Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germans told to stockpile food and water

rashore

For the first time since the Cold War the German government is advising citizens to stockpile food and water for use in a national emergency.

Some opposition MPs said the new civil defence concept, to go before ministers on Wednesday, was scaremongering.

Citizens are advised to store enough food to last them 10 days, because initially a disaster might put national emergency services beyond reach.

Five days' water - two litres (half a gallon) per person daily - is advised.

The German news website Frankfurter Allgemeine (FAZ) said the new concept was set out in a 69-page German Interior Ministry document.

The document said "an attack on German territory, requiring conventional defence of the nation, is unlikely". But, it said, a major security threat to the nation in future could not be ruled out, so civil defence measures were necessary.

Soon, Germans began tweeting ironically under the hashtag "Hamsterkaeufe" (panic-buying).

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37155060

• Like 1

i seen this thread held back in responding to see how much interest it would generate. - none it seems.

So citizens told to stockpile food and water, and another headline "Germany considers return of conscription for civil defence"

What is going on behind the scenes in Germany. all those refugees are not going to be happy if it all kicks off, after swimming and walking all them hundreds of miles, but on the bright side the field Hospitals will be well manned, with all those doctors, nurses and engineers Germany as recently aquired. #allwelcome.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

I'm a bit surprised honestly Steve.

While I'm the last person to be an alarmist about stocking up just in case.. And understand that civil defense can include things like weather disasters- I hear civil defense reports of stock up on water in the summer, pack in the shovel and salt in the winter- harsh winter coming up, stock up. I live in a heavy radio PSA area, and listen to it most of the day.

But there have been some other headlines coming up too..That seem to indicate more of a stock up, human effedupness might be coming. I might not have really thought about it, but the topic I posted here came hours after this UM topic:

I had my topic passed on to me by a friend completely randomly aside from UM.. It seemed interesting. And since that happened hot on the heels of another Germany odd one.. I tend to flavor this topic a bit more ominously. Not just stock up because it's likely to be a harsh winter.. but also unsaid but potentially stock up because other could be going on. 

• Like 1

Better to be prepared then not. With such unpredictable weather patterns now a days, flooding, hurricanes, typhoons, cyclones, tsunamis on top of earthquakes, sink holes and very strong possibilities of power outages and 

cyber attacks,  only a fool wouldn't be prepared. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

To stockpile some food and water for 10 days should be a matter of course. The strange thing is that it has to be mentioned.

And for refugees used as 'slaves', well, I remember my first angry reaction last year when I heard about the Merkel order to let everyone in. It is obvious that the industry is behind this. I used the word 'cheap worker' rather than 'slave' back then.

German governments are very easy to understand. They do literally anything what the industry/economy desires. Whether this is good or bad for the people is not relevant.  Only greed is the moving power.
Terrorist threats will be used to have an excuse to further develop a police and surveillance state.

• Like 1

On 24.8.2016 at 9:10 PM, stevewinn said:

i seen this thread held back in responding to see how much interest it would generate. - none it seems.

Well, from my point of view and as a German I have to say that our Interior Minister Thomas de Misery Maiziere is a person who is very talented to say the wrong things at the wrong time. He is a kind of commedian but a very bad one and I cannot take this guy, and what he say, serious anymore. Examples: in 2015 he criticized the so called Mare Nostrum operation because it "support immigrant smuggler gangs". Last November, after an international soccer match to be held in Hannover/Germany had been cancelled due to a terror warning he answered in a press conference to the question by a journalist if he could give more information about the issue: " a part of that answer would worry the community members." Thats moron style. If there would be something that would worry the community, he should be able to, as a highly payed politican and in a key position, give a neutral answer and not such BS.

• Like 1