Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are orbs real?

camdelcie1

I would like to share this picture that I took the other night.  My hobby is astronomy and I was observing with my telescope and taking a few pictures that night in my backyard.  I noticed something blue that I was able to see only through the lens of my camera.  I took a couple pictures of the blue orb out of curiosity.  I have a couple more pictures but the download space is too small.  I will post them asap. My question is: are orbs a real thing?  share your opinions about this phenomena. Thanks

P1000319 (2).JPG

• Like 1

There is the second picture with the same orb in the sky

rsz_orb20222222.png

0rb3500.jpg

0rb5000.jpg

Edited by camdelcie1

Yes, usually orbs are real. But what they actually are depends. Dust, moisture, bugs, lighting artifacts, other tec crap I don't know but other members here do.. From the spookier side, ghosts, wee folks, strange light critters... but usually the more mundane explanations are what orbs actually are.

• Like 2

As is stated, orbs are nothing more than out-of-focus things near the camera lens, or out-of-focus sources of light at varying distances.  They are not paranormal.

• Like 1

Or light reflecting off the lens, like in the photo above. Flaws in the lens can cause it too. 

• Like 1

Orbs are apparently no longer considered as anything of the Paranormal, and disregarded by most Paranormal researchers and investigators. I believe what primarily causes an Orb like effect on images, is/ are digital cameras flash, dust particles on lens or air, moisture, lens flare and so on,...

• Like 1

I take a lot of pictures because of my astronomy hobby.  I never saw anything on my pictures before.  Your explanation made a lot of sense.  Moist or dust seems to be the most logical explanation.  Thanks all of you for your opinion.  Best regards:)

• Like 1

And spend a little time learning about bokeh and lens flares - they are closely related and you'll see a lot of them in all sorts of combinations when using lenses...

• Like 2

Yes orbs are very real! I know this because I see them.

I 1st saw them in the game Doom. These blue floating things that gave me life energy