Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What can this be

Somethingodd

My house is haunted this I know. I have the knocking, the random smells when no one's cooking,and seen things fly of shelves for know reason. Even seen the spirit in person. But what I don't get is the new 2 wet spots on my carpet floors. They are in 2 bedrooms, and from the right point of view it looks like blood. I've been in the house 2 years now and this is the first time I've ever seen this before. Both the spots appeared on the same day. No odor or stickiness, but they both have gotten about the same size and have stopped. They dry out, but once you start touching it...they get wet again and they don't fade away but just appears?? What is it. No AC window units and not by Windows both spots are right in the walk way as u enter the room.

Have you checked under the floorboards? before thinking this is some form of paranormal activity, I really suggest you get a plumber in to check under the floorboards to see if you have any pipes there. If you do not get this checked out you could have problems in the future within the foundation. 

What colour is your carpet?

How old is your house?

Do you have wooden doors or paneling?

• Like 1

The cure seems simple, install 24 hr video/sound surveillance. Ta-ta to the ghost !

• Like 1

Wow.  It's the pictures that convinced me....

Oh wait, wrong thread, nothing at all here... 

(in other words... what Habitat said)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Wow.  It's the pictures that convinced me....

Oh wait, wrong thread, nothing at all here... 

(in other words... what Habitat said)

You'll probably think I'm crazy ( or already do), but I don't think this stuff will, or even is permitted to, manifest in a way that would become a matter of record. Not that I'm saying the subject of this thread is necessarily the real deal. But I certainly don't hold with the notion it is all just blah.

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You'll probably think I'm crazy ( or already do), but I don't think this stuff will, or even is permitted to, manifest in a way that would become a matter of record. Not that I'm saying the subject of this thread is necessarily the real deal. But I certainly don't hold with the notion it is all just blah.

Me either, but in this case (see below)....  As for being crazy, nah, I just think you get a bit lost sometimes.... :)

My point was why on earth wouldn't the OP take pictures??  It's not like this was a lightning fast orb flashing in and out of existence...

The record is pretty clear, where is any convincing picture of a ghost ? That must cause people who have actually seen one, more wonderment than what they actually saw. I don't know what the explanation is for that, except I don't credit it being wall-to-wall liars.

I think the wet patches on the carpet in the bedroom would be a good place to start taking photos. 

I do hope the OP comes back and gives us a few more details, it would help us determine if the wet patches are an under floorboard leaking pipe or someone getting up in the middle of the night sleepwalking to the toilet ( which they think they have reached ).

45 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I think the wet patches on the carpet in the bedroom would be a good place to start taking photos. 

I do hope the OP comes back and gives us a few more details, it would help us determine if the wet patches are an under floorboard leaking pipe or someone getting up in the middle of the night sleepwalking to the toilet ( which they think they have reached ).

Either that, or there is a ghost with carpet burns ! :o

• Like 1

Spoiler

It won't let me post pics, keeps saying to big, I've tried to.

20160824_101559-1.jpg

Edited by Somethingodd
Here is one of them, just let me know if want to to see the other..

Somethingodd, can you also show us the other image/ picture.

You mentioned about seeing the apparent Spirit in person, what exactly did you see and how did it appear before you?

Edited by Hudds