Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange rock with symbols

camdelcie1

Hi friends,
I found this strange rock in a ranch nears to Laredo, TX. I hope you have the time to look at these pictures and help me to solve the meaning or origin of this rock.  I am not implying anything supernatural but the stone looks weird. Your help would be appreciated.

strange%20rock3.png

strange%20rock345.png

strange%20rock22222.png

Edited by camdelcie1
  • Like 5

Please share some indication as to the size and dimensions of the stone in question ... I suspect it may be a piece of something somewhat larger ~

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Please share some indication as to the size and dimensions of the stone in question ... I suspect it may be a piece of something somewhat larger ~

fit perfectly in the palm of your hand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, camdelcie1 said:

fit perfectly in the palm of your hand.

Not very helpful but I don't think it matters one way or another anymore ,so that makes the engraved motif just slightly larger than a thumb size print  ... perhaps it might be better if you provide an image of the side where it seems like it is broken off, it does look like it is something that is part of a bigger piece ...

~

Edited by third_eye
clarity

23 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Not very helpful but I don't think it matters one way or another anymore ,so that makes the engraved motif just slightly larger than a thumb size print  ... perhaps it might be better if you provide an image of the side where it seems like it is broken off, it does look like it is something that is part of a bigger piece ...

~

I hope this help you, my friend

rock200000.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, camdelcie1 said:

Hi friends,
I found this strange rock in a ranch nears to Laredo, TX. I hope you have the time to look at these pictures and help me to solve the meaning or origin of this rock.  I am not implying anything supernatural but the stone looks weird. Your help would be appreciated.

Take it to a museum or some place to have it examined and dated.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, camdelcie1 said:

I hope this help you, my friend

~image snip

Was hoping for a more detailed shot but that does not look like the same rock posted previously .. the shape and dimensions looks all wrong ... ~

Sorry I can't be more of a help but if you want to have a better assessment just by providing picture images it will help if you provide better shots that indicates the shape and size from various angles (detailed dimensions) if possible ...

Good luck ~

• Like 1

Very interesting. My wife is a rock hound and she found similar rocks in the deserts of New Mexico. They almost look like an Indian had created some art on small rocks. Good luck and I agree about taking them to an expert.

Having said that, I hope this isn't some kind of trick.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ZZ430 said:

Very interesting. My wife is a rock hound and she found similar rocks in the deserts of New Mexico. They almost look like an Indian had created some art on small rocks. Good luck and I agree about taking them to an expert.

Having said that, I hope this isn't some kind of trick.

No it is not a trick.  I would love to see the rocks your wife found.  Please share the pictures. Thanks

1471391332669.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camdelcie1 said:

Hi friends,

*Snips*

I recognize the script from the time I was abducted and taken aboard the mothership.

It says: "Do not remove this rock under penalty of death."

Or maybe I made that up. I don't know what to say about your find.

• Like 5

Some type of Native Amerindian  ' tjurunga '   ?    (The design could be a 'memory script' or a type of recorded psychological 'schema' ) 

Image result for aboriginal churinga

....or someone having fun with a dremel 

• Like 1

Odd......not one single person said that they were demonic. That's a first. 

For some strange reason I keep thinking that it's norse or aztec looking. Don't know why.

• Like 3

I can see a sorta Olmec style face. 

But, I have seen similar things before in other stones, and they were just natural deformations in the stone.

Of course, I'm just the local idiot. Not a bad idea to check with your local archaeology or geology department. Might be a geofact, might be real.

Edited by shadowsot
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Odd......not one single person said that they were demonic. That's a first. 

For some strange reason I keep thinking that it's norse or aztec looking. Don't know why.

a bit Polynesian as well . 

I would check it with a magnifying glass and look for traces of the type of tool which may have made it .

10 minutes ago, back to earth said:

I would check it with a magnifying glass and look for traces of the type of tool which may have made it .

I did look with a loupe.  The marks do not look carved. They look more like when you brand something with a hot iron. 

sandblasted through a stencil ? 

how hard is the rock, what sort of rock is it ?

2 hours ago, camdelcie1 said:

No it is not a trick.  I would love to see the rocks your wife found.  Please share the pictures. Thanks

1471391332669.jpg

Looks a bit like Sanskrit and the image above is upside down.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, back to earth said:

sandblasted through a stencil ? 

how hard is the rock, what sort of rock is it ?

It is hard.  Very solid stone.  The stone looks like quartzite.  Not sure

Not to be a downer, but it is a pretty common thing for people to buy rocks with stuff carved on them and leave them out in the wilderness as tokens of remembrance of loved ones, or accident victims, and whatnot. Not saying this is fake, but I think it should be considered.

I'd suggest looking around where you found it for anything else. Even little bits of wood could tell more about why it was there.

• Like 4