.  Prior to his death, he was one of 50 Hillsdale County's "Most Wanted". 

LINK - Ex-wife drives her husband to commit suicide and now claims his note is her intellectual property.

I’m pulling this story from AVfM (with permission) to bring to your attention a truly tragic case of family courts Does a wife who may have driven a husband to suicide with the assistance of our corrupt family court system, then have a legal right to claim copyright — of his suicide note?

According to attorney Rachelle E. Hill, of Bean, Kinney and Korman, and a judge, that is precisely the claim. Their lawyer has written the offices of A Voice for Men to demand that we remove a post from the forums containing the note.

Men are people too, believe it or not. 

How on earth might you come to such a conclusion?  You may have been attempting to discredit me I guess, but my first thought is that you have comprehension problems! 

Because it is not in line with your "values" that you claim to uphold. Nor is that the sort of thing that makes the world a better place. It seems to put your abilities more into perspective offer the more likely conclusion of peeping tom. And your inability to showcase your "powers" only furthers that suspicion. 

I just see no reason to believe that at all. You were saying that your sister seems to have more common sense with regards to your wild unsupported claims, if everyone was like you, they just might have a rational sister too. If the entire world was as irrational as you, we would still be in caves praying for better health instead of building hospitals. 

It is not "both ways" You are making the assumption that you obtained this information through some special power, I am not. From my perspective, the most likely solution is peeping tom. That you refuse to, and are therefore obviously unable to showcase such talents just tells me you make this up as you go along. What logical reason do I have to think otherwise? 

As I said, if such a Mr Walker exists let's see him, you are describing someone very different to what I am seeing. 

Astral form, Good God, you do realise you are talking to me now? I do not accept your flimsy claims as valid. You might as well say you ride the Flying Spaghetti Monster to her window with Harry Potter's Invisible cloak. Try again. I am not as gullible as you make this poor woman out to be. 

Bwahahaha, that is downright ridiculous. Not allowed to enter huh? Yeah .... sure   :rolleyes: I'd like to seem them verify that one! And yet, here you are not a billionaire or anything with all this inside information! 

Tell ya what, give me the numbers to a sole win over 20 million and I will not only apologise publicly, I will fly over to WA and buy you and your wife dinner - and apologize again personally, you can tape it and post it here. 

Walker, you cannot even "find" an atheist sample group from your own claims!!

gonna have to conclude this later. work to do. 

40 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Whew!

Seems like reading a book after a while.

There is something to be said in favour of limiting post size.

5 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

Whew!

Seems like reading a book after a while.

If you put him on ignore, it all becomes a thin grey band of insignificance .   :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

There is something to be said in favour of limiting post size.

I just said it       :) 

• Like 1

physic 101.  the only knowledge that erodes religion is false knowledge.

danielost . if religion is not supported by knowledge it is false religion, based on childish fear and superstition . 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2016 at 1:57 PM, Mr Walker said:

it is simple many of the nobel prize winners were not Christians, but were from other beliefs it is the only way to explain the two sets of figures. 

Remember the "nonreligious" group that brought your "Religious people Vs Atheists health claim undone? You keep making assumptions and your data set is short. Error is just a consequence. You cannot see it because you keep making the same error. 

If you dont get that ; greed,  lust, the desire for self gratification, selfishness, materialism etc are the cause of most modern social problems then we cant discuss this . If you cant see the break down in western societies as we abandon traditional values then ditto. 

No we cannot discuss this, because you are insisting your conclusion is valid when it is not. You want to attribute everything good in your life to belief, and everything bad to man, it wraps things up nicely and self validates your thoughts and way of life. You seem to claim you are so well loved by your community, but you cannot discuss a subject amicably with half a dozen posters. The common denominator is eluding you here, which is really what the problem is. Materialism is like religion in many ways, it offers comforts to some at the expense of others. It is not as complex as you make out, you are just structuring arguments to support your views. Well, I and many others as anyone can see disagree with your interpretations and refuse your personal definitions. This is a community. Standards apply. 

belief is a construct which knowledge cannot influence.

That is utter tosh. Beliefs do not change facts, however, facts, if one is rational, should change beliefs. 

I KNOW god  exists. you do not.

From what I can tell you pretend God exists to fill whatever the hole is that exists in your life. I KNOW what you describe if physically impossible, therefore the "most likely"conclusion is that your God chats take place in a fantasy world. That is more likely than the tall tales you depart. 

You dont believe god exists but you cannot know that the does not.

No more than you cannot prove that Giant Pink Unicorns do not hibernate in a crater on the far side of the moon and bestow supernatural gifts and kindness upon humans every 3,000 years. I do not really care about the God's man makes up all the time, as I have mentioned many times, we have made over a thousand God's in our written history, your's is just another to add to that silly list. I deal with the argument of a creator, for which evidence offers the most likely conclusions to be that he does not exist. The sort of God's that are imagined up at the drop of the hat make no impact in this big picture, apart from the tall tales you have told here at UM, your God does not exist. He exists in your personal stories, nothing more. 

Fairr or not this is the only logicval rational correct resolution to our differences. if god actually had no physical existence this would be scientifically verifiable.  One can satisfactorily prove tha t unicorns do not exist but one cannot yet prove that gods do not.  

Go right ahead and PROVE that Unicorns do not exist, heck prove they do not have supernatural magical powers while you are at it. 

No not if your gym i full of 106 year old smokers with no experience with cancer.  WE KNOW how and why smoking causes cancer, and while there are exceptions this does NOT establish that smoking is safe.

Not what we were talking about, squirming does not help the situation. You were telling me how religion, or faith/belief offers health benefits, when the data you produced tells me that if religious people think they are letting God down, they stress more, which has an impact on their health. 

Nothing to do with cigarettes, your curve ball is knocked out of the park. You used it as an example, remember?

You are the 105 years old smoker who never got cancer and so has decided that smoking causes no harm.  You are lucky but not representative

Insinuating that my healthy lifestyle is somehow an exception to the rule? You have crashed and burned on this subject, the best health plan is to actively instigate one, not pray for God to exercise and diet for you. Which when you think about it is lazy.

The atheist sample groups DID exist in every peer reviewed study BECAUSE one cannot establish variences between atheists and believers without such a sample group. Many of the studies actually provided the numbers in the sources i provided. You are either lieng or did not read the sources or dont understand how statistical analysis works. 

No, the sample groups do not exist, that is just a fib. IF they DID exist, then you could have posted that data, you have had weeks to do so, and failed to do so. Just like I said you would and as others have for that matter, because you are making up your own conclusions which do not actually exist 

What you are doing now is inferring the atheists groups exists because your misunderstood the original conclusion in your zealous attempt to shore up your personal understanding of the data. YOu are wrong, and simply refuse to admit that, even though many others have come to the very same conclusions I have.

Go right ahead, it is not too late to link to those atheist sample groups and prove what you are saying is correct, because according to you links, all I see is a gross misunderstanding in your behalf. 

Pretty sure there is something about posting false information in the rules, do we have to have this aspect of the discussion moderated in order to secure a conclusion and stop your inane soap box rants about your misunderstandings? Bit on the nose to keep seeing you repeat that same disjointed nonsense time and again, and I am sure most posters are over your instance of accepting you personal conclusions of the data, time to put it to bed I think. 

Or, again - you could just produce those atheist sample groups that you insist exist, but do not seem to at all. I do not accept your inferences as accepted logical conclusions from the data. They are simply not supported. 

And you clearly have NOT studied the words of the bible to deconstruct their meaning   It is agreed that this verse explains how people must be introduced to a strong faith gradually, just a s  weak person is fed soup or vegetables until they can stomach meat Meat was considered strong food, unsuitable for the weak, the ill or in some cases even women. 

Keep interpreting as long as you want, it is the new way for Christianity anyway. Again. no I do not accept your personal interpretation which you have concocted to make appear to support your views. It does not say "to build strength as in one who is weak" it says "weak like one who eats vegetables" You said it says to follow a vegetarian diet, but it says vegetarians are weak. Simple as that, it does not imply that vegetarian diets are superior as you claimed the Bible states. 

Again if you actually read you bible you would find that this is one of the things god  did do. He appeared to people in dreams but also in the flesh, as a finger of flame, as a powerful human being and in other physical forms such as a burning bush The consistent point was that in EVERY form, god communicated directly to a human being.

Go right ahead and quote the Biblical verse that states that "God evolved" The creator does not "evolve" the creator creates an environment to evolve in, it wont work the other way around. 

No, that was not the point, the point was God's existence as evolved or beyond evolution within the material universe. 

This is an example of your disbelief  and your bias. Nothing i can do about either unless you would like to walk around my town and wider community for a week with me to see how others treat me. 

Of course there is plenty you can do, show the UM people this alleged charm that makes you so popular because I just ain't seeing it. 

I dont get stressed or angry or afraid or worried or depressed, so i dont need any relief from such things .  I walk ride and garden which keeps me fit and healthy.  I have no problem with your lifestyle but would ask WHY you need a relief from stress anger etc?  I do not NEED any external form of release such as alcohol or drugs  No human truly needs such things  We have the abilty in ourselves to live without any need for them, and to be happy. They also cause physical harm.

Are you serious? Why do I get stressed or frustrated?

Because I am human, that is why. 

I not only have two kids entering teen years, enough of a challenge trudging through that stage of life on a good day, I have a high pressure job, I have a mortgage, school fees, bills, the normal stuff that stresses people out. Unless your wife carries the can, and you just bludge, hard to see how it does not stress you from time to time. That is just life.

pain is a warning of something pphysically wrong and should be listened to  While one can eliminate pain using the mind, this is not good in the long run as one should address the cause of any pain and eliminate it.

Not when you use it to better yourself, then it tells me when I am working the right muscle groups. Sweat is just fat crying.

Gosh Walker. What do you call working out? Getting out of your chair? 

BP2sedhPzN_s5d8jy_TTnc_LZeLjJ6yJLmkXVYWf

You clearly didnt get what i was saying here. 

Did you? Honest question. 

Depends on the situation and the person. 

But the main point you seem to have missed it it does not take all that much to brighten anothers day. 

or here A word cant stop guilt It can make a person feel better but people choose their emotions. I help  people feel better about themselves  every day with words but also action which are far more effective. 

Uh uh - you are stealing my line here, of course we do not need religion to be happy, we can make that happen ourselves. And it is far more satisfying. 

You confuse some non verifiable experiences with some non verifiable ones  Ive never travelled in a friends spaceship in the solar system  only projected my consciousness to observe many of the physical natural locations long before we had space ships. or space telescopes.   However basically almost nothing is physically impossible if you have the knowldge or technology to achieve it. 

Does not sound like tht to me:

Your quotes:

On my initial voyages outwards, back in the 1950s and early 60's it was like carl sagans documentaries much later. I almost "jumped" from planet to planet, and slowed down to see them as i passed. This was akin to my travel on earth where i travelled very fast over boring oceans etc. then slowed down at the interesing bits. But i was travelling at light speed or faster (literally the speed of thought) once in space.

Then you said you enter the mind of the navigator, in effect entering the material Universe again:

. If you enter the mind of a space ship navigator you can experience and see what it is seeing, but without transferable language or knowledge you cant really learn a lot of specifics from it like how to navigate a star ship

AND .....

You keep saying "the speed of thought is faster than the speed of light so you can travel anywhere instantaneously.

Guess what.

It is not - it has been measured and it is about 120 meters per second vs 300 million meters per second for light. And that is for fast reactions. Significantly slower reactions can be had due to myelin covering the neuron.

How much myelination a neuron has is also important. Some nerve cells have myelin cells that wrap around the neuron to provide a type of insulation sheath. The myelin sheath isn’t completely continuous along a neuron; there are small gaps in which the nerve cell is exposed. Nerve signals effectively jump from exposed section to exposed section instead of traveling the full extent of the neuronal surface. So signals move much faster in neurons that have myelin sheaths than in neurons that don’t. The message will get to New York sooner if it passes from cellphone tower to cellphone tower than if the courier drives the message along each and every inch of the road. In the human context, the signals carried by the large-diameter, myelinated neurons that link the spinal cord to the muscles can travel at speeds ranging from 70-120 meters per second (m/s) (156-270 miles per hour[mph]), while signals traveling along the same paths carried by the small-diameter, unmyelinated fibers of the pain receptors travel at speeds ranging from 0.5-2 m/s (1.1-4.4 mph). That’s quite a difference!

LINK

And there goes yet another claim down in flames. You keep peddling Sci Fi as if sceince. 

It s real   I tried to expalin it and typically you just use name calling.  You so strongly believe this is rubbish that until god physically imposes on you, you simply CAN NOT see the possibility of truth in this Worse you cant even see how shutting your eyes doesn't make the monster any less real  .  

It is not real, and calling you out is not name calling, it is an accurate description, the most likely conclusion is that this is fantasy according to logic, common sense and knowledge gathered by humanity. 

Your personal religious manifestation has jailed you with belief, other concepts appear to be beyond you. The monster is not real, and I fart in it's general direction. I can read, and I can use my brain, that dissolves the monster. 

gonna have to conclude this later. work to do. 

Take your time, no rush. 

You can try to walk in my shoes, but you will never fit in my genes. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2016 at 7:06 PM, back to earth said:

If you put him on ignore, it all becomes a thin grey band of insignificance .   :) 

Ignore does that too huh.........

• Like 1

On 10/2/2016 at 3:25 AM, danielost said:

physic 101.  the only knowledge that erodes religion is false knowledge.

That makes you look like  false prophet Daniel, in fact the one who would come later mentioned in the Bible.

There are fossils, lineages, DNA evidence, it is nothing short of overwhelming supporting natural selection and evolution. Because they exist, you are a false prophet. Beware of yourself. 

4VgVFJc4kNhcUWkApt5DMvjUEMhR3zdrdX1Ln_qo

Edited by psyche101

the fossils are younger than science says.  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=human+footprints+alongside+dinosaur+footprints&qpvt=human+foot+prints+along+side+dinosaur+foot+prints&qpvt=human+foot+prints+along+side+dinosaur+foot+prints&qpvt=human+foot+prints+along+side+dinosaur+foot+prints&FORM=IGRE

there's your lineage.  dna evidence could be backwards.

if it is survival of the fittest.  where are the other humanoid species.  humans are the least fittest to survive natural selection, with out our tech.

Edited by danielost

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Remember the "nonreligious" group that brought your "Religious people Vs Atheists health claim undone? You keep making assumptions and your data set is short. Error is just a consequence. You cannot see it because you keep making the same error. 

No we cannot discuss this, because you are insisting your conclusion is valid when it is not. You want to attribute everything good in your life to belief, and everything bad to man, it wraps things up nicely and self validates your thoughts and way of life. You seem to claim you are so well loved by your community, but you cannot discuss a subject amicably with half a dozen posters. The common denominator is eluding you here, which is really what the problem is. Materialism is like religion in many ways, it offers comforts to some at the expense of others. It is not as complex as you make out, you are just structuring arguments to support your views. Well, I and many others as anyone can see disagree with your interpretations and refuse your personal definitions. This is a community. Standards apply. 

That is utter tosh. Beliefs do not change facts, however, facts, if one is rational, should change beliefs. 

From what I can tell you pretend God exists to fill whatever the hole is that exists in your life. I KNOW what you describe if physically impossible, therefore the "most likely"conclusion is that your God chats take place in a fantasy world. That is more likely than the tall tales you depart. 

No more than you cannot prove that Giant Pink Unicorns do not hibernate in a crater on the far side of the moon and bestow supernatural gifts and kindness upon humans every 3,000 years. I do not really care about the God's man makes up all the time, as I have mentioned many times, we have made over a thousand God's in our written history, your's is just another to add to that silly list. I deal with the argument of a creator, for which evidence offers the most likely conclusions to be that he does not exist. The sort of God's that are imagined up at the drop of the hat make no impact in this big picture, apart from the tall tales you have told here at UM, your God does not exist. He exists in your personal stories, nothing more. 

Go right ahead and PROVE that Unicorns do not exist, heck prove they do not have supernatural magical powers while you are at it. 

Not what we were talking about, squirming does not help the situation. You were telling me how religion, or faith/belief offers health benefits, when the data you produced tells me that if religious people think they are letting God down, they stress more, which has an impact on their health. 

Nothing to do with cigarettes, your curve ball is knocked out of the park. You used it as an example, remember?

You are the 105 years old smoker who never got cancer and so has decided that smoking causes no harm.  You are lucky but not representative

Insinuating that my healthy lifestyle is somehow an exception to the rule? You have crashed and burned on this subject, the best health plan is to actively instigate one, not pray for God to exercise and diet for you. Which when you think about it is lazy.

No, the sample groups do not exist, that is just a fib. IF they DID exist, then you could have posted that data, you have had weeks to do so, and failed to do so. Just like I said you would and as others have for that matter, because you are making up your own conclusions which do not actually exist 

What you are doing now is inferring the atheists groups exists because your misunderstood the original conclusion in your zealous attempt to shore up your personal understanding of the data. YOu are wrong, and simply refuse to admit that, even though many others have come to the very same conclusions I have.

Go right ahead, it is not too late to link to those atheist sample groups and prove what you are saying is correct, because according to you links, all I see is a gross misunderstanding in your behalf. 

Pretty sure there is something about posting false information in the rules, do we have to have this aspect of the discussion moderated in order to secure a conclusion and stop your inane soap box rants about your misunderstandings? Bit on the nose to keep seeing you repeat that same disjointed nonsense time and again, and I am sure most posters are over your instance of accepting you personal conclusions of the data, time to put it to bed I think. 

Or, again - you could just produce those atheist sample groups that you insist exist, but do not seem to at all. I do not accept your inferences as accepted logical conclusions from the data. They are simply not supported. 

Keep interpreting as long as you want, it is the new way for Christianity anyway. Again. no I do not accept your personal interpretation which you have concocted to make appear to support your views. It does not say "to build strength as in one who is weak" it says "weak like one who eats vegetables" You said it says to follow a vegetarian diet, but it says vegetarians are weak. Simple as that, it does not imply that vegetarian diets are superior as you claimed the Bible states. 

Go right ahead and quote the Biblical verse that states that "God evolved" The creator does not "evolve" the creator creates an environment to evolve in, it wont work the other way around. 

No, that was not the point, the point was God's existence as evolved or beyond evolution within the material universe. 

Of course there is plenty you can do, show the UM people this alleged charm that makes you so popular because I just ain't seeing it. 

Are you serious? Why do I get stressed or frustrated?

Because I am human, that is why. 

I not only have two kids entering teen years, enough of a challenge trudging through that stage of life on a good day, I have a high pressure job, I have a mortgage, school fees, bills, the normal stuff that stresses people out. Unless your wife carries the can, and you just bludge, hard to see how it does not stress you from time to time. That is just life.

Not when you use it to better yourself, then it tells me when I am working the right muscle groups. Sweat is just fat crying.

Gosh Walker. What do you call working out? Getting out of your chair? 

BP2sedhPzN_s5d8jy_TTnc_LZeLjJ6yJLmkXVYWf

Did you? Honest question. 

Uh uh - you are stealing my line here, of course we do not need religion to be happy, we can make that happen ourselves. And it is far more satisfying. 

Does not sound like tht to me:

Your quotes:

On my initial voyages outwards, back in the 1950s and early 60's it was like carl sagans documentaries much later. I almost "jumped" from planet to planet, and slowed down to see them as i passed. This was akin to my travel on earth where i travelled very fast over boring oceans etc. then slowed down at the interesing bits. But i was travelling at light speed or faster (literally the speed of thought) once in space.

Then you said you enter the mind of the navigator, in effect entering the material Universe again:

. If you enter the mind of a space ship navigator you can experience and see what it is seeing, but without transferable language or knowledge you cant really learn a lot of specifics from it like how to navigate a star ship

AND .....

You keep saying "the speed of thought is faster than the speed of light so you can travel anywhere instantaneously.

Guess what.

It is not - it has been measured and it is about 120 meters per second vs 300 million meters per second for light. And that is for fast reactions. Significantly slower reactions can be had due to myelin covering the neuron.

How much myelination a neuron has is also important. Some nerve cells have myelin cells that wrap around the neuron to provide a type of insulation sheath. The myelin sheath isn’t completely continuous along a neuron; there are small gaps in which the nerve cell is exposed. Nerve signals effectively jump from exposed section to exposed section instead of traveling the full extent of the neuronal surface. So signals move much faster in neurons that have myelin sheaths than in neurons that don’t. The message will get to New York sooner if it passes from cellphone tower to cellphone tower than if the courier drives the message along each and every inch of the road. In the human context, the signals carried by the large-diameter, myelinated neurons that link the spinal cord to the muscles can travel at speeds ranging from 70-120 meters per second (m/s) (156-270 miles per hour[mph]), while signals traveling along the same paths carried by the small-diameter, unmyelinated fibers of the pain receptors travel at speeds ranging from 0.5-2 m/s (1.1-4.4 mph). That’s quite a difference!

LINK

And there goes yet another claim down in flames. You keep peddling Sci Fi as if sceince. 

It is not real, and calling you out is not name calling, it is an accurate description, the most likely conclusion is that this is fantasy according to logic, common sense and knowledge gathered by humanity. 

Your personal religious manifestation has jailed you with belief, other concepts appear to be beyond you. The monster is not real, and I fart in it's general direction. I can read, and I can use my brain, that dissolves the monster. 

Take your time, no rush. 

You can try to walk in my shoes, but you will never fit in my genes. 

Excellent responses to the BS Walker  continually posts here !  

He seems to think his mere insistence gains him points.  Its like a guy playing tennis tring to argue the ball was in; the other player knows it was not, the ref knows it was not, the crowd knows it was not. ... but the guy is still insisting .

P 101 is like the video replay. 

Walker is the player, now suggesting that some passing UFO or unknown force  has disrupted the video signal and it is not a correct depiction of him or what happened .

But we all  watching  and ......   "really dude ?   ... Really   ! ?  .....   Wow .... what a case !   " 

At least other players here do a McEnroe , spit chips and storm off .... this one ....  he has impervious armor  .... impervious to his own  .....   (well, I shouldn't say that word here ) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, danielost said:

Lost Danial ... why do you keep lying to us and posting fake evidence ?

Image result for human footprints next to dinosaur footprints are faked

" ...these anachronistic "human" footprints have been determined to be mistaken interpretation or hoaxes  " 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paluxy_River

https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbp17

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy.html

Its rather desperate,  obvious, sad and  absolutely non convincing of the plethora of silly and stupid ideas you continually post in some attempt to shore up your own belief system. 

Why keep doing the same thing over and over again when you have been so obviously busted before.  If you were my son, I would say ;

Image result for father son talk

"Son , if you are going to lie, at least make it a believable lie ! " 

• Like 2

so because you made some fakes then I am suppose to think their all fake or wrong.  butm your science can't be wrong.   welcome to religion.

32 minutes ago, danielost said:

so because you made some fakes then I am suppose to think their all fake or wrong.  butm your science can't be wrong.   welcome to religion.

Science is self correcting. New information brings about a change in what was once knew. Religion doesn't do this, it ignores facts and only accept the "sacred word" as truth. No wiggle room.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Science is self correcting. New information brings about a change in what was once knew. Religion doesn't do this, it ignores facts and only accept the "sacred word" as truth. No wiggle room.

Man... That sounds so familiar!!... Now, where have i heard that before?? Was it this post??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danielost said:

Now you are just blathering and not making sense.   What fakes did I make ?   the rest is incoherent, so I cant really comment. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nah ....  we get 'updates' remember , from the Pope and heads of other sects , designed to 'modernize '  ( read , desperately change the unchangeable to address the issue of drastically falling numbers ) ! 

and . strangely enough, they seem to have the same effect\ as the 'updates' my computer continually seems to need (or have imposed upon it ) .  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Man... That sounds so familiar!!... Now, where have i heard that before?? Was it this post??

Microsoft ? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, danielost said:

Have you heard of the Creationist Berney Neufeld? He did quite an extensive study on the Paluxy site, and had to admit, they are not Dinosaur tracks.

CONCLUSION

The Glen Rose region of the Paluxy River does not provide good evidence for the past existence of giant men. Nor does it provide evidence for the co-existence of such man (or other large mammals) and the giant dinosaurs. It seems likely in retrospect that the rumors of giant-man tracks had their origin in the discovery of tracks similar to the elongate tracks of Series 2.

LINK

Crikey Daniel, even creationists do not believe that one anymore! It is the Creationist version of Piltdown man. 

there's your lineage.  dna evidence could be backwards.

DNA does not work like that Daniel. It confirms genetic markers, not historical ones. It means we are all related, the common ancestor thing. That is the thing with evolution, it does not have "one proof" it has numerous proofs that support each other. 

if it is survival of the fittest.  where are the other humanoid species. 

All dead, we outcompeted them. Neanderthal seems to have been one of the last to survive, although Homo Floresiensis lasted longer, but in isolation being brought to extinction by a Volcano. 

humans are the least fittest to survive natural selection, with out our tech.

You better not tell that to all the Australian Indigenous in the top end still living traditionally, as many natives still do in many places around the world. Because if you did - would they die? Even though they have not left the stone age yet? 

Remember these guys? They refute that, and live with nature.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danielost said:

so because you made some fakes then I am suppose to think their all fake or wrong. 

Creationists created the hoax surrounding those very real footprints. They are very much real Daniel, what they are not is human. 

What is all fake and wrong? You offered one hoax, that does not mean anything about anything, just like Piltdown man does not have any impact on the process of evolution. It was a hoax, that has nothing to do with what is real. If you have more examples, knock yourself out and post away. 

butm your science can't be wrong.  

Explain Phlogiston then, and how we managed to move from that to elements. 

welcome to religion.

No thanks. You can keep it. Utter nonsense it is. 

5 hours ago, back to earth said:

Excellent responses to the BS Walker  continually posts here !  

Cheers mate I am not letting him of the hook with this one ;) 

He seems to think his mere insistence gains him points.  Its like a guy playing tennis tring to argue the ball was in; the other player knows it was not, the ref knows it was not, the crowd knows it was not. ... but the guy is still insisting .

At least he is not arguing ........ he is just explaining why he is right........... without evidence .... by inference ......

He said he taught adults, but has mentioned thing like "what I might teach a ten year old today" I am not sure if even he knows who he is! Imagine having Walker as a teacher!! The mind boggles!!!!!!

P 101 is like the video replay. 

But controlled by Bobcat Goldthwait..........

Walker is the player, now suggesting that some passing UFO or unknown force  has disrupted the video signal and it is not a correct depiction of him or what happened .

Just explaining why he is right, and everyone else is wrong again ......

But we all  watching  and ......   "really dude ?   ... Really   ! ?  .....   Wow .... what a case !   " 

At least other players here do a McEnroe , spit chips and storm off .... this one ....  he has impervious armor  .... impervious to his own  .....   (well, I shouldn't say that word here ) 

But so charming! Just ask him ;) So loved in his community, but cannot discuss a simple thing like a sample group with half a dozen people!! 

Something is dodgy in Denmark, and it is not rollmops! 

3 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

peer-review-nick-kim-cartoon3-resize.jpg

• Like 2